Page 206 of 360 FirstFirst ... 106156196202203204205206207208209210216256306 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,090 of 5394

Thread: Latest orders!

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    I don't think it sounds weird. It's supposed to be a kind of dark comedy. If everything is shied away from you wouldn't get things like the story with the man hiring Torpedo to kill his ex-girlfriend which turns the whole concept on it's head.

There may come a time when political buzz words and manipulation are going to kill any form of art. As long as no one (real people) gets hurt then nothing should be off limits if it's presented well for a purpose when it comes to any kind of art. I don't think those three descriptors need to be followed by a but like they are inherently negative in this context.

That said, I completely agree that Bernett is definitely the reason to keep buying them. Incredible art work. It was also the first thing I'd ever experienced of Toth too which made it well worth a tenner.
    Well said. I think the only thing that stepped over the line for me was Son of the gun. there is a rape scene in it and I would have liked it to be directly addressed later when the hero goes through his personal hell but it was just a random scene to show how rotten he became.

My latest haul

Last edited by SmilingPirate; 03-12-2017 at 03:56 AM.

Extraordinary Member

All TPBS:

Vision: volume 2
    Spider-Woman: Vol 2
    Avengers: Stand off (Can't even remember buying it?!)
    Mighty Thor: Vol 2
    Captain AMerica (Spencer)

Quote Originally Posted by SmilingPirate View Post
    My latest haul

Holy heck! Didn't even know that autographed version existed. Very nice! Where did you find it?

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SmilingPirate View Post
    My latest haul

That is so awesome!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Fantastic Member

Got a few comics today Chamber of Darkness # 4 Conan first appearance , Giant size Master of Kung Fu issues 1 to 4 to complete the series . Iron man 500 c and Iron man volume 7 issues 3 d 5 d . 17264737_1662846357354391_1013596325238793181_n.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Holy heck! Didn't even know that autographed version existed. Very nice! Where did you find it?
    Yeeeeah!)it's great) I found It on ebay, seller tried over 2 years to sold this one

Ordered my first "damaged" book from IST, GL by Johns Omni vol 2, yesterday. I am cautiously optimistic.
    "When you have to shoot...shoot, don't talk" Tuco

Quote Originally Posted by Stinky View Post
    Ordered my first "damaged" book from IST, GL by Johns Omni vol 2, yesterday. I am cautiously optimistic.
    reports are positive of these damage IST books except one which was the Mister Miracle AE. It had a vertical bend, had a long crease on the front cover and the whole book has a light V shape. For 40% off. Quite a bad deal.

Amazing Member

I haven't posted since I got my Iron Man OHCs but I have a nice update since then. I ended up going ahead with the rest of Fraction's run in tpbs. I also got a modern run of Thor that's not by Jason Aaron. Plus some new vols from Image and a valiant book.

IMG_0249.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    reports are positive of these damage IST books except one which was the Mister Miracle AE. It had a vertical bend, had a long crease on the front cover and the whole book has a light V shape. For 40% off. Quite a bad deal.
    The additional discount is not much but my experience has been good so far. Last week I received a Complete Coll X-23 v.1 (54% off) which had no creases/bends, just a glue smudge in the form of a line across the front top corner. Easily remedied with some rubbing alcohol.

latest:
    I need to buy a new bookshelf very soon. Also yes, picked up Fatal attractions. Some advised against it but I couldn't resist (pretty sure I can sell it without loss if I don't like it). I just had this urge to read these X stories I've never read before but I remember when I was a kid they looked really cool (although I try to avoid stuff that involves Liefeld and similar artists). Not sure about the GotG stuff, hope the story is good because some of the art looks a big dodgy in it (there was an issue I thought it's Liefeld but turns out it's Herb Trimpe :O )
    Upgraded Superman FAS and Arkham from tpbs, it was about time and got a nice price on an ebay auction. WW was also quite cheap, like 28 quid and the X-men epic was like 12,5 so overall I'm quite pleased with what I got and for how much.

All-New Member

This week I picked up pretty much the entire Gen 13 comic collection. Volumes 1-4, all the one-shots, mini-series, prestige releases, and a few variants. Plus some other 90's image comic series like Codename: Strykeforce, Wetworks v1-2, and just need to pick up a few more issues to complete Lady Pendragon. Then it will be a project to turn all those singles into hardcover editions. I can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    latest:
    I need to buy a new bookshelf very soon. Also yes, picked up Fatal attractions. Some advised against it but I couldn't resist (pretty sure I can sell it without loss if I don't like it). I just had this urge to read these X stories I've never read before but I remember when I was a kid they looked really cool (although I try to avoid stuff that involves Liefeld and similar artists). Not sure about the GotG stuff, hope the story is good because some of the art looks a big dodgy in it (there was an issue I thought it's Liefeld but turns out it's Herb Trimpe :O )
    Upgraded Superman FAS and Arkham from tpbs, it was about time and got a nice price on an ebay auction. WW was also quite cheap, like 28 quid and the X-men epic was like 12,5 so overall I'm quite pleased with what I got and for how much.
    Youll have to let me know how that James Bond series is.