Page 305 of 360 FirstFirst ... 205255295301302303304305306307308309315355 ... LastLast
Results 4,561 to 4,575 of 5394

Thread: Latest orders!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Are those Image titles too? Not familiar.
    Yep

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow View Post
    Same....I bought Wytches, Kill Or Be Killed vols 1 & 2, Chrononauts, and Descender via that sweet sale.....Also bought extra copies of Black Monday Murders & Chrononauts for a coworker.....What's extra-cool is these are all variant covers.
    It was too bad i had most of them already. Hopefully they'll continue to mix in some different titles

Fantastic Member

Are those Image titles too? Not familiar.
    they are. two of them aren't really my thing, but i loved Invisible Republic, both the story and the art, it just doesn't get as much hype as, say, Saga. it's similar in mood to Greg Rucka's Lazarus, i think. i just wish it came back from hiatus, it's been like a year and a half, longer even

Honestly, despite all of the hype, I've never had any interest in Saga at all :/
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Astonishing Member

I just ordered the Amazing Spider-Man by David Michelinie and Tod McFarlane Omnibus from Amazon UK.
    It was a tough choice because i just wanted to order one book,and i had that Omnibus and the Amazing Spider-Man Vol 3,Amazing Spider-Man by Roger Stern and Spider-Man by Erik Larsen in my wish list.All of them great books that i want in my collection eventually.
    But the way Amazing Spider-Man by David Michelinie and Tod McFarlane Omnibus reprint got so soon to be out of stock in many online shops(Bookdepository for example did not had that book anymore) i decided to order this one because it seems that this will be getting OOP sooner that the other ones i mentioned.
    In Amazon Uk i found the ASM Omnibus BY DM and Tod McFarlane at the price of 75 Euros(In Pounds was around 65).Was surprised to see it at this price,because in the other online shops that still had it available it was around 100 Euros.
    Now i will just have to wait one week.Could be faster shipping but i did not wanted to pay even more shipping fees in a already expensive book.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    I just ordered the Amazing Spider-Man by David Michelinie and Tod McFarlane Omnibus from Amazon UK.
    It was a tough choice because i just wanted to order one book,and i had that Omnibus and the Amazing Spider-Man Vol 3,Amazing Spider-Man by Roger Stern and Spider-Man by Erik Larsen in my wish list.All of them great books that i want in my collection eventually.
    But the way Amazing Spider-Man by David Michelinie and Tod McFarlane Omnibus reprint got so soon to be out of stock in many online shops(Bookdepository for example did not had that book anymore) i decided to order this one because it seems that this will be getting OOP sooner that the other ones i mentioned.
    In Amazon Uk i found the ASM Omnibus BY DM and Tod McFarlane at the price of 75 Euros(In Pounds was around 65).Was surprised to see it at this price,because in the other online shops that still had it available it was around 100 Euros.
    Now i will just have to wait one week.Could be faster shipping but i did not wanted to pay even more shipping fees in a already expensive book.
    It is completely normal that new books go Out of Stock in the first weeks, but u should not be worried about that, you will have plenty of time to buy them

Incredible Member

No larger print run Marvel omnibus will sell out in a week but some are going out of stock (or nearly so) in a year or so. Amazing Spiderman 3 for example doesn't look to be available and that just came out last year. Avengers by Hickman 1 etc. This makes me realize I should get the Erik Larsen one sooner than later.

Honestly, despite all of the hype, I've never had any interest in Saga at all :/
    I tried out the first two trades....I was underwhelmed, to put it mildly.

That said, I'm not into Brian K Vaughan. Didn't care for Y: The Last Man, either.

I tried out the first two trades....I was underwhelmed, to put it mildly.

That said, I'm not into Brian K Vaughan. Didn't care for Y: The Last Man, either.
    I did really enjoy Y: The Last Man. The only other work of his that I'm interested is the lions one - I forget the name :P
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

I did really enjoy Y: The Last Man. The only other work of his that I'm interested is the lions one - I forget the name :P
    Pride of Baghdad
    Last edited by JPAR; 11-02-2018 at 12:29 AM.

I think you should give a chance to Ex machina and Runaways too. But definitely Ex machina.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by pablo01 View Post
    It is completely normal that new books go Out of Stock in the first weeks, but u should not be worried about that, you will have plenty of time to buy them
    Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    No larger print run Marvel omnibus will sell out in a week but some are going out of stock (or nearly so) in a year or so. Amazing Spiderman 3 for example doesn't look to be available and that just came out last year. Avengers by Hickman 1 etc. This makes me realize I should get the Erik Larsen one sooner than later.
    Did not knew that.Shows how much i know about the availibility of Omnibuses.lol
    In hindsight i propably should had gotten the Spider-Man by Roger Stern or ASM Vol 3 Omnibus,considerating that i had a year or so to order the Spider-Man by David Michelinie and Tod McFarlane Omnibus,but as i said i did not knew that the online shops would got new stock of that Omnibus i got.
    The Spider-Man by Erik Larsen Omnibus is a must buy to me as well.
    Erik Larsen had no easy job at following Tod McFarlane job in Amazing Spider-Man,but while in the first stories Larsen art is similar to McFarlane it does not take long to the dinamic art style of Larsen to apear in those Spider-Man stories.The stories by David Michelinie kept on being great with Erik Larsen illustrating them.And he have two great story arcs with the Sinister Six in that Omnibus as well.

After reading both Y & Saga, I get the impression Vaughan tries too hard to come across as cool with both his dialogue and storytelling, but, in my eyes, he fails miserably....He seems to have a lot of fans, though, so I guess he's doing something right.

I don't think I'll try any of his other stuff out, unless there's a significant discount/sale on one of his other books. Even then, I don't know if I'll bother. I REALLY don't like his writing.

I've never watched Lost (Which he was one of the writers of), so I can't comment on his work for that show.

I didn't even realise that he was involved in Lost. I enjoyed it initially, but it dragged on eventually...

BANNED

After reading both Y & Saga, I get the impression Vaughan tries too hard to come across as cool with both his dialogue and storytelling, but, in my eyes, he fails miserably....He seems to have a lot of fans, though, so I guess he's doing something right.

I don't think I'll try any of his other stuff out, unless there's a significant discount/sale on one of his other books. Even then, I don't know if I'll bother. I REALLY don't like his writing.

I've never watched Lost (Which he was one of the writers of), so I can't comment on his work for that show.
    I would say if you dont like either Y or Saga then I dont think you will enjoy his other writings either.
    Personally I really both and most of his work, but he does have a specific style and if you did not like those two I doubt you will get much enjoyment from the others.

I have to say there's nothing better than a bit of retail therapy after a hectic week.

- Hawkman by Geoff Johns vols. 1-2
    - New Super-Man vols. 2-3
    - Superman (Rebirth) vol. 6
    - Superman : Action Comics (Rebirth) Vol. 4
    - Wonder Woman (Rebirth) vols. 1-3