Page 297 of 360 FirstFirst ... 197247287293294295296297298299300301307347 ... LastLast
Results 4,441 to 4,455 of 5394

Thread: Latest orders!

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    I was very happy! I don't mind having both :P It was also £3 cheaper in FP, and probably another £3 cheaper online, but I don't mind because to me it's all a part of visiting these places, which I don't often...
    ah yeah definitely, I would have grabbed it too if I found it in the wild.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Just ordered the Ennis Punisher MAX v2 Omnibus from IST. I never bought the first one, as I have the first 3 OHCs from Ennis' run. The first 6 issues from the v2 omni double-dips into the v3 OHC, but I can live with that.
    Last edited by Graphic Autist; 08-06-2018 at 04:12 PM.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

This post is more of just an observational head scratcher. Who is running things at UPS?
    To make sense of these you'd need to know a few geographical things about Tennessee.
    Memphis is located at the southern most western part of the state. Nashville is about middle of the state. LaVergne(a UPS hub) is about 30min from center of Nashville.

My books shipped from IST, who a few months back dropped FedEx in favor or UPS. IST is not to blame for UPS sending my books back/forth across the same 180 miles of the state.Screen Shot 2018-08-08 at 11.02.22 AM.jpg
    It started in Memphis, came to LaVergne and is now going back to Memphis. What on Earth!!!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    Just ordered the Ennis Punisher MAX v2 Omnibus from IST. I never bought the first one, as I have the first 3 OHCs from Ennis' run. The first 6 issues from the v2 omni double-dips into the v3 OHC, but I can live with that.
    So, I totally caved and ordered v1 as well. I'll just trade the OHCs in at this nice used bookstore here in town.

In addition to ordering v1, I also ordered the deluxe edition of Spider-Man: Kraven's Last Hunt.

So, I totally caved and ordered v1 as well. I'll just trade the OHCs in at this nice used bookstore here in town.

In addition to ordering v1, I also ordered the deluxe edition of Spider-Man: Kraven's Last Hunt.
    Lol, I saw that coming when I first read your post. We all have that disease .

Is this Marvel's first book with an official Deluxe Edition title? Somebody please report with a build quality report when they get a copy, it kinda makes me nervous that something has changed.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I did something similar with Waid's DD. Bought the floppies (stopped midway thru Vol. 4), bought all five OHCs and then ended up purchasing the two Omnibuses. It's a slippery slope we climb.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I did something similar with Waid's DD. Bought the floppies (stopped midway thru Vol. 4), bought all five OHCs and then ended up purchasing the two Omnibuses. It's a slippery slope we climb.
    I bought and read the first two silver age flash volumes before they announced the re-released volume 1 omnibus. So of course I will be buying it to go along with Omnibus Vol2/3.

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    I bought and read the first two silver age flash volumes before they announced the re-released volume 1 omnibus. So of course I will be buying it to go along with Omnibus Vol2/3.
    I also have the first two Flash Silver Age volumes. Vol. 3 was ordered from IST a couple of weeks ago and is still on its way over to me. I'm not going as far as getting the new printing of Vol. 1 I quite like the original covers of Vol. 1 of Flash Silver Age and JLA Silver Age. Granted, they look out of place on the shelf but they are quite novel and unique

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I also have the first two Flash Silver Age volumes. Vol. 3 was ordered from IST a couple of weeks ago and is still on its way over to me. I'm not going as far as getting the new printing of Vol. 1 I quite like the original covers of Vol. 1 of Flash Silver Age and JLA Silver Age. Granted, they look out of place on the shelf but they are quite novel and unique
    I meant the first two trades that covered the material in the first omnibus. I really like the cover of the original omnibus and likely would just keep that rather than buy a new version if I had it.
    I just got the third from IST last week.

I meant the first two trades that covered the material in the first omnibus. I really like the cover of the original omnibus and likely would just keep that rather than buy a new version if I had it.
    I just got the third from IST last week.
    Aha! I gotcha!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    This post is more of just an observational head scratcher. Who is running things at UPS?
    To make sense of these you'd need to know a few geographical things about Tennessee.
    Memphis is located at the southern most western part of the state. Nashville is about middle of the state. LaVergne(a UPS hub) is about 30min from center of Nashville.

My books shipped from IST, who a few months back dropped FedEx in favor or UPS. IST is not to blame for UPS sending my books back/forth across the same 180 miles of the state.Screen Shot 2018-08-08 at 11.02.22 AM.jpg
    It started in Memphis, came to LaVergne and is now going back to Memphis. What on Earth!!!
    That stuff is standard for UPS, I never understood it. I used to live in Louisville, KY, a major UPS hub, and packages would frequently (read: almost ALWAYS) arrive in Louisville, then take a trip to Lexington, then come back to Louisville, sit for a day or two, then finally get delivered. Here was one I saved the tracking for because it was so ridiculous:

The UPS hub was about a 15-20 minute drive from my house at that time. It took UPS the same amount of time to get the package that distance (10 miles) as it took for them to get the package from Arizona to Kentucky (1700 miles). Figure that one out!
    Last edited by Dick Grayson; 08-10-2018 at 06:05 PM.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

^^^^^
    That is for sure even worse than mine!!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Incredible Member

In my recent order from IST, I added volume 2/3 trades of Swamp Thing. I had read volume 1 a while ago and thought it was great, didnt love the paper so decided to wait for an Omnibus. I gave up waiting. Even the Absolutes if they ever start will take a few years.
    I am always adding trades and epics to IST to balance out high shipping for the heavy books.
    Also my order was UPS. It weirdly came to my city than back out before it came back. I have never had a problem with UPS/Fedex. They have never been delayed and arrived perfect so cant complain. Shipping changed at IST so now its as cheap (even with customs) to go with UPS/Fedex rather than regular mail. And I get it in 5days or so rather than 30+ they had been getting to.

Spectacular Member

In my recent order from IST, I added volume 2/3 trades of Swamp Thing. I had read volume 1 a while ago and thought it was great, didnt love the paper so decided to wait for an Omnibus. I gave up waiting. Even the Absolutes if they ever start will take a few years.
    I am always adding trades and epics to IST to balance out high shipping for the heavy books.
    Also my order was UPS. It weirdly came to my city than back out before it came back. I have never had a problem with UPS/Fedex. They have never been delayed and arrived perfect so cant complain. Shipping changed at IST so now its as cheap (even with customs) to go with UPS/Fedex rather than regular mail. And I get it in 5days or so rather than 30+ they had been getting to.
    I recently saw that new UPS shipping option for Canada on IST, but didn't choose it since I feared that customs would be too high. Nice to hear that in the end it costs about the same as the ISAL shipping option (and also that it's delivered way quicker) !

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by QComix View Post
    I recently saw that new UPS shipping option for Canada on IST, but didn't choose it since I feared that customs would be too high. Nice to hear that in the end it costs about the same as the ISAL shipping option (and also that it's delivered way quicker) !
    Its about 20bucks for customs. The cost of regular shipping though is now about that over the ups mail. My orders were taking 30-40days and you couldnt track. My last 4 orders or so from UPS/Fedex have been getting to me in around 5 business days and you can track it. Its still expensive but I can get my orders with extra trades etc to basically equal (or be less) than Indigo and that includes exchange rate/shipping/customs. Thats how cheap IST is!
    Last edited by RamblingMan; 08-11-2018 at 09:17 AM.