Page 357 of 360 FirstFirst ... 257307347353354355356357358359360 LastLast
Results 5,341 to 5,355 of 5394

Thread: Latest orders!

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Yeah that's just mind blowing to me. Marvel has had the same spine on all of their classic omni's for what, 10-12 yrs at least? Wtf happened with The Defenders?!

Total DC move, tbh...
    I'm thinking someone made a mistake with the font and they only realised once all the dust jackets were printed. Marvel being the skinflints they are, didn't recall them and are acting as nothing happened. DC do make the more glaring mistakes and more often but they have been good enough to recall Omnibuses such as Fourth World and Superman Morrson and provide replacements. I can't recall Marvel doing the same with the recent mistakes in the Silver Surfer and Bendis Daredevil Omnibuses or any other for that matter.

Extraordinary Member

Hi. Does anyone have any tips as to how to package an omni for sale? I'm selling off some I don't like but are desired and I am not sure how to safely package them and what box would be good.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Hi. Does anyone have any tips as to how to package an omni for sale? I'm selling off some I don't like but are desired and I am not sure how to safely package them and what box would be good.
    Hey DebkoX, I don't know if you remember how I packed the Omnibus I sent you a couple of years ago. I place the Omnibus in a protective plastic cover, wrap bubble wrap around it several times, and also tape extra bubble wrap/packing on each corner so that you can't feel the corners at all. I usually use a sturdy cardboard box from Amazon/IST/other retailer. I place extra cardboard under, above and on the sides of the Omnibus so that the packed Omnibus is not solely touching the walls of the box. I then place scrunched up paper, packing peanuts and similar material all around the Omnibus so that there is no "breathing" space and there is no chance for the book to be able to move around. It needs to be a tight fit so that even if some incompetent courier/postal worker throws the parcel around, the book itself will be immovable and cushioned all around. I also usually tape the majority if not all the exterior of the box with wrapping waterproof tape. Hope that helps

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Hey DebkoX, I don't know if you remember how I packed the Omnibus I sent you a couple of years ago. I place the Omnibus in a protective plastic cover, wrap bubble wrap around it several times, and also tape extra bubble wrap/packing on each corner so that you can't feel the corners at all. I usually use a sturdy cardboard box from Amazon/IST/other retailer. I place extra cardboard under, above and on the sides of the Omnibus so that the packed Omnibus is not solely touching the walls of the box. I then place scrunched up paper, packing peanuts and similar material all around the Omnibus so that there is no "breathing" space and there is no chance for the book to be able to move around. It needs to be a tight fit so that even if some incompetent courier/postal worker throws the parcel around, the book itself will be immovable and cushioned all around. I also usually tape the majority if not all the exterior of the box with wrapping waterproof tape. Hope that helps
    Hi! Thanks for replying. I was actually trying to recall how you packed the omnibus which arrived in tremendous condition. Thank you so much for giving me some really good advice. I just know that I wouldn't want my book to come damaged, so I am trying to be proactive.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Hi! Thanks for replying. I was actually trying to recall how you packed the omnibus which arrived in tremendous condition. Thank you so much for giving me some really good advice. I just know that I wouldn't want my book to come damaged, so I am trying to be proactive.
    Just make sure the box is double layerd by putting some extra cardboard on the bottom and top. Pack the book in something that covers it ckmpletely and fill the space around with material that keeps it in place. Nothing can go wrong.

What are you going to sell?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    Just make sure the box is double layerd by putting some extra cardboard on the bottom and top. Pack the book in something that covers it ckmpletely and fill the space around with material that keeps it in place. Nothing can go wrong.

What are you going to sell?
    I'm looking to sell the following omnis:

[1] Uncanny X-Men volume 1 (claremont) / opened
    [2] Uncanny X-Men volume 2 (claremont) / sealed
    [3] Uncanny X-Men volume 3 (Claremont) / sealed

Depending on how they go I may also shift some others. I'm also trying to be fair with the prices so I am monitoring Ebay because these omnis seem to sell for a lot, but, I'm not trying to take the p!ss.
    Last edited by DebkoX; 05-02-2021 at 04:46 AM.

I only have about 6 (or 7) more Omnibus/Absolute books to buy, then I'm quitting the game!
    That'll put me at about 200 Omni/Abso books and I will have (most) everything I actually want.
    I've been collecting these from the beginning of them being published, so I didn't miss out on much, but now that I'm running out of space, with a baby coming, I figure this will be the perfect time to put a bow on the collection.

(might end up selling a few as well, just to tighten things up)

This is what I have left the I still want to buy, then I quit!

- Absolute Swamp Thing by Moore vol 3
    - Excalibur by Alan Davis omni vol 2
    - Hulk by Peter David omni vol 3 (and maybe 4)
    - Empyre omni
    - Batman by Snyder omni vol 2
    - X-Men by Hickman omni
    - Batwoman by JH Williams omni (if it ever gets released)

“We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

I ordered the Batwoman Omnibus. Haven’t decided yet whether I’m going to rip out Batwoman Annual #1 or leave it in.

Quote Originally Posted by Twice-named View Post
    I ordered the Batwoman Omnibus. Haven’t decided yet whether I’m going to rip out Batwoman Annual #1 or leave it in.
    Is it that bad?!
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Is it that bad?!
    Yeah, it is. It’s bad enough they didn’t let Williams and Blackman wrap up their story in #25. But to finish the story with that? IMO, they should’ve left it out of the omnibus. I felt it was really disrespectful to call it Batwoman by JH Williams III and include Annual #1. Maybe they realized it and that’s why they changed the name to just Batwoman Omnibus.

Quote Originally Posted by Twice-named View Post
    Yeah, it is. It’s bad enough they didn’t let Williams and Blackman wrap up their story in #25. But to finish the story with that? IMO, they should’ve left it out of the omnibus. I felt it was really disrespectful to call it Batwoman by JH Williams III and include Annual #1. Maybe they realized it and that’s why they changed the name to just Batwoman Omnibus.
    Oh dear haha I think this is the omnibus that I pre-ordered but then cut from my list again.

My haul this month;
    IMG_2668.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Oh dear haha I think this is the omnibus that I pre-ordered but then cut from my list again.

My haul this month;
    IMG_2668.jpg
    I love Rucka’s original Wonder Woman run.

The past few weeks: https://imgur.com/a/ILO9DZy
    Attached Images Attached Images

Just ordered two omnibuses here in the UK - Thunderbolts vol. 1 and X-Men Age of Apocalypse. I hope my shelves can take on the weight!
    Last edited by hyped78; 08-02-2021 at 10:46 AM.