Page 239 of 360 FirstFirst ... 139189229235236237238239240241242243249289339 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,585 of 5394

Thread: Latest orders!

Spectacular Member

My (smaller) hauls for the last month and a half :

This reminds me........... I want to get the Star Wars: Darth Vader omnibus this September.

Quote Originally Posted by QComix View Post
    My (smaller) hauls for the last month and a half :

Smaller haul?? Alright, this is a running gag isn't it?

Picked up WW: Rebirth and Way's Doom Patrol vol 1 today.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    This reminds me........... I want to get the Star Wars: Darth Vader omnibus this September.
    I have it pre-ordered for my birthday. It looks amazing, right?!
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    I have it pre-ordered for my birthday. It looks amazing, right?!
    since I know you are on a budget I just wanted to ask: have you had a look for the 2 ohcs? You get the same content, same size but I'm pretty sure you can get those cheaper than the omnibus. Maybe not right now but look for a couple of days and surely a deal will pop up.
    Unless of course you prefer the omnibus format or got a great deal on the preorder.

Incredible Member

Finished reading Doom Patrol Book 1 (Grant Morrison) which I just got on Friday. Loved it. Indigo was having a sale on the Doom Patrol Books. Now waiting on Books 2 and 3 to come in. I also heard good things about the new Doom Patrol so ordered Volume 1 of that as well. I love the Omnibus/hardcover format but that Doom Patrol Omnibus just seemed too big so I always held off wanting to get it.
    The Green Lantern/JSA Omnibus' are about the max size book I want to handle I have learned

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Smaller haul?? Alright, this is a running gag isn't it?
    Well, since I used to place an order on IST almost every week from the start of 2016 until the end of May of this year, and that I've placed only 3 orders in the last 2 months due to having to buy baby stuff, yes it's a smaller haul :P

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by QComix View Post
    Well, since I used to place an order on IST almost every week from the start of 2016 until the end of May of this year, and that I've placed only 3 orders in the last 2 months due to having to buy baby stuff, yes it's a smaller haul :P
    I had something similar. I had a weekly running order with IST from Oct '14 to Oct '15. I have the tally on my home laptop of what that amount was but can't recall it off hand. I should, it was fairly sizable. In the thousands. I was getting stocked up due to my wedding, which was summer of '15. So I went a bit past the wedding but my wife and I had talked about a number of vacations and trips we wanted to do for 2016 + pay off the wedding before calendar year 2015 was over.

I now go weeks w/o an order but my back log of reading is PRIME and I take little chunks out of it here and there.
    I may go into months w/o an order as well when my newborn baby shows up on/about Sept 28th! Solidarity sir!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I had something similar. I had a weekly running order with IST from Oct '14 to Oct '15. I have the tally on my home laptop of what that amount was but can't recall it off hand. I should, it was fairly sizable. In the thousands. I was getting stocked up due to my wedding, which was summer of '15. So I went a bit past the wedding but my wife and I had talked about a number of vacations and trips we wanted to do for 2016 + pay off the wedding before calendar year 2015 was over.

I now go weeks w/o an order but my back log of reading is PRIME and I take little chunks out of it here and there.
    I may go into months w/o an order as well when my newborn baby shows up on/about Sept 28th! Solidarity sir!
    My son is due around Sept 17th Can't wait ! But yeah all that baby stuff is pretty expensive, I'm glad to have my backlog (and I even started re-reading old stuff !! lol)

Incredible Member

A future toddler warning. They LOVE to pull out things from bookcases! I don't put anything I care about on my bottom 2 shelves now after I had half a shelf of omnibus' dumped onto the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    since I know you are on a budget I just wanted to ask: have you had a look for the 2 ohcs? You get the same content, same size but I'm pretty sure you can get those cheaper than the omnibus. Maybe not right now but look for a couple of days and surely a deal will pop up.
    Unless of course you prefer the omnibus format or got a great deal on the preorder.
    Thanks for the heads up! I went for the omnibus partly because it looks so damned good, but I think also partly because I like the idea of having it all in one. I think ordinarily I would consider the cheaper option, but since it is a present from my parents and they insisted that I get get the one I wanted the most, I went for it :P

Edit:

Also, an arrival today. I've wanted these for ages but I had lots to read...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    A future toddler warning. They LOVE to pull out things from bookcases! I don't put anything I care about on my bottom 2 shelves now after I had half a shelf of omnibus' dumped onto the ground.
    my niece (two and a half) loves banging her tiny fists on the spines and tries to pull the books out. luckily, she is small and weak and they are big and heavy and shelved tight enough, so she hasn't quite succeeded in her endeavors so far but yeah, they are like magnet to her, so colorful and bright. i keep an eye on her whenever she is near the shelves though, because, well, they do grow up fast.

Amazing Member

New Books.jpg

So today I went to this comic shop in another city and look at what I found and bought. These were literally waiting for me on the shelves. The store manager was a prick, though. But I got a great deal on all of these and they're all still sealed. I literally freaked out cause I was looking for all of these. They have the other rare Valiant books. So I got the rest of them all on hold. Since I ran out of pocket money. I don't use my card for transactions, only business. I use pocket money to buy whatever. Though, I think I'm going to build up a Valiant HC collection. Been meaning to for a long time, and these are my first 3 Valiant HC's from the New Wave. Oh, and that Justice League, I didn't have it, been looking for it for quite sometime brand new. But what you guys think about the haul?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    I don't worry too much about that for now, I have my dedicated comics room in the basement :P