Page 65 of 360 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115165 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest orders!

out at work, got text off wife saying my Absolute Watchmen had arrived from the wordery - yay, but it has a big hole in the packaging which goes all the way through in into the slipcase- boo

so my Absolute collection has gone from nothing to this......

.....in the past two weeks, have Hush on order and a replacement Watchmen coming (see above) now need to decided if want to get Superman/Batman vols 1 & 2, the Sandman and Joker/Luthor and Y the last man, The Death one (although there can't be a great deal of content in it) Identity Crisis and Justice, and then try to get hold of the OOP ones (Dark Knight, LOEG, New Frontier, Planetary 1 & 2 and Authority vol 1) also joining the Absolutes were the chew smorgasbords

I'm tempted by an Absolute but the page count doesn't inspire me too much. Plus I'd only want a Batman book which I already own in another format (the Court of Owls one coming soon is tempting though.) Are they worth the upgrade?

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    I'm tempted by an Absolute but the page count doesn't inspire me too much. Plus I'd only want a Batman book which I already own in another format (the Court of Owls one coming soon is tempting though.) Are they worth the upgrade?
    IMHO not really but others live the format. My problem is the pagecount as well.
    Why not buy Absolute Batman INC? There is no oversized edition of the second part of that run except the absolute and it's one of the chunkier ones.

Page count is pretty poor, pretty sure the authority could of just been one book rather than split into two

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    IMHO not really but others live the format. My problem is the pagecount as well.
    Why not buy Absolute Batman INC? There is no oversized edition of the second part of that run except the absolute and it's one of the chunkier ones.
    Good shout, I'm going to put it on my to buy list and see how I feel when it comes around to buying it.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Last night I was notified of a price drop on Teen Titans vol.2 Perez from $174usd to $135m.
    I then used $20 in Amazon bucks to get the book down $115m. So I'll only be paying slightly more than the MSRP+tax.
    Now to just hope it's packaged well, which with Amazon is always a gamble. If it arrives great that's one more whale off my list.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Last night I was notified of a price drop on Teen Titans vol.2 Perez from $174usd to $135m.
    I then used $20 in Amazon bucks to get the book down $115m. So I'll only be paying slightly more than the MSRP+tax.
    Now to just hope it's packaged well, which with Amazon is always a gamble. If it arrives great that's one more whale off my list.
    Cheap-comics have it for €75 if I remember correctly.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

^^^^
    The google currency converter says that's only a $10usd difference and I'd have paid more than that in shipping to get it State side.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    ^^^^
    The google currency converter says that's only a $10usd difference and I'd have paid more than that in shipping to get it State side.
    Shipping to states is about €20/€25 IIRC and that equals about $110 total with top class packing. Though it would have taken an eternity for you to get the book so congratulations still
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Amazing Member

Latest arrivals.. Was in my pre-order list for long and then all of them arrived at the same time !!

image.jpg

I'm becoming obsessed with Humanoids..nowadays I buy anything they print

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    Latest arrivals.. Was in my pre-order list for long and then all of them arrived at the same time !!

image.jpg

I'm becoming obsessed with Humanoids..nowadays I buy anything they print
    Dude, me too. I have the Last Ones and Dengue coming next week. Humanoids stuff is just quality material.
    Epic things: "TOPANGA" (GHA), Jaxson & Zefferson (PRO), Lucas (SHEL)

I was bit lukewarm with some of their stuff so didn't buy anything from them this month (las month I went crazy with Humanoids, still have like 5 unread books).
    Regardless, the reprints of Technopriests and White lama are gonna be instant buys.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    so my Absolute collection has gone from nothing to this......

.....in the past two weeks, have Hush on order and a replacement Watchmen coming (see above) now need to decided if want to get Superman/Batman vols 1 & 2, the Sandman and Joker/Luthor and Y the last man, The Death one (although there can't be a great deal of content in it) Identity Crisis and Justice, and then try to get hold of the OOP ones (Dark Knight, LOEG, New Frontier, Planetary 1 & 2 and Authority vol 1) also joining the Absolutes were the chew smorgasbords
    Very,very nice)

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I was bit lukewarm with some of their stuff so didn't buy anything from them this month (las month I went crazy with Humanoids, still have like 5 unread books).
    Regardless, the reprints of Technopriests and White lama are gonna be instant buys.
    sell me on Humanoids