Page 268 of 360 FirstFirst ... 168218258264265266267268269270271272278318 ... LastLast
Results 4,006 to 4,020 of 5394

Thread: Latest orders!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob fett View Post
    Nice haul and it looks like you have quite the collection.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Very nice haul indeed! Do you have pictures of that collection? Also, is that Lone Ranger on the left? I've been wanting to get some Western, but can't decide on something.
    Thanks! Haven't taken pictures of my whole collection yet. I'd need to get at least 4 other slim Billy shelves to be able to organize my books like I want. After that I'll probably be satisfied enough with my shelves to post pictures :P

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    @QComix: stunning haul there. The Schuiten/Peeters Integrale is somewhat disappointing. I'd hoped it would be oversized.

@Enigma: sadly, there are not many European Westerns available in English - at least not in printed form. But if you don't mind digital, you should check out "Undertaker". Excellent new series:

http://www.europecomics.com/reading-...opean-western/
    Thanks! I agree about the disappointing format of the Cités Obscures Intégrale. I thought it'd at least be as tall as a comic OHC, but it isn't. It's basically the size of a regular comic HC. It looks like Casterman is trending to release more books this size, which is weird. Anyway, I'll see when I open it if the reduced size bothers me too much. If that's the case I'll return it.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    what's the point even not doing Schuiten/Peeters in oversized?

Lovely looking haul btw. I really need to get MMPR Y1 but why is it so expensive?
    Thanks! Yeah it's overpriced, but it's a lovely book. Also, I just noticed on my picture that it's the same thickness than the Shang-chi Omnibus even though it has 300 less pages!
    Last edited by QComix; 02-05-2018 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by QComix View Post
    Thanks!

Thanks! Haven't taken pictures of my whole collection yet. I'd need to get at least 4 other slim Billy shelves to be able to organize my books like I want. After that I'll probably be satisfied enough with my shelves to post pictures :P
    I would love to see your collection. And your haul is impressive as always.

Spectacular Member

My recent IST order:

The Vision OHC
    Thor by Aaron and Dauterman Vol 2 OHC
    Deadpool Classic Vol 1 Omnibus
    Deadpool by Daniel Way Vol 1 Omnibus
    Fantastic Four: Master Plan of Doctor Doom Epic TPB
    Iron Man: Doom Epic TPB
    Amazing Spider-Man: Worldwide Vol 7 TPB
    Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows Vol 2 TPB
    Ben Reilly: Scarlet Spider Vols 1 & 2 TPBs
    Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man Vol 1 TPB
    Deadpool: World's Greatest Vol 10 TPB
    Spider-Man/Deadpool Vol 4 TPB
    Infamous Iron Man Vol 2 TPB
    Flash by Geoff Johns Vol 4 TPB
    Optimus Prime Vol 2 TPB

Being in Australia my IST shipments take 4 to 6 weeks to arrive... it's going to be a VERY long wait

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan P91 View Post
    My recent IST order:

The Vision OHC
    Thor by Aaron and Dauterman Vol 2 OHC
    Deadpool Classic Vol 1 Omnibus
    Deadpool by Daniel Way Vol 1 Omnibus
    Fantastic Four: Master Plan of Doctor Doom Epic TPB
    Iron Man: Doom Epic TPB
    Amazing Spider-Man: Worldwide Vol 7 TPB
    Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows Vol 2 TPB
    Ben Reilly: Scarlet Spider Vols 1 & 2 TPBs
    Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man Vol 1 TPB
    Deadpool: World's Greatest Vol 10 TPB
    Spider-Man/Deadpool Vol 4 TPB
    Infamous Iron Man Vol 2 TPB
    Flash by Geoff Johns Vol 4 TPB
    Optimus Prime Vol 2 TPB

