Page 204 of 360 FirstFirst ... 104154194200201202203204205206207208214254304 ... LastLast
Results 3,046 to 3,060 of 5394

Thread: Latest orders!

BANNED

I'm glad you find the volume 3 at a price range that you want. The Devistation event in it is my favorite TF Phase 1 story so far but The TF & Avengers crossover was not that good.

I have never read a Transformers comic, but I love the films and I usually find the comics better, so I'm hopeful
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    I have never read a Transformers comic, but I love the films and I usually find the comics better, so I'm hopeful
    Comics is certainly better than the movies. Movies were ok but i don't dig the TF designs of movies... They are ugly.

Latest...again. I think I've accumulated this haul in like 3 weeks and already have more books on the way. Not like I'm not reading them (and it's not like I'm planning to die in a few years or have some kind of deadline) but it's weird how much books I can get in a very short time without noticing it.
    Anyhoodles... lots of stuff again I wanted to buy for years but kept putting them off in favour of experimental impulse buys. I'm kind of proud of myself for at least spending my money more wisely than before.On the other hand I'm a bit angry at myself not getting Torpedo sooner in hcs because some of them are quite oop now so I just got the oversized paperbacks instead.
    Also finally Grendel! I'm on v2 now and it's a very intriguing story but boy does the art suck in this volume! Also, some double dipping with the Rocketeer, but it's the bloody Rocketeer so I allowed myself this luxury.

Spectacular Member

Last few LCS hauls and IST orders :

That looks like a solid week of reading my friend!
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by QComix View Post
    Last few LCS hauls and IST orders :

When I first saw this, it looked like all those books were crushing that Alpha Flight omni, then I remembered it has that new odd bowed cover spine.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    That looks like a solid week of reading my friend!
    Ha! At least a few days

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    When I first saw this, it looked like all those books were crushing that Alpha Flight omni, then I remembered it has that new odd bowed cover spine.
    Yeah that spine is oddly shaped...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Latest...again. I think I've accumulated this haul in like 3 weeks and already have more books on the way. Not like I'm not reading them (and it's not like I'm planning to die in a few years or have some kind of deadline) but it's weird how much books I can get in a very short time without noticing it.
    Anyhoodles... lots of stuff again I wanted to buy for years but kept putting them off in favour of experimental impulse buys. I'm kind of proud of myself for at least spending my money more wisely than before.On the other hand I'm a bit angry at myself not getting Torpedo sooner in hcs because some of them are quite oop now so I just got the oversized paperbacks instead.
    Also finally Grendel! I'm on v2 now and it's a very intriguing story but boy does the art suck in this volume! Also, some double dipping with the Rocketeer, but it's the bloody Rocketeer so I allowed myself this luxury.

Another Nice Haul dude

How is Ultraman ? i watched a show about it about a week ago on NHK World. It seems like they really modernized Ultraman, the new design looks cool. Have you ever read Guyver ? i'm a big Guyver fan, i just love that stuff. I wish they published Guyver from the begining :/ I would be all over that. If you read or watched the Guyver (not the movies, they suck) Is the new Ultraman as good as Guyver ?

I want to get in to Grendel but i couldn't find the omnibuses anywhere... and they are kind of small aspecially to be omnibuses. :/ and you can't go wrong with The TAS style Batman, Secret Six, Camelot 3000 and Cosmic Odyssey. I need them but too many books to buy... i'm like in to gazzilion comics series already... I don't know anything about Torpedo and House of Secrets and i have never read or watched Roketeer but i heard great things about Roketeer.

I will have complete Abnett Guardians of Galaxy in omnibus format soon. Marvel will also collect the entire run in War of Kings Omnibuses. I got the first one and the secon omnibus Realm of Kings is on its way.

Kamala looks so cute ! i don't collect pop vinly but i will probably get Kotobukiya Bishoujo Kamala.
    Last edited by Batarang; 03-07-2017 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Batarang View Post

Another Nice Haul dude

How is Ultraman ? i watched a show about it about a week ago on NHK World. It seems like they really modernized Ultraman, the new design looks cool. Have you ever read Guyver ? i'm big Guyver fan, i just love that stuff. I wish they published Guyver from the begining :/ I would be all over that. If you read or watched the Guyver (not the movies, they suck) Is Ultraman as good as Guyver ?

I want to get in to Grendel but i couldn't find the omnibuses anywhere... and they are kind of small aspecially for being omnibuses. :/ and you can't go wrong with The TAS style Batman, Secret Six, Camelot 3000 and Cosmic Odyssey. I need them but too many books to buy... i'm like in to gazzilion comics series... I don't know anything about Torpedo and House of Secrets and i have never read or watched Roketeer but i hear great things about Roketeer.

