Page 298 of 360 FirstFirst ... 198248288294295296297298299300301302308348 ... LastLast
Results 4,456 to 4,470 of 5394

Thread: Latest orders!

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    Its about 20bucks for customs. The cost of regular shipping though is now about that over the ups mail. My orders were taking 30-40days and you couldnt track. My last 4 orders or so from UPS/Fedex have been getting to me in around 5 business days and you can track it. Its still expensive but I can get my orders with extra trades etc to basically equal (or be less) than Indigo and that includes exchange rate/shipping/customs. Thats how cheap IST is!
    I live in the continental US and have never received an order within 5 days of placing it. Granted, Los Angeles is far from Tennessee, but the quickest I’ve received an order was 7 days.

I consider 7 days satisfactory, so I’m not complaining. 5 is better, though...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    I live in the continental US and have never received an order within 5 days of placing it. Granted, Los Angeles is far from Tennessee, but the quickest I’ve received an order was 7 days.

I consider 7 days satisfactory, so I’m not complaining. 5 is better, though...
    My last order was 6 days total including the weekend and I ordered later in the day when I ordered. Thats the best really I have ever gotten a package from the states. Looking at my orders it has been 6-10 days it seems including weekends. Regular mail was getting 40 days or so. A few times I was convinced they were lost, it was taking so long.

My last order was 6 days total including the weekend and I ordered later in the day when I ordered. Thats the best really I have ever gotten a package from the states. Looking at my orders it has been 6-10 days it seems including weekends. Regular mail was getting 40 days or so. A few times I was convinced they were lost, it was taking so long.
    Glad to hear you’re happy. They really are the best place to buy books.

Purchases made in the last couple of months.The BPRD vol.2 is a replacement due to a printing error.image.jpgimage.jpg
    DC,I need Bronze Age Batman,Green Lantern,and Flash collected.Please,and thank you.

Ah, I loved the first GP WW omnibus, although I haven't read the second one yet
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

I am up to Annual 1 and than two more stories before I finish the book and can order volume 2

I'm trying so hard not to buy books because Cambridge is expensive to live and I'm trying to arrange a flat for moving to Glasgow. Success? Just about :P Only 5 graphic novels (small ones) and a handful of books...
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    I'm trying so hard not to buy books because Cambridge is expensive to live and I'm trying to arrange a flat for moving to Glasgow. Success? Just about :P Only 5 graphic novels (small ones) and a handful of books...
    You sold most of your books?
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    You sold most of your books?
    Helllllllll no! They're my babies I'm just trying not to spend money

Ordered V1 of the Geoff Johns Green Lantern Omnibus.

Seems I am more likely to break my “no comics post-1994” rule I once had in effect.

I just finished his run last month. Oh boy, you are in for such a treat! I always thought it would be overhyped like so many things, but it is genuinely wonderful. The third omnibus was not as good as the first two I would say, but still very good

Appreciate the encouraging words, Enigma. I know I read some of these digitally over the last decade, and they seemed pretty good. And GL has always been a favorite of mine, even since I was a little kid.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    Appreciate the encouraging words, Enigma. I know I read some of these digitally over the last decade, and they seemed pretty good. And GL has always been a favorite of mine, even since I was a little kid.
    Its pretty good. I am a big Geoff Johns fan. The only negative (small negative) I can think of on the first omnibus is that its creator centric so I found some parts, I didn't know what was going on. It didn't necessarily flow from issue to issue (I think the Green Lantern Corps issues possibly). It also has a glossy cover and not the black board (which I do not find durable on the larger JSA size books).

Incredible Member

I took advantage of the recent indigo but 1 get 50% off sale to pick up a lot of stuff I had been meaning to pick up at some point. First few Mark Gruenwald Captain America epics, Denny O'Neill Iron Man Epics, Miracleman Book 2/3 (really like first volume but found it expensive for build/size of book) etc. I did pre-order a few omnis for September/October.

I took advantage of the recent indigo but 1 get 50% off sale to pick up a lot of stuff I had been meaning to pick up at some point. First few Mark Gruenwald Captain America epics, Denny O'Neill Iron Man Epics, Miracleman Book 2/3 (really like first volume but found it expensive for build/size of book) etc. I did pre-order a few omnis for September/October.

I think Miracleman was expensive due to all the financial/legal issues of buying the rights for that series, along with the fact that even though Alan Moore & Neil Gaiman were both writers on that book, the title isn't well-known enough for them to get huge sales. I never looked into the numbers on that series, but I always assumed it didn't sell well.

I'm still waiting patiently for Gaiman to finish the newer part of the series. I believe Mark Buckingham was going to be the penciler again, which was supposedly the reason he left Fables and Bill Willingham stopped writing Fables (A large part of the reason, anyway).

I'm also hoping Miracleman eventually gets released in omnibus form with both Moore's & Gaiman's parts of the book in one. Their respective runs are too short for them to make it a 2-parter, unless Gaiman's newer part of the series turns out to be real long.
    Last edited by Ramsay Snow; 08-27-2018 at 05:56 AM.