Being in Australia my IST shipments take 4 to 6 weeks to arrive... it's going to be a VERY long wait
    How cost-effective is IST for you? I also live in Australia and would love to try their service, but I presume you’d have to have a big order for shipping costs to be worth it?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ArkhamJamie View Post
    I presume you’d have to have a big order for shipping costs to be worth it?
    Absolutely. It can make you balk seeing $70, $80, sometimes even $100+ as the shipping cost, but it's offset by the books themselves being so much cheaper. For example, I had the Deadpool by Daniel Way omni pre-ordered on Amazon since it was listed, and worked out I saved $16 AUD on that one book alone by getting it from IST instead. I've also found that if you do larger orders, particularly ones with lots of TPBs, the shipping usually hits a sweet spot where adding a couple more won't bump up the shipping cost (or if it does, it's negligible). OHCs and Omnis of course can bump it up very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan P91 View Post
    Absolutely. It can make you balk seeing $70, $80, sometimes even $100+ as the shipping cost, but it's offset by the books themselves being so much cheaper. For example, I had the Deadpool by Daniel Way omni pre-ordered on Amazon since it was listed, and worked out I saved $16 AUD on that one book alone by getting it from IST instead. I've also found that if you do larger orders, particularly ones with lots of TPBs, the shipping usually hits a sweet spot where adding a couple more won't bump up the shipping cost (or if it does, it's negligible). OHCs and Omnis of course can bump it up very quickly.
    I’ll likely give it a shot soon, then. Right now, Book Depository’s been treating me fine, it’s just that sometimes you have to be on at the right time to get the right price and it can be a little hit or miss.

So I finally bit the bullet and bought an Ikea Kallax 5x5, which should be more than enough to display my entire collection.

I do have a doubt that Kallax owners could help me with, though. Are these meant to be disassembled?
    I ask because I might have to move to a different flat in a month or two, and I fear I might damage it due to improper handling or whatever. So the best choice could be just waiting till I move to a semi-definite place before putting the whole thing together.

Suggestions?

I would wait.It would be a chore to build,then disassemble then build again.Besides everything is packed neat in the box.
    DC,I need Bronze Age Batman,Green Lantern,and Flash collected.Please,and thank you.

I'm not even allowed extra bookcases in my accommodation :P My concern is similar in that whether I go for my MSc/MRes, it will be for one year, so I don't want to take my entire collection. I also don't want to dump it at my parents (although that is what I will do :P).
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by JJ87 View Post
    So I finally bit the bullet and bought an Ikea Kallax 5x5, which should be more than enough to display my entire collection.

I do have a doubt that Kallax owners could help me with, though. Are these meant to be disassembled?
    I ask because I might have to move to a different flat in a month or two, and I fear I might damage it due to improper handling or whatever. So the best choice could be just waiting till I move to a semi-definite place before putting the whole thing together.

Suggestions?
    You can disassemble it easily. But why do it for only two months? Better wait and put it up in the new flat.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ87 View Post

Suggestions?
    The little wooden dowel pins can be tricky and break if you're not careful, so I would definitely wait until you move to assemble it.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    The little wooden dowel pins can be tricky and break if you're not careful, so I would definitely wait until you move to assemble it.
    I agree with this. I moved one and I had to be very careful with those pegs. I'm going to have to move it one more time and I hope it makes it.

BANNED

Got a good deal on the entire Ostrander Spectre run so I jumped on that, also bought the Ostrander Suicide Squad trades 1-7 (with fingers crossed DC finishes the series eventually), the first 3 Wolfman Deathstroke trades, the Silver Surfer "When Calls Galactus" Epic Collection, the Byrne Alpha Flight Omnibus, and Vengeance of the Moon Knight trades vols. 1 & 2.

Going through a phase, Star trek and Iron man phase inc soon.

Star Wars (2015) [43 issues]
    Star Wars Omnibus - A Long Time Ago... Vol. 1 - 5
    Star Wars Legends: Infinities - Epic Collection (2015) [1 TPB]
    Star Wars: Darth Vader and the Cry of Shadows (2013) [5 issues]
    Star Wars: Darth Vader and the Ghost Prison (2012) [5 issues]
    Star Wars: Darth Vader and the Lost Command (2011) [5 issues]
    Star Wars: Darth Vader and the Ninth Assassin (2013) [5 issues]
    Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi - Force War (2013) [5 issues]
    Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi - Force Storm (2012) [5 issues]
    Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi - Prisoner of Bogan (2013) [5 issues]
    Star Wars: Doctor Aphra (2017) [10 issues]
    Star Wars: Jedi of the Republic - Mace Windu (2017) [5 issues]
    Star Wars: The Last Jedi - DJ - Most Wanted (2018) [1 issue]
    Star Wars: The Last Jedi – The Storms of Crait (2018) [1 issue]
    Star Wars: The Old Republic - The Lost Suns (2011) [5 issues]
    Last edited by Cosmicbeing; 02-16-2018 at 08:30 AM.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Just ordered Uncanny X-Men Omnibus 1. Not sure why they decided to stop it three issues into the Dark Phoenix saga, though.