Page 205 of 360 FirstFirst ... 105155195201202203204205206207208209215255305 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,075 of 5394

Thread: Latest orders!

Wow they took away the giant turning aspect? Way to lose ALL of your audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    Ironically they'll start losing their Western audience by pandering to them. People read manga and watch anime because it offers something different and original (the good stuff anyway) in a slightly different way.
    Same with everything. I know Americans complained that doctor who now always shoots in america loosing it's brittish feel and thats why Americans were watching it

@ Balakin and QComix: stunning hauls. Still need to get Torpedo and Grell's GA. I only just ordered Smith's GA and Grell's might be next. I've been looking at Okko Integrale for a while now but I can't find it for a reasonable price over here.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    @ Balakin and QComix: stunning hauls. Still need to get Torpedo and Grell's GA. I only just ordered Smith's GA and Grell's might be next. I've been looking at Okko Integrale for a while now but I can't find it for a reasonable price over here.
    Yeah the Okko Integrale is quite pricey but it's a really beautiful and high quality book. Great binding, thick pages and there's even a support for the page block at the bottom of the slipcase to avoid sagging. I highly recommend it!

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    thanks! I need to get Grell's GA as well but I have this weird thing where I rather buy stuff in bulks but I'm not sure if I'm ready to drop 80 quid on paperbacks in one go.
    Read Torpedo v1 last night, it is fun (but morbid, violent and sexist but it fits the book, which I know it sounds weird) and I just love Bernett's art and storytelling.

This week and last;

Uncanny X-men Omni vol 1,2
    Mighty Thor Omni vol 2
    Fantastic Four Omni vol 2,3
    Walking Dead vol 1

I'm new so I don't have much of anything but can see now, I'm gonna be broke by the end of the year.
    "When you have to shoot...shoot, don't talk" Tuco

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    thanks! I need to get Grell's GA as well but I have this weird thing where I rather buy stuff in bulks but I'm not sure if I'm ready to drop 80 quid on paperbacks in one go.
    Read Torpedo v1 last night, it is fun (but morbid, violent and sexist but it fits the book, which I know it sounds weird) and I just love Bernett's art and storytelling.
    I don't think it sounds weird. It's supposed to be a kind of dark comedy. If everything is shied away from you wouldn't get things like the story with the man hiring Torpedo to kill his ex-girlfriend which turns the whole concept on it's head.

There may come a time when political buzz words and manipulation are going to kill any form of art. As long as no one (real people) gets hurt then nothing should be off limits if it's presented well for a purpose when it comes to any kind of art. I don't think those three descriptors need to be followed by a but like they are inherently negative in this context.

That said, I completely agree that Bernett is definitely the reason to keep buying them. Incredible art work. It was also the first thing I'd ever experienced of Toth too which made it well worth a tenner.

All-New Member

Only started collecting Omni's and HC's last month. Still have all my singles from the 80's & 90's but once I saw that most of those issues are collected in the oversized hardcovers, I was hooked. So far I've picked up:

Uncanny X-men Omnibus Vol 1-3
    Uncanny X-men MMW Vol. 10 (honestly didn't know it was so small)
    X-Men: Mutant Massacre HC
    X-Men: Fall of the Mutants HC
    X-Men: Inferno Prologue Omni
    X-Men: X-tinction Agenda HC
    X-Men by Claremont & Lee Omnibus Vol. 1-2
    X-Men: X-cutioner's Song HC
    X-Men: Fatal Attractions HC
    X-Men: Age of Apocalypse Omnibus
    X-Men: Age of Apocalypse Companion Omnibus
    X-Men / Avengers Onslaught Omnibus
    New X-men Omnibus by Grant Morrison
    X-Force Omnibus

Deadpool Beginnings Omnibus
    Deadpool by Joe Kelly Omnibus

Infinity Gauntlet Omnibus (Still hasn't shipped yet)
    Annihilation Books 1-3 HC
    Annihilation Conquest Omnibus
    War of Kings Omnibus
    War of Kings: Aftermath Omnibus

The Mighty Thor by Walt S. Omnibus

Spawn the Dark Ages Collection HC
    Spawn Origins 3, 4, 6, 7, 9, 10

Eventually going to pick up the following books if I can find them for a decent price:
    X-Men: Bishop's Crossing HC
    X-Men: Phalanx Covenant HC
    X-Men: Zero Tolerance HC
    X-Men: Road to Onslaught Vol. 1-3 TPB's

And lord willing I WILL find the X-Men Inferno Omnibus (HC) that doesn't cost an arm and a leg! Once I get the X-men caught up, I'll switch over to one of the other "X" books or the Avengers. There's just so much to get caught up on!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Soulforger View Post
    Only started collecting Omni's and HC's last month. Still have all my singles from the 80's & 90's but once I saw that most of those issues are collected in the oversized hardcovers, I was hooked. So far I've picked up:

X-Force Omnibus

War of Kings Omnibus

Eventually going to pick up the following books if I can find them for a decent price:

And lord willing I WILL find the X-Men Inferno Omnibus (HC) that doesn't cost an arm and a leg! Once I get the X-men caught up, I'll switch over to one of the other "X" books or the Avengers. There's just so much to get caught up on!
    Now's a good time to get into omnis, with all the recent reprints, clearances, and marvel seemingly not afraid to extend volumes any longer. I've been collecting for ~5 years, and I've doubled my omni collection just in the last year or so because of this.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Now's a good time to get into omnis, with all the recent reprints, clearances, and marvel seemingly not afraid to extend volumes any longer. I've been collecting for ~5 years, and I've doubled my omni collection just in the last year or so because of this.
    Yeah, I've found a lot of great information about collecting them, what reading order to check out, etc. Even binding singles into hardcovers. I love comics, too bad my collection as dwindled over the years from moving, etc.

Looking forward to collecting as much as I can and looking forward to Marvel releasing more hardcovers. I haven't purchased any TPB's yet. Those look like they are good quality as well. Are they glossy stock like the Omni's?

Mighty Member

Yeah, I've found a lot of great information about collecting them, what reading order to check out, etc. Even binding singles into hardcovers. I love comics, too bad my collection as dwindled over the years from moving, etc.

Looking forward to collecting as much as I can and looking forward to Marvel releasing more hardcovers. I haven't purchased any TPB's yet. Those look like they are good quality as well. Are they glossy stock like the Omni's?
    Really depends on the specific line or era. Modern stuff (i.e. current series, complete collections, etc) are almost exclusively glossy. I don't own any Epic collections, but I think they are either a matte or newsprint-like quality, which i personally think works much better with the pre-digital coloring from those eras
    Last edited by awayne83; 03-10-2017 at 09:45 PM.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

X-Force Omnibus

War of Kings Omnibus

That's quite a collection in a month or so and a few OOP books there. You must have come into a nice inheritance recently

I can't remember who asked me to let them know how it went, but... My £34 Transformers Volume 3 arrived today form The Book Depository (£8X in most places!), no problems at all!

20170311_160435.jpg
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    That's quite a collection in a month or so and a few OOP books there. You must have come into a nice inheritance recently
    LOL, I wish! More like a LOT of shopping around on ebay, amazon, IST and CGN for the best deals....and of course tax returns.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    I can't remember who asked me to let them know how it went, but... My £34 Transformers Volume 3 arrived today form The Book Depository (£8X in most places!), no problems at all!

20170311_160435.jpg
    Wow great news! I've got a bit more hope they'll fulfill my order now.