Page 349 of 360 FirstFirst ... 249299339345346347348349350351352353359 ... LastLast
Results 5,221 to 5,235 of 5394

Thread: Latest orders!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    So many good runs in that. I LOVE Hellboy but please try to put aside the hype or your preconceived notions based on the movies (any of them). I've read the whole run up to In Hell like 3 times at least in the last decade and I appreciate the whole as is it but at first it only really grabbed me with the Chained coffin short stories onward (namely The Corpse).

Also Invisibles... listening to podcasts with Morrison and reading that book changed the way I think and it's one of my all time favorite series but it's not for everyone that's for sure.
    And Bendis DD is just the best DD in my opinion (Born again, Brubaker and the current Zdarsky run comes close. I know it's debatable and most people put Miller's above Bendis but I most of that run did not live up to it's reputation for me).

As for recommendations, it's tough. AXM is probably the best self contained X-men story, back to basics, consistent art, but Invincible is such a wild ride that keeps escalating and it's one of the most consistent long running superhero series ever. I truly love both but I would say only buy Invincible if you're ready to take the plunge on the rest of the series (budget friendly solution would be the 3 compendiums).
    I am addicted so I said screw it and ordered Astonishing X Men AND picked up the following start to Invincible:

Invincible Ultimate Collection Vol 1
    Invincible Ultimate Collection Vol 2
    Invincible Ultimate Collection Vol 3
    Capes TPB
    Super Patriot TPB
    Tech Jacket TPB

Going to do the full on Invincible Reading Order with all the extra series as well.

Quote Originally Posted by lodebone View Post
    I am addicted so I said screw it and ordered Astonishing X Men AND picked up the following start to Invincible:

Capes TPB
    Super Patriot TPB
    Tech Jacket TPB

Going to do the full on Invincible Reading Order with all the extra series as well.
    Invincible is gonna be a blast!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    Invincible is gonna be a blast!
    I've never read a single page, very excited for it!

Spectacular Member

Recently have bought the following: The Adventures of Dr. McNinja Volume 3: King Radical, The Boys Omnibus Vol. 5, Dark Days: Road to Metal, Dark Nights: Metal Deluxe Edition, Batman: White Knight, Baltimore Omnibus Volume 2, The Conan Reader, Hulk by Loeb & McGuinness Omnibus, X-Men: The Trial of Gambit, Aquaman by Geoff Johns Omnibus, Vagabond, Vol. 1-12 (VIZBIG Edition), Cable & X-Force Omnibus, Ubel Blatt, Vol. 0-11, Avengers Epic Collection Vols 1-4, Wonder Woman by Gail Simone Omnibus, B.P.R.D.: Plague of Frogs Volume 1-4, B.P.R.D.: 1946-1948, B.P.R.D. Hell on Earth Volume 1, B.P.R.D. Hell on Earth Volume 3-5, Abe Sapien: Dark and Terrible Volume 1-2, Aliens: The Essential Comics Volume 1, Fallen Angel Omnibus Vol 0-2, Strange Girl Omnibus, Parker: The Martini Edition and the Captain Britain Omnibus (one of my whales, so excited to win this on eBay today).

Capes TPB
    Super Patriot TPB
    Tech Jacket TPB

Haha I remember that feeling, when you just say screw it and buy both

Not saying you've shouldn't have but Invincible doesn't really require any additional material, that's why it's one of my favorites. It has a 2 issue crossover with Astounding Wolfman but you are fine without reading that series (although I've actually did read it a long time ago but nothing else, just Invincible).

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Haha I remember that feeling, when you just say screw it and buy both

Not saying you've shouldn't have but Invincible doesn't really require any additional material, that's why it's one of my favorites. It has a 2 issue crossover with Astounding Wolfman but you are fine without reading that series (although I've actually did read it a long time ago but nothing else, just Invincible).
    But Astounding Wolfman is a fun read too!

Not a trade or graphic novel but still a cool item. my aunt found this at goodwill for me today. This local goodwill has been a nerd haven for me with The Batmoblie, a SPiderman poster, and lots of action figures.

Attached Images Attached Images
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Amazing Member

Just ordered Absolute DC New Frontier, my first non-Batman absolute.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Author View Post
    Just ordered Absolute DC New Frontier, my first non-Batman absolute.
    Great choice! My favourite Absolute.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Great choice! My favourite Absolute.
    Sweet. I’m actually reading New Frontier right now. I normally only get omnis and only have Luthor/Joker in absolute. Just got the absolute Daytripper. Only my second one.

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Some new additions I think I'm going to update my collection video soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by JasmineW View Post
    Here's all the books I've bought whilst in quarantine, there are so many I've almost pulled the trigger on too ....
    I'm less than a year in for collecting oversize collections and trying to catch up on some things. Being stuck at home I have been going way too crazy!

Just arrived: ....
    Quote Originally Posted by Nab432 View Post
    Recently have bought the following: ....
    Those are all great pickups. The lockdown has severely reduced my average books arriving each week, close to 1 or 2 each week.

Quote Originally Posted by Nab432 View Post
    Recently have bought the following: The Adventures of Dr. McNinja Volume 3: King Radical, The Boys Omnibus Vol. 5, Dark Days: Road to Metal, Dark Nights: Metal Deluxe Edition, Batman: White Knight, Baltimore Omnibus Volume 2, The Conan Reader, Hulk by Loeb & McGuinness Omnibus, X-Men: The Trial of Gambit, Aquaman by Geoff Johns Omnibus, Vagabond, Vol. 1-12 (VIZBIG Edition), Cable & X-Force Omnibus, Ubel Blatt, Vol. 0-11, Avengers Epic Collection Vols 1-4, Wonder Woman by Gail Simone Omnibus, B.P.R.D.: Plague of Frogs Volume 1-4, B.P.R.D.: 1946-1948, B.P.R.D. Hell on Earth Volume 1, B.P.R.D. Hell on Earth Volume 3-5, Abe Sapien: Dark and Terrible Volume 1-2, Aliens: The Essential Comics Volume 1, Fallen Angel Omnibus Vol 0-2, Strange Girl Omnibus, Parker: The Martini Edition and the Captain Britain Omnibus (one of my whales, so excited to win this on eBay today).
    Damn, this is like an instant collection! I don't feel so bad about my backlog now.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Hank View Post
    Damn, this is like an instant collection! I don't feel so bad about my backlog now.
    Yeah my backlog will last me the next decade no exaggeration lol

BANNED

Batman the Last Knight on earth
    Batman TMNT III
    JLA by Snyder vol 1-5 (5 is released next month)
    Star Wars Legacy Epic collection 1-3 (3 is out in July)
    The Mask I Pledge alliance to the mask (out next month)
    Justice League Dark vol 1-3
    The shadow Fires of Creation
    The Shadow Batman Cross overs (there are two)

Amazing Member

Ordered the rest of Urasawa's Monster - vols 5 - 9. Can't wait to get back into it!

Got Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillip's Sleeper omnibus on the way.

Also Hellblazer by Garth Ennis omnibus.