Page 200 of 360 FirstFirst ... 100150190196197198199200201202203204210250300 ... LastLast
Results 2,986 to 3,000 of 5394

Thread: Latest orders!

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    Notice I said OHC collection. I still need some MMWs, I only recently got bit by that bug.
    Ah, I see

I've tried to limit my MMW purchases to a select few as I would have to otherwise file for bankruptcy, as well as the fact that I'm running out of space and when it comes down to it, I'm more of an OHC guy.

The three MMW series I do collect are Daredevil, Amazing Spider-Man and Marvel Team-Up. I also have the MMW Hulk Vol. 1 as a one off and I'm considering picking up the Peter Parker Spectacular SM MMWs but as I prefer the OHC format and the inclusion of the letters, I may wait it out for an eventual Omnibus which may be a couple of years down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Latest!
    Sold a lot but bought a lot. Trying to buy books that I know I can just take down from the shelf any time and enjoy. Bought a lot of books as experiments or assumed I will like them since I liked similar books (mostly older material) and either got disappointed or horded so much that I knew I will never get around reading them while still had paperbacks of Sleeper which is one of my all time favourites or didn't even have Scene of Crime or the last Kane trade.
    Also upgraded Shadow Y1 to hc because I bloody love that book and got The Captain and Chase (all from cheap-comics) for a good price. Wanted to get them for years.
    Valiant omni's, worth getting? I had them as floppies but I talked myself out of getting them as I may be remembering them through rose tinted glasses

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Ah, I see

I've tried to limit my MMW purchases to a select few as I would have to otherwise file for bankruptcy, as well as the fact that I'm running out of space and when it comes down to it, I'm more of an OHC guy.

The three MMW series I do collect are Daredevil, Amazing Spider-Man and Marvel Team-Up. I also have the MMW Hulk Vol. 1 as a one off and I'm considering picking up the Peter Parker Spectacular SM MMWs but as I prefer the OHC format and the inclusion of the letters, I may wait it out for an eventual Omnibus which may be a couple of years down the road.
    I have decide to go MMW for series I don't think will get Omni'd at this point. I grabbed the 2 Warlock volumes, the Inhumans are the top of my list followed by Captain Marvel and the Defenders. I am highly considering going for the Two In One. If I can find a good price on the Variant Deathlok I will grab that one as well.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Valiant omni's, worth getting? I had them as floppies but I talked myself out of getting them as I may be remembering them through rose tinted glasses
    just got them the other day so have no idea but figured I would give it a shot and if I don't like them I can get rid of them without loss since valiant hardcovers tend to go for silly prices when they go oop.

Latest!
    Sold a lot but bought a lot. Trying to buy books that I know I can just take down from the shelf any time and enjoy. Bought a lot of books as experiments or assumed I will like them since I liked similar books (mostly older material) and either got disappointed or horded so much that I knew I will never get around reading them while still had paperbacks of Sleeper which is one of my all time favourites or didn't even have Scene of Crime or the last Kane trade.
    Also upgraded Shadow Y1 to hc because I bloody love that book and got The Captain and Chase (all from cheap-comics) for a good price. Wanted to get them for years.
    Great haul. Quick question. I assume because the thickness the Chase trade uses some kind of non-glossy paper. Is it newsprint, or the nice coated matte paper DC uses on some of their stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by VanWinkle View Post
    Great haul. Quick question. I assume because the thickness the Chase trade uses some kind of non-glossy paper. Is it newsprint, or the nice coated matte paper DC uses on some of their stuff?
    It's newsprint. Just compared it to the Creeper hc and it's basically the same. This trade is relatively old though, it's not from the recent line of chunky trades.

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    I have decide to go MMW for series I don't think will get Omni'd at this point. I grabbed the 2 Warlock volumes, the Inhumans are the top of my list followed by Captain Marvel and the Defenders. I am highly considering going for the Two In One. If I can find a good price on the Variant Deathlok I will grab that one as well.
    Good chance of Inhumans getting an "Inhumans Classic" omnibus with the big TV project Marvel has set up that's going to launch in the fall. Might even be in the next solicitations, although I'd bet money it comes out with the start of the second season, so next year.

Got Chew HC vol 1 and Animal Man by Morrison vol 1 today. But now I'm in a crossroads. I need to get 3 Marvel HC but my budget is below 50. Now I must choose which...
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Got Chew HC vol 1 and Animal Man by Morrison vol 1 today. But now I'm in a crossroads. I need to get 3 Marvel HC but my budget is below 50. Now I must choose which...
    simple. Get more Chew

Amazing Member

Added another run to my backlog! Found a good deal over at /r/comicswap on Fraction's Iron Man. I have been waiting to read this for a while now. I'ml gonna get the rest of his run in tpbs soon.

20170220_100813.jpg

simple. Get more Chew
    You're not wrong. I do need more chew in my life.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCairo View Post
    Added another run to my backlog! Found a good deal over at /r/comicswap on Fraction's Iron Man. I have been waiting to read this for a while now. I'ml gonna get the rest of his run in tpbs soon.

20170220_100813.jpg
    Wait until you finish book 2 before ordering any more. Opinion varies of course but book 1 is especially good and the first half of book 2 is fun but then the usual Fraction decline kicks in hard. You already have the best of the run in those two books so unless you're die hard I'd wait until you see what you think first.

simple. Get more Chew
    I'd second that

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    Wait until you finish book 2 before ordering any more. Opinion varies of course but book 1 is especially good and the first half of book 2 is fun but then the usual Fraction decline kicks in hard. You already have the best of the run in those two books so unless you're die hard I'd wait until you see what you think first.
    This has been on my list alongside the Knauf IM. So Vol 2 is a deal breaker/maker?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    This has been on my list alongside the Knauf IM. So Vol 2 is a deal breaker/maker?
    I'm probably being more dramatic because it was a while ago I read it so my memory has condensed it but the second half of volume 2 is definitely the start of the decline. Some people love the whole run but it only got worse the longer it went on after that point where volume 2 starts ending. I've re-read the first hardcover a few times though because it's two really good Iron Man stories. The two hardcovers are in no way a bad purchase though.

it's just occurred to me that Warren Ellis should have done more long runs and Fraction should have been limited to six issues like Ellis likes to keep himself to.

Why the Knauf's run hasn't been reprinted in at least a complete collection by now still bothers me. It's a no brainer, especially with Tony working alongside SHIELD often in the films.