Page 191 of 360 FirstFirst ... 91141181187188189190191192193194195201241291 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,865 of 5394

Thread: Latest orders!

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

And, my end of year DC Collected Editions haul:

Amazing Member

Last purchase of the year!

20161231_180841.jpg

Amazing Member

... and here's my first purchase of the year!

IMG_0164.jpg

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCairo View Post
    ... and here's my first purchase of the year!

IMG_0164.jpg
    Sweet! I love that run!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Mixed bag.image.jpgimage.jpg
    DC,I need Bronze Age Batman,Green Lantern,and Flash collected.Please,and thank you.

Got this in a trade. Reads great in this format.

15826486_10208266798811659_315511206845566022_n.jpg
    Co-host of Get Valiant, a Valiant Comics podcast.

Quote Originally Posted by bob fett View Post
    yay! Rocketeer! I have this one but really considering picking up the dm artisan ed. tpb that comes out in February. I just love the Rocketeer!

That bloody Crepax book really bugs me. I'm really interested in his craft but the erotic stuff just doesn't click with me at all.

Recent purchases:

Vision Volumes 1&2
    Green Arrow by Jeff Lemire Deluxe Edition
    Omega Men TPB
    Superman American Alien HC
    Southern Bastards Vol 3

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    yay! Rocketeer! I have this one but really considering picking up the dm artisan ed. tpb that comes out in February. I just love the Rocketeer!

That bloody Crepax book really bugs me. I'm really interested in his craft but the erotic stuff just doesn't click with me at all.
    I wanna get in on The Rocketeer. Is the HC that's available on Amazon and the marketplace the slipcase version or a different copy? How easy will the artisan edition be to get a hold of on release? I might buy the paperback and if I like it (loved the film as a kid and the art looks great) I might upgrade as I don't own any type of massive art edition. Plus, if I do own one it'd be cool to make it the thing that inspired a large part of my childhood and that is probably a lot better anyway.

Edit: might as well add the link to the available version if anyone can help https://wordery.com/the-rocketeer-da...MyOmU1YzNiMjE2
    Last edited by Dayle88; 01-06-2017 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    I wanna get in on The Rocketeer. Is the HC that's available on Amazon and the marketplace the slipcase version or a different copy? How easy will the artisan edition be to get a hold of on release? I might buy the paperback and if I like it (loved the film as a kid and the art looks great) I might upgrade as I don't own any type of massive art edition. Plus, if I do own one it'd be cool to make it the thing that inspired a large part of my childhood and that is probably a lot better anyway.

Edit: might as well add the link to the available version if anyone can help https://wordery.com/the-rocketeer-da...MyOmU1YzNiMjE2
    here is my guide to the Rocketeer:
    first the story: I LOVE the movie. One of m all time favourites and I was originally a fan of the movie and then the comics so same as you. The original Dave Stevens strip is really good but it's a different animal. It's an aviation adventure strip in the style of the golden age sunday strips, with very little focus on the rocketpack and more on Cliff's struggles. It is good but has a very different flow from the movie but both are legit since Stevens worked on the movie as well and Johnston valued his input. Just saying, so you won't be disappointed. I actually really appreciated the grounded and more serialised approach but I'm also a fa of quality GA sunday strips and I can see why some people prefer the movie.

The edition you've linked is a standard size hc, there i also a standard size paperback version.
    There is also the slipcase deluxe edition bob fett bought, it is gorgeous but almost half of it is extras and quite overpriced.

There is an Artist edition which is a proper 15" tall hardcover just like other AEs and quite expensive. The dm exclusive Artisan edition is going to be a scaled down paperback version of the Artist's edition, around 11-12" tall, just like the Wally Wood EC Artisan ed. tpb. (and just to be more confusing there is a Jack Kirby pencil and ink artisan ed. which is a hardcover but only 11,5" tall and contains pencils on one side and inked pages on the other so totally different from other artisan editions).
    Since it'll be a direct market ed. you can order it through your comic book shop or through forbidden planet for 26 quid.

http://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/dav...rket-exclusive

The AE and the Ae tp are both scanned from the original pages without any colouring so you can see all the pencil lines and corrections and whatnot. I say that's more for the fans than new readers. The deluxe, regular hc and tpb are recoloured by a colourist handpicked by Stevens and while I wasn't a fan o the idea when I read the book I was blown away by how well the colours worked. Looks really great.

Hope this helps.

ps: Mark Waid and Chris Samnee's Cargo of Doom is a direct follow up to the original and is excellent, available in standard hc. Any other Rocketeer I've read was either just not that great or mostly utter garbage. And I won't touch the recent Rocketeer at war with a 20 foot stick because Marc Guggenheim is writing it. Thanks IDW for putting one of the least competent writer in the industry on my favourite character's book.

Fantastic Member

first modest haul of 2017, nothing new, nothing special

IMG_20170107_161119.jpg

November-December haul:

Johns Green Lantern:
    No Fear
    Rebirth
    Revenge
    Wanted
    Sinestro Corps War

Usagi Yojimbo Saga 3
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Cheers, Balakin. I'm going to go with the standard paperback for now and if I like it I'll keep an eye out for a good deal on one of the upgrades.

Completely agree on Guggenheim.

Received The Complete Crepax Vols. 1 & 2 this week. I actually ordered Vol. 1 from Amazon last year, but it arrived a bit damaged. This time, I ordered from InStockTrades, and I couldn't be happier. Their packaging was excellent. Vol. 2 contains more Valentina adventures, including The Force of Gravity (and its prologue), Valentina in Boots, Valentina and Marianna, Reflections (which was previously published in Heavy Metal), and Valentina the Pirate (which is printed in B&W here, even though the story has been published in color elsewhere). The longest story in the book is an early Crepax space pirate adventure, and the book concludes with Belinda, who looks kind of like Barbarella. I would rate the stories in Vol. 2 a little higher than those in Vol. 1, but what I'm really waiting for is Vol. 3, which will contain the Baba Yaga Valentina stories (which were the basis for the movie "Baba Yaga"). I have the Baba Yaga stories in Italian and they feature some amazing artwork.