Page 221 of 360 FirstFirst ... 121171211217218219220221222223224225231271321 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,315 of 5394

Thread: Latest orders!

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    That is a lot of luck! Nice!
    It's quite lucky but to be fair I check that wishlist every damn day!
    Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Hm. Wonder how you'll react to Roughneck then because it's much more along the lines of Essex County (though a bit more violent). Just love how Lemire is able to flesh out his characters here.
    Maybe it's just the amount of hype EC gets and that's why it was a bit underwhelming for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Batarang View Post
    Nice Haul Balakin. Your latest hauls are crazy ! the amount of comics you get in 1 haul got doubled lately.

Uzumaki manga is a nice choice btw, i'm thinking about getting it and some other comics from your haul but i aspecially mention Uzumaki cause my latest haul will be manga heavy. I got into some new manga series lately.
    I meant to get Uzumaki ages ago since I've heard so many good things about it but I'll probably put it aside for an October horror themed readathon. I like to read darker stuff around the Halloween season.
    And yeah I got too many books again, started to do some regular freelance work so I had a bit more money....but less free time to read

Fantastic Member

Guess I should be doing this in this thread rather than the other one, lol...

Fantastic Member

I liked Essex County a lot, but I'm Canadian so the hockey stuff is right up my alley...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by zevious zoquis View Post
    I liked Essex County a lot, but I'm Canadian so the hockey stuff is right up my alley...
    Ditto. I thought it was great.

A nice new arrival today

Edit:
    Christ that image is large, sorry!

“We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Spectacular Member ComicBookNoob's Avatar

TPs.jpg

My biggest order, plus a couple are from the recent Comic Con i went to. I can't wait to start reading all of these
    Check out my blog: http://comicbuffet.blogspot.com/

Favorite DC Heroes: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood, Green Arrow, The Ray
    Favorite Marvel Heroes: Daredevil, Spider-man, X-23, Iron Man, Iron Heart
    Currently Reading: Robin Vol 4, Iron Man, Teen Titans, Titans, Justice League of America Vol 5, Champions Vol 2, Invincible Iron Man Vol 3, Frank Miller's Daredevil

Lots of Daredevil there! Its never appealed to me that much, but it seems to be pretty popular. What do you think of Fables? I've only read the first HC (so, 10 issues I think), but I love the concept
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Spectacular Member ComicBookNoob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Lots of Daredevil there! Its never appealed to me that much, but it seems to be pretty popular. What do you think of Fables? I've only read the first HC (so, 10 issues I think), but I love the concept
    Haha yeah, I've always liked him abd I really like Frank Miller so I started his run with Daredevil and figured this is a great jumping on point for me haha. I haven't started it yet, I have some "floppies" as everyone in this section of the form calls them left haha. But I will probably read Fables first out of everything in that stack, I liked the idea of it and becuase I read a lot of Zenescope I figured that it'd be something I enjoyed
    Check out my blog: http://comicbuffet.blogspot.com/

Favorite DC Heroes: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood, Green Arrow, The Ray
    Favorite Marvel Heroes: Daredevil, Spider-man, X-23, Iron Man, Iron Heart
    Currently Reading: Robin Vol 4, Iron Man, Teen Titans, Titans, Justice League of America Vol 5, Champions Vol 2, Invincible Iron Man Vol 3, Frank Miller's Daredevil

Amazing Member

Got some tpbs off ebay and scored the first OHC for Astonishing X-Men at my local used book store! Only had to pay $15 for this OOP hardcover!

http://i.imgur.com/5yGQd9x.jpg

image.jpg
    May purchases.
    DC,I need Bronze Age Batman,Green Lantern,and Flash collected.Please,and thank you.

Spectacular Member RickyMeister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCairo View Post
    Got some tpbs off ebay and scored the first OHC for Astonishing X-Men at my local used book store! Only had to pay $15 for this OOP hardcover!

http://i.imgur.com/5yGQd9x.jpg
    Got the same ohc on ebay for £10 a couple months ago and only just found and ordered the second for a decent price. Can finally get into it

Quote Originally Posted by ComicBookNoob View Post
    Haha yeah, I've always liked him abd I really like Frank Miller so I started his run with Daredevil and figured this is a great jumping on point for me haha. I haven't started it yet, I have some "floppies" as everyone in this section of the form calls them left haha. But I will probably read Fables first out of everything in that stack, I liked the idea of it and becuase I read a lot of Zenescope I figured that it'd be something I enjoyed
    The Frank Miller Daredevil run is fantastic. I don't think there has ever been better artwork in mainstream super hero comics.

Nothing "flash" about it, but the amount of thought he put into portraying the way Daredevil senses the world and moves in fights was exceptional...as is the way the art conveys emotion, and makes it easy and pleasurable to follow the story.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bob fett View Post
    image.jpg
    May purchases.
    Nice haul. The DH Moby Dick book has caught my interest (one of my wife's favourite books - the original that is). I didn't realise it was oversized. Any chance of some pics?

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Nice haul. The DH Moby Dick book has caught my interest (one of my wife's favourite books - the original that is). I didn't realise it was oversized. Any chance of some pics?
    image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
    Here you go.
    DC,I need Bronze Age Batman,Green Lantern,and Flash collected.Please,and thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    DD is probably my favourite mainstream superhero to read. Everything people claim batman is (Oh he is so human and can go to dark places and vulnerable and yadda yadda unlike that bohohoring superman guy) is actually not very true about batman but fits dd perfectly.
    Although I'm not the biggest fan of the original miller run but bendis and Brubaker made some of my favourite comics of all time with the character.