Page 291 of 360 FirstFirst ... 191241281287288289290291292293294295301341 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,365 of 5394

Thread: Latest orders!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    Just ordered some Omnibi I was planning on buying in June: Miles Morales Spider-Man, Runaways and Wonder WOman 3. In addition, the Hawkeye Omnibus was on sale so I got that too
    My Miles Morales Omnibus also had the binding issue. I'll return it

My Miles Morales Omnibus also had the binding issue. I'll return it
    What's the problem with the binding?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    What's the problem with the binding?
    The back paper and the ribbon are both separating from the text block. As if they used glue that just won't stick. Mind you that if only the ribbon comes off, there is no problem as it is merely decorative. However in this case, the paper that is supposed to stabilise the text block from behind is coming off...

I have already repaired several (used!) books that looked like this but I am really not prepared to just accept quality like this from Marvel.
    IMG_2557.jpg

The back paper and the ribbon are both separating from the text block. As if they used glue that just won't stick. Mind you that if only the ribbon comes off, there is no problem as it is merely decorative. However in this case, the paper that is supposed to stabilise the text block from behind is coming off...

I have already repaired several (used!) books that looked like this but I am really not prepared to just accept quality like this from Marvel.
    IMG_2557.jpg
    I had the same with my Black Science deluxe #1 Remastered edition.

Mighty Member

Thanks for this. I opened mine, and it had the same issue. Hopefully i can still return it

Amazing Member

Damn didn't have that happen to mine thankfully. Though I did have it happen to both my Deadly Class Vol 1 and the Y The Last Man absolute I bought over a month ago. What's the best possible way to fix something like that? From my Absolute Y vol 1 it's just like the middle of the portion of the book where it completely separated

Spectacular Member RickyMeister's Avatar

Have some books ordered but i dont think they will get here until the month is over, and i also organised my shelves to keep omnibus/ohc/paerbacks seperate.
    https://imgur.com/gallery/I8BKE0G

Latest order. Arrived yesterday. I forgot to add in the Rescue Rangers tpb from earlier in the month but that’s okay.

The books are:
    TMNT Adventures vol 15
    TMNT Classics vol 5
    Tales of TMNT Omnibus Vol 1
    Disney Rosa Duck Library Vol 1 & 2
    Find me on
    Instagram @turtle_wa
    YouTube @TurtleWA

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Pulled the trigger on the Daredevil by Miller Omnibus.

Never read the entire run, but certainly read a few of the issues as a kid in the 80s. Hope it holds up to the test of time.

Agggh. Mine is on its way, here's hoping everything is properly glued...

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post

Never read the entire run, but certainly read a few of the issues as a kid in the 80s. Hope it holds up to the test of time.
    I read this about two months ago in a backwards Miller reading binge (from his last work to his first). It really is some of his best work, all of his artistic and writing flaws (to my taste) are pretty contained, and his best pacing and page structure shines bright in Daredevil. He would, in my opinion, reach his peak as a creator a couple of years later. This is ascending Miller as opposed to the bonafide legend past his prime that we have now. Pulling the trigger was a good decision. It was a great purchase!

Incredible Member

You can do it with book binder's glue (I think also called PVA glue). Basically, you need to go in there with a brush and apply the glue, then close the book and let it rest on its spine (i.e. you'll have to put somethin heavy on either side to keep it from opening.

What's really important though is to put some non-sticky paper (like baking or wax paper) between the outer carton of the book and the ribbon part (see on the attached picture). If you do not stick the baking paper in between and some glue gets there, it will glue the outer spine to the ribbon part and make it even worse.

IMG_2557.jpg

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Good man! Great choice. Hope you enjoy it. I know I did, reading the Omnibus 30 years after reading the original floppies.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ87 View Post

I read this about two months ago in a backwards Miller reading binge (from his last work to his first). It really is some of his best work, all of his artistic and writing flaws (to my taste) are pretty contained, and his best pacing and page structure shines bright in Daredevil. He would, in my opinion, reach his peak as a creator a couple of years later. This is ascending Miller as opposed to the bonafide legend past his prime that we have now. Pulling the trigger was a good decision. It was a great purchase!
    +1

Order I placed yesterday

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JJ87 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Good man! Great choice. Hope you enjoy it. I know I did, reading the Omnibus 30 years after reading the original floppies.
    Thanks for the encouragement, guys! It's been on my to-buy list since I started buying hardcovers, and it arrived today. It's a good looking book, but I just wonder why Marvel deviated from their normal spine layout, with "Marvel Omnibus" at the top. I look forward to reading it.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Thanks for the encouragement, guys! It's been on my to-buy list since I started buying hardcovers, and it arrived today. It's a good looking book, but I just wonder why Marvel deviated from their normal spine layout, with "Marvel Omnibus" at the top. I look forward to reading it.
    Yes, those spines are quite "strange". The Elektra Omnibus has a similar design. The Daredevil Miller Omnibus 1st print variants have the same spine designs as the regular Marvel Omnibuses.