I will have complete Abnett Guardians of Galaxy in omnibus format soon. Marvel will also collect the entire run in War of Kings Omnibuses. I got the first one and the secon omnibus Realm of Kings is on its way.

Kamala looks so cute ! i don't collect pop vinly but i will probably get Kotobukiya Bishoujo Kamala.
    First of all, go watch the Rocketeer! Like now! One of my all time favourite movies, it's just such a delightful, fun adventure romp. Timothy Dalton as the villain, James Horner composed the music , Joe Johnston directed it (Cap Am-First Avenger) and Dave Stevens was advising the production. I'm a sucker for these 90's pulp movies, Rocketeer, The Shadow, Phantom (yes, The Billy Zane one) and I would put Darkman here as well.
    The comic is a bit different than the movie but it's just as awesome.

Ultraman is so far good but a bit too standard superhero book. I like the legacy aspect, I'm usually a fan of legacy heroes but it's very punchy-punchy action heavy but there is enough to keep me interested and I expect it to get a 100% cooler when he finally grows giant sized (I mean surely it will happen at some point).
    Never read Guyver but seen the 2nd movie when I was a kid and I remember liking it.

House of Secrets was on my wishlist for ever, I know it's not the most beloved Vertigo book ever but I liked Seagle's It's aa ird so I wanted to check this out.
    Torpedo I know very little about other than it's a highly regarded crime series and I like those but the main reason was Bernett's art for me. Ever since I seen his Jonah Hex stuff I just love his art.
    I got all 4 of the Grendel's from cheap-comics.com btw.

BANNED

First of all, go watch the Rocketeer! Like now! One of my all time favourite movies, it's just such a delightful, fun adventure romp. Timothy Dalton as the villain, James Horner composed the music , Joe Johnston directed it (Cap Am-First Avenger) and Dave Stevens was advising the production. I'm a sucker for these 90's pulp movies, Rocketeer, The Shadow, Phantom (yes, The Billy Zane one) and I would put Darkman here as well.
    The comic is a bit different than the movie but it's just as awesome.

Ultraman is so far good but a bit too standard superhero book. I like the legacy aspect, I'm usually a fan of legacy heroes but it's very punchy-punchy action heavy but there is enough to keep me interested and I expect it to get a 100% cooler when he finally grows giant sized (I mean surely it will happen at some point).
    Never read Guyver but seen the 2nd movie when I was a kid and I remember liking it.

House of Secrets was on my wishlist for ever, I know it's not the most beloved Vertigo book ever but I liked Seagle's It's aa ird so I wanted to check this out.
    Torpedo I know very little about other than it's a highly regarded crime series and I like those but the main reason was Bernett's art for me. Ever since I seen his Jonah Hex stuff I just love his art.
    I got all 4 of the Grendel's from cheap-comics.com btw.
    Ok, i will watch the Roceteer movie and i love Billy Zane Phantom, that movie is a childhood favorite.

I have bad news for you about Ultraman, he will not grow giant sized... they ditched that stuff with the new Ultraman manga cause The Western audience didn't dig it.
    Thanks for the cheap-comics.com recommendetion dude. The first omni is OPP at there but it's not at a crazy price or anything since it's not HC or anything so i will totally get them

Quote Originally Posted by Batarang View Post
    Ok, i will watch the Roceteer movie and i love Billy Zane Phantom, that movie is a childhood favorite.

I have bad news for you about Ultraman, he will not grow giant sized... they ditched that stuff with the new Ultraman manga cause The Western audience didn't dig it.
    Thanks for the cheap-comics.com recommendetion dude. The first omni is OPP at there but it's not at a crazy price or anything since it's not HC or anything so i will totally get them
    BAH! Western audience can go and *insert profanity *
    it's a manga! why do they care about western audience at all?
    Also looked up Guyver but it was last published in english 20 years ago and it's quite oop now. I think it's about time for someone to pick it up and publish it again!

I've only read the first volume but Torpedo is great. It's a free for all as far as humour and doesn't shy away from anything good or bad.

BANNED

BAH! Western audience can go and *insert profanity *
    it's a manga! why do they care about western audience at all?
    Also looked up Guyver but it was last published in english 20 years ago and it's quite oop now. I think it's about time for someone to pick it up and publish it again!
    They care about Western audience cause $$$$$$$$$ i didn't know they care about a western audience that much until i watched the NHK World show Imangine Nation. The Mangaka said there that they totally ditched the growing giant sized for the western audiance.

A new Guyver manga from the start would be a dream come true... but until that the second best option is the 2005-2006 tv anime of 26 episodes. It's awesome, totally watch it.

Ironically they'll start losing their Western audience by pandering to them. People read manga and watch anime because it offers something different and original (the good stuff anyway) in a slightly different way.