Page 356 of 360 FirstFirst ... 256306346352353354355356357358359360 LastLast
Results 5,326 to 5,340 of 5394

Thread: Latest orders!

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

My first preorders of the Covid era such as the UXM Vol. 4 DM Variant, Flash Johns Vol 2 Omnibus and the Rise of the Batmen Omnibus from last year have started to come through. Since then, I decided that preordering is the way to go in order to insure that I get the comics I want without stress later on. There are a couple of Omnibuses which I will try and pick up around release date, but I have gone ahead and preordered the majority of the ones I want. Several of the books from this haul I initially had delivered to my brother's place in the UK mainly due to shipping issues. The Blackest Night Omnibus I picked up for £51 from amazon.co.uk sometime last year. The Generations OHC was for around £8 from an amazon.co.uk marketplace seller. The EC Archives: Two Fisted Tales Vol. 3 was one of the last books I ordered from Booksetc whereas the Spider-Man From Amazing to Spectacular I ordered from amazon.de when they had those nice discounts last year. The latter is a truly beautiful book. My wife and I also presented a copy to my 12-year old son who is a big Spidey fan. My brother and his wife managed to send the "UK" books just before the EU laid down those heavy taxes and other import duties at the end of January due to Brexit.

Cool haul Raffi. Blackest Night is bloody ridiculous isn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    Cool haul Raffi. Blackest Night is bloody ridiculous isn't it.
    Thx Joe. Yes, the BN Omni is quite a beast. Those $150 DC Omnibuses would be so much better split into two. But I suppose we're better off getting done in one Omnibuses than a Vol. 1 and never knowing whether a Vol. 2 will materialise.

Amazing Member

Blackest Night 2nd print has very good binding.

Some more of my pre-orders from last year have started to trickle in:

I was hoping that the spine on the Defenders wouldn't have that little letter font we saw in the preview video(s). To no avail. Oh well, let's hope that Vol. 2 has the same small font, so that they will at least match each other.

The spine on the Defenders omnibus annoys me to no end. It just looks so out of place on the bookshelf.

Can I ask what you think on Generations & Doctor Aphra Raffi?

It's just Omar on NMC didn't seem that big on Generations, which is why I haven't picked it up yet. And I'm a 'very' casual Star Wars fan, so Aphra being Indiana Jones hijinks in space is what sounded cool.

Cool haul btw.

Mighty Member

Just got the Flashpoint and Thunderbolts omnis. They're both quite pretty. Also got Steve Orlando's new Wonder Woman book, Bendis's second volume of Legion of Superheores, and Justice League Odyssey v4.

@JoeGuy - I'm about a quarter of the way into Dr Aphra (all the appearances before her series proper started). It's pretty fun and doesn't require much SW knowledge so far. They made some weird choices of which issues to omit, but it's pretty solid.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

It's just Omar on NMC didn't seem that big on Generations, which is why I haven't picked it up yet. And I'm a 'very' casual Star Wars fan, so Aphra being Indiana Jones hijinks in space is what sounded cool.

Cool haul btw.
    Ah, a Mintie I was looking at Generations too, but not for a long time yet.
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Cool haul btw.
    Im a Superman fan (that's why I picked this Omni up) but I haven't read Generations. Once I do, I'll be sure to post some thoughts. What little I've read of Dr Aphra and heard, it seems pretty good.

A couple of pre-order Christmas gifts makes for a nice haul

IMG_2608.jpg
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

That's a great haul, I'm too afraid to commit to getting all the TMNT books, but they look nice. I do want to get the Batgirl book eventually.

That's a great haul, I'm too afraid to commit to getting all the TMNT books, but they look nice. I do want to get the Batgirl book eventually.
    I would absolutely recommend Batgirl. I can't remember the last time I enjoyed reading comics so much. TMNT is also definitely worth getting, but I can't see them ever being out of print, so I think you can wait and get them later. I would at least grab the first volume

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    The spine on the Defenders omnibus annoys me to no end. It just looks so out of place on the bookshelf.
    Yeah that's just mind blowing to me. Marvel has had the same spine on all of their classic omni's for what, 10-12 yrs at least? Wtf happened with The Defenders?!

Total DC move, tbh...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES