Page 201 of 360 FirstFirst ... 101151191197198199200201202203204205211251301 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,015 of 5394

Thread: Latest orders!

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    Why the Knauf's run hasn't been reprinted in at least a complete collection by now still bothers me. It's a no brainer, especially with Tony working alongside SHIELD often in the films.
    It is.

https://www.amazon.com/Iron-Man-Dire...ete+collection

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post
    Awesome. Haven't been buying Marvel for a while so am out of the loop. Shame they couldn't just collect 7-35 and be done with it though unless the solicitation on Amazon is wrong.

Spectacular Member

My 2017 so far:

Great haul, man, lots of great books. And no Marvel, thumbs up.

Awesome. Haven't been buying Marvel for a while so am out of the loop. Shame they couldn't just collect 7-35 and be done with it though unless the solicitation on Amazon is wrong.
    It's right. #33-35 are the Secret Invasion issues starring War Machine that led into his ongoing series and will probably be collected with that someday.

Just bought the 24 issue Bryan Q Miller run on Batgirl in the comixology sale...which is about only way I buy comics now.

This was a run that I tried to get several times when I used to buy physical comics...but was always foiled by daft prices for some of the issues. (No doubt tie-in comics, which is often reason for daft prices in fairly recent comics. I detest them...you pay four times price of rest of issues in run, only to find they are usually total crap, because writer has had to accommodate a "big event".)

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Great haul, man, lots of great books. And no Marvel, thumbs up.
    Hah thanks. I wouldn't mind a few Marvel books but on the whole I'm more into comics with beginnings and ends, which means a lot of the Big 2 are uninteresting to me.

Amazing Member

Wait until you finish book 2 before ordering any more. Opinion varies of course but book 1 is especially good and the first half of book 2 is fun but then the usual Fraction decline kicks in hard. You already have the best of the run in those two books so unless you're die hard I'd wait until you see what you think first.

Thanks for the heads up. Not much familiar with Fraction other than his work on Sex Criminals and Fantastic Four runs. Hope it's not bad as that.

[QUOTE=JackDaw;2623602]Just bought the 24 issue Bryan Q Miller run on Batgirl in the comixology sale...which is about only way I buy comics now.

This was a run that I tried to get several times when I used to buy physical comics...but was always foiled by daft prices for some of the issues. (No doubt tie

Heard this is getting a reprint.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Heard this is getting a reprint.
    That would make sense. It (the Bryan Q Miller Batgirl run) has a good rep, but, for a recent run, has been difficult to get for sometime now. Mind you, difficult to predict how well it would sell: it features a Batgirl other than Babs, so I suppose sales are never going to be stellar??

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    That would make sense. It (the Bryan Q Miller Batgirl run) has a good rep, but, for a recent run, has been difficult to get for sometime now. Mind you, difficult to predict how well it would sell: it features a Batgirl other than Babs, so I suppose sales are never going to be stellar??
    Cassandra Cain is the first Batgirl who can support her own book so she sells (and i loved her series back in the day) but i don't know Stephanie, i heard that she didn't sell well... and that was great if she didn't sell well for taking the mantel from Cass... (i don't know Steph's sells for sure couse that was a time i quit reading comics for awhile) but instead of bringing back Cass, they brought back Barbara... I like Barbara too... but Cass is the best Batgirl, Cass is totally a more kick ass character.
    Last edited by Batarang; 02-26-2017 at 10:51 AM.

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Batarang View Post
    Cassandra Cain is the first Batgirl who can support her own book so she sells (and i loved her series back in the day) but i don't know Stephanie, i heard that she didn't sell well... and that was great if she didn't sell well for taking the mantel from Cass... (i don't know Steph's sells for sure couse that was a time i quit reading comics for awhile) but instead of bringing back Cass, they brought back Barbara... I like Barbara too... but Cass is the best Batgirl, Cass is totally a more kick ass character.
    Stephanie had solid sales (it only ended because of the New 52), and her run by Bryan Q. Miller is phenomenal. Top shelf comics.

Cass is a great character, but she never really felt like a fit for Batgirl to me. I was so happy when she finally joined the New 52 universe in Batman & Robin Eternal though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post
    Stephanie had solid sales (it only ended because of the New 52), and her run by Bryan Q. Miller is phenomenal. Top shelf comics.

Cass is a great character, but she never really felt like a fit for Batgirl to me. I was so happy when she finally joined the New 52 universe in Batman & Robin Eternal though.
    i disagree Cass is the queen of Batgirls, she's the perfect Batgirl.

Artist's Edition week! I have ordered and received
    - Hellboy In Hell (Mignola signed remarqued edition upgrade)
    - The Amazing Screw on Head (Mignola, SDCC 2016 variant cover)
    - Alan Moore's America's Best Comics (Promethea cover, all details uploaded here http://myabsolutecollection.blogspot...s-edition.html

And now, I don't have money anymore until next Month but I am happy

Latest order from IST...

books.jpg