Page 360 of 360 FirstFirst ... 260310350356357358359360
Results 5,386 to 5,394 of 5394

Thread: Latest orders!

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Happy New Year!
    I'm just getting into collected editions, particularly hardcovers, and here's my X-Mas haul!

*Avengers: No Surrender!
    *Venom vs Spider-Man by Michelinie & Mcfarlane, the Gallery Edition! I had this trade back in the 90s, such a great read, so I bought this one because it's huge!
    *Elric: 4 hardcover Titan Comics box set!
    *Klaus trilogy by Morrison and Mora! Bad ass Santa cleaves through naughty people! Tis the season!
    *Once & Future by Gillen and Mora, the deluxe edition book 1! Dan Mora really is a fantastic artist.

Forgive the perspective but the Venom gallery edition really is huge!
    Cool haul. I haven't picked up any of the Gallery Editions, but because I'm a Daredevil fan, I'm tempted to preorder the upcoming Guardian Devil Gallery edition, even though it's not amongst my favourite storylines. And yes, Dan Mora is very good.

New Year's Haul! I'm sticking to ordering one hardcover a month from now on... apart from pre-orders which will arrive randomly. And I may be treating myself to the Sandman omnis for my birthday. C'mon, Willpower! You can do it!
    Last edited by nx01a; 01-11-2023 at 02:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

My recent haul:

PXL_20230126_220121024.jpg

I didn't expect the Captain Britain omnibus to be so huge. Can't wait to start reading it!

My first Collected Editions haul of 2023:

I much preferred the regular covers for Immortal Iron Fist and the Cap America Spencer Omnibuses whereas I went with the Jim Lee variant for Wolvie 3 and the variants for Cap Marvel & Spidey Spencer Omnibuses.

A small haul but a great one!
    books1.jpg
    books2.jpg
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Just after Superman-Batman: World's Finest v2 and Sins of Sinister arrived today, so did Captain Marvel: Genis-Vell! He's an omni big boi, coming in at 1400+ pages! I wish it had been broken up into the two volumes within but I'm not complaining since this is one of my favourite series.
    cm1.jpg
    Regular size trade comparison for thickness.
    cm2.jpg

My accumulated haul from the last several months of 2023:

I managed to pick up the Gallery Editions and the Alex Ross FF at discount. I didn't have CoC collected in its entirety anywhere so this was a good option. The Venom GE was for my oldest son as he likes to draw Venom whereas the Spidey Wedding Album GE was for my younger son as he's a massive Spidey fan.

I already had the previous incarnation of the Death and Return of Superman Omnibus but this was going at a discounted price and I couldn't resist getting this version with the extra issues even though it is a precast concrete kerb. I'm sure they'll produce a Tom King Batman Omnibus(es) at some point but I'm a big Lee Weeks fan and I had to get this Deluxe OHC. The Paolo Siquiera cover of the Chip Zdarsky Spidey Omnibus perfectly epitomises that run. Defenders was my No. 3 comic as a kid in the 1980's (not incl. Marvel Uk comics) afer Daredevil and Hulk and I love that Gil Kane cover, in particular as it had DD on the cover.

Wishing you all a very Happy New Year.