Page 352 of 360 FirstFirst ... 252302342348349350351352353354355356 ... LastLast
Results 5,266 to 5,280 of 5394

Thread: Latest orders!

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    I've cleared my comic book backlog, but I still have some novels to get through I've heard good things about Bloom. The other two are Wonder Woman The True Amazon and Daytripper, the latter being one of I've meant to pick up for a long time.
    Ah Daytripper, haven't read it in a while but I really liked it back then (my taste changed a lot since but I think that book still shuold hold up). BTW Bloom is basically a YA coming of age romance story, just saying so you won't expect some magnum opus Curious of what you think of both

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Ah Daytripper, haven't read it in a while but I really liked it back then (my taste changed a lot since but I think that book still shuold hold up). BTW Bloom is basically a YA coming of age romance story, just saying so you won't expect some magnum opus Curious of what you think of both
    Nothing at all wrong with a YA coming of age! A lot of my favourite books are coming of age or slice of life types.
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Mighty Member

Decided to Pre-Order a bunch of stuff last night from Forbidden Planet.
    Those being;
    Marvel Epic Collection: Spider-Man Vol 7
    Spider-Man Todd McFarlane Complete Collection
    Untold Tales of Spider-Man Omnibus
    Marvel Epic Collection Star Wars The New Republic Vol 5

Currently, it's the only Star Wars Epic I'm interested in due to it reprinting Dark Empire (Which will bridge the gap with my Star Wars Novels).

I'm hoping Vol 6 of Amazing gets announced soon just so I can have a complete run from the Origin of Spider-Man up to the Death of Gwen Stacey.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

My accumulated haul from the last several months:

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    My accumulated haul from the last several months:
    That's a great haul. Which book convinced you to dip into it first btw?

Happy to get a couple of Variant covers - Amazing Spider-Man Straczynski Vol. 2 Omnibus and Thanos: The Infinity Saga Omnibus. I was really hoping to get the DM Variant cover for the War of the Realms Omnibus, but just happy to get the Omnibus as pretty tricky picking it up at a reasonable price. I already had the Daredevil Punisher Lapham in floppies but wanted them collected and I got it for very cheap in a Marvel sale. Similar with the Shazam Deluxe in that I had the story in the JL floppies but wanted it collected. Several books were from Booksetc.co.uk at very reasonable prices such as the Final Crisis Omnibus at ~£59.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    That's a great haul. Which book convinced you to dip into it first btw?
    Thanks! I've already read Shazam by Johns and Daredevil vs Punisher by Lapham and part of the Straczynski Spider-Man run. I think I'll go with War of the Realms Omnibus first as I'm reading through several Marvel runs leading up to War of the Realms but it will probably be at the beginning of next year at the earliest. Although, I may also start reading the Golden Age Marvel Comics Vol. 2 Omnibus. I read Vol. 1 a few years back. I have so much to read......

Incredible Member

I've been curious about the Final Crisis Omni for quite a while but it's never been that high on my list. For that price though I would not hesitate, but I see it's not longer available at Booksetc.

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    I've been curious about the Final Crisis Omni for quite a while but it's never been that high on my list. For that price though I would not hesitate, but I see it's not longer available at Booksetc.
    Similar to you, it was not a priority. However, since I had determined to collect the Batman Morrison Omnibuses, I decided that if I see it at a decent price (and not the first printing with 10th Anniversary plastered on the spine), I would pick it up.

It appears and goes on Booksetc., probably at least 3 or 4 times. I saw it once, and thought I'd wait and order it with a couple of other books. It disappeared the following day. I kept checking moreorless every day and then when it popped up again I ordered it along with the Shazam Johns Deluxe

Incredible Member

Similar to you, it was not a priority. However, since I had determined to collect the Batman Morrison Omnibuses, I decided that if I see it at a decent price (and not the first printing with 10th Anniversary plastered on the spine), I would pick it up.

It appears and goes on Booksetc., probably at least 3 or 4 times. I saw it once, and thought I'd wait and order it with a couple of other books. It disappeared the following day. I kept checking moreorless every day and then when it popped up again I ordered it along with the Shazam Johns Deluxe
    Thanks. I'll keep my eyes open.

Incredible Member

Aaand now it's back again, for the same price as you got it for Raffi.
    I need to see what the shipping lands at once I get home from work though.

Aaand now it's back again, for the same price as you got it for Raffi.
    I need to see what the shipping lands at once I get home from work though.
    Great. If you want it, don't hesitate. It pays off to couple it with something else in order to decrease/spread out the shipping.

Incredible Member

Great. If you want it, don't hesitate. It pays off to couple it with something else in order to decrease/spread out the shipping.
    Yeah I'm gonna see if I find something else as well. I saw an overview of the 10th Anniv. Edition and it had a pretty tight binding, but I am led to believe that this version is better in that regard, is that correct?

Yeah I'm gonna see if I find something else as well. I saw an overview of the 10th Anniv. Edition and it had a pretty tight binding, but I am led to believe that this version is better in that regard, is that correct?
    Sorry, I can't tell you as I haven't yet cracked it open and also can't compare with the 10th Anniversary printing

I have noticed that books steadily increase in price on Booksetc. and don't seem to ever decrease. My Final Crisis was £58.44, it's now at £60.78.

I picked up the Golden Age Marvel Comics Omnibus Vol. 2 at £65.97, saw it later increase to around £70 and now it's at £73.42. Btw, Marvel tends to be pricier than DC on Booksetc.

The JLA Morrison Omnibus yesterday appeared at £60.78. Shipping to Poland came out at just over £10 but got split 60/40 when I coupled it with the Super Sons Expanded Edition Omnibus (£43).

I'm really not supposed to be spending money, but also *shrug*. My name is Hannah, and I'm a friggin addict. When do I get my coin?

IMG_2448.jpg
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”