Page 189 of 360 FirstFirst ... 89139179185186187188189190191192193199239289 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,835 of 5394

Thread: Latest orders!

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    Can you give an update when you have finished?
    yeah but not sure when that will be. sometimes I read just parts of a book then put them aside to move on to something else. I have so much stuff to read and tend to sometimes just check them if they are good enough to keep then finish them later.
    currently I'm working my way through MSG Origin and I'm only at vol 7 of 12 and everything else comes after that.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    not to rain on your parade, it's a very neat haul but oh my gods that Watchmen slipcase looks really poor. If it wouldn't warp there'd be space for another book in there. And Why is it warping at all?
    Here's what I posted earlier about the Batman set. Bottom line: If you get these things, you're doing it just because you're a hardcore fan of these particular books and it looks nice for the most part on the shelf:

http://community.comicbookresources....64#post2407464

They're basically warping because the cardboard isn't particularly good, but also because it's too big for the size of the books. If you get an absolute, it usually fits flush. This is like if you needed a suit as a teenager and your dad lets you borrow his. Even if you're roughly the same height, it's not going to fit right.

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    Here's what I posted earlier about the Batman set. Bottom line: If you get these things, you're doing it just because you're a hardcore fan of these particular books and it looks nice for the most part on the shelf:

http://community.comicbookresources....64#post2407464

They're basically warping because the cardboard isn't particularly good, but also because it's too big for the size of the books. If you get an absolute, it usually fits flush. This is like if you needed a suit as a teenager and your dad lets you borrow his. Even if you're roughly the same height, it's not going to fit right.
    And they individual books are a bear trap. There is no way to enjoy reading 50ish pages of glued binded gutter loss.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by mike1981 View Post
    And they individual books are a bear trap. There is no way to enjoy reading 50ish pages of glued binded gutter loss.
    Yup. I personally regret buying it now.

I will look into that as soon as I got time. As an hardcore fan it was an instant buy, although I think that in this case, bitterness is coming.

I have forgot to put the Bill Sienkiewicz New Mutants Artist Select on the picture, but it has a full article just for itself here:
    http://myabsolutecollection.blogspot...ts-marvel.html

20161211_120918 600pix.jpg

All-New Member

These are my buys from the last few weeks! A lot of great stuff!
    IMG_4096.jpg
    IMG_4100.jpg

yeah but not sure when that will be. sometimes I read just parts of a book then put them aside to move on to something else. I have so much stuff to read and tend to sometimes just check them if they are good enough to keep then finish them later.
    currently I'm working my way through MSG Origin and I'm only at vol 7 of 12 and everything else comes after that.
    Ok. Maybe someone else can tell more about Terminal City?

Amazing Member

Here's my order for the month of December. Really excited to jump into the Flash runs. Still missing Morrison's tpb but I'll get that next order.

IMG_0155.jpg

Fantastic Member

hey y'all, it's been a while. the money's been tight so thank God for Black Friday sales and used books stores to keep the flame alive - this month's modest haul

001.jpg 002.jpg 003.jpg

happy holidays to all of you! peace, love and understanding.
    Last edited by zaboraviti; 12-24-2016 at 01:49 PM.

Queen and country is smaller than I thought. Still want to read them but I try to get a bargain.

Also, it's really nice to see all the Flash trades lined up and being uniform....EXCEPT THAT ONE BLOODY LOGO! Come on DC!

Incredible Member

Queen and country is smaller than I thought. Still want to read them but I try to get a bargain.
    The definitive editions do seem to be undersized which is odd, I have the normal trades and they are standard trim.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by zaboraviti View Post
    hey y'all, it's been a while. the money's been tight so thank God for Black Friday sales and used books stores to keep the flame alive - this month's modest haul

001.jpg 002.jpg

happy holidays to all of you! peace, love and understanding.
    Sis ! you have great taste I want the queen and the country series as well but i want them as HC so i'm still waiting...

Same goes for Waid Flash... it's Mark Waid Flash, how come it's not an omnibus HC edition :/ i will wait for an omnibus HC
    Last edited by Batarang; 12-24-2016 at 12:16 PM.

Fantastic Member

yep, they are rather small, but i knew that, so no disappointment there - i just love the series (read it digitally) so much that i even read the prose novels. it's not easy to collect all eight trades plus declassifieds... i wish it was collected in HC editions, not even necessarily oversized but i'm not sure this is ever gonna happen.
    if you have no aversion to used books, you should try ebay, somebody there keeps relisting the full set in very good condition for like forty bucks or so (although i don't know about the shipping cost to the UK) - unfortunately, the seller doesn't ship to my country, otherwise i would have snagged it a llllong time ago. there was another one but it seems someone finally purchased it.
    new copies being too expensive, i grab used ones where i see them at a decent price - the third arrived from the UK, the second from Israel. the first and the forth volumes are on their way from the UK and from across the pond...

Quote Originally Posted by Batarang View Post
    Sis ! you have great taste I want the queen and the country series as well but i want them as HC so i'm still waiting...
    thanks bro
    i grew tired of waiting for the hardcovers if they do release HCs eventually (and i'm still alive and interested), i'll have to double dip.
    it's like with John Allison's Giant Days. but Giant Days at least are not finished yet, so i can wait longer.
    Last edited by zaboraviti; 12-24-2016 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zaboraviti View Post
    yep, they are rather small, but i knew that, so no disappointment there - i just love the series (read it digitally) so much that i even read the prose novels. it's not easy to collect all eight trades plus declassifieds... i wish it was collected in HC editions, not even necessarily oversized but i'm not sure this is ever gonna happen.
    if you have no aversion to used books, you should try ebay, somebody there keeps relisting the full set in very good condition for like forty bucks or so (although i don't know about the shipping cost to the UK) - unfortunately, the seller doesn't ship to my country, otherwise i would have snagged it a llllong time ago. there was another one but it seems someone finally purchased it.
    new copies being too expensive, i grab used ones where i see them at a decent price - the third arrived from the UK, the second from Israel. the first and the forth volumes are on their way from the UK and from across the pond...

thanks bro
    i grew tired of waiting for the hardcovers if they do release HCs eventually (and i'm still alive and interested), i'll have to double dip.
    it's like with John Allison's Giant Days. but Giant Days at least are not finished yet, so i can wait longer.
    thanks I will look into it!