Page 195 of 360 FirstFirst ... 95145185191192193194195196197198199205245295 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,925 of 5394

Thread: Latest orders!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCairo View Post
    This week's haul. Most are from IST except Quantum and Woodys and They're Not Like Us. Those are from the amazon market place. Excited to continue on my Valiant reading. I'll be ordering some other Valiant tpbs and OHCs in the next few weeks.

Attachment 44228
    I thought the first volume of Theyre Not Like Us was brilliant, like a proper modern day X-Men type thing I'm suprised more people arn't talking about it, I really need to pick up vollume 2

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by zaboraviti View Post
    small but long awaited haul
    everybody knows Massive, no surprises here
    The Complete Cul de Sac - i have mixed feelings about this edition. the slipcase is great, very sturdy cardboard, cloth-covered sides. but the two paperbacks could be better quality - the paper stock is way inferior to that of, say, Calvin & Hobbes collection - i'm not saying i want glossy pages, but they should be much thicker than this. i'd wanted to get that strip for such a long time but something always seemed more important. and now Richard Thompson is gone...
    (i know Labyrinth the Ultimate Visual History is not a comic book but i'd been waiting three months for it to finally make it to me. and frankly thought it never would, and it was killing me because both US and UK editions are rather expensive now, while i got mine for 28 EUR incl. shipping. so i'm a very happy bunny today)

Attachment 44216 Attachment 44217
    Great haul sis I don't have any of those comics but i see the name of one of them around alot and hear good things about it and that's The Massive. I think i will grab The Massive at somepoint in the future.

This month's haul:

unnamed.jpg

Massive haul for my standards, I pretty much doubled my year-old collection in one month. I'm making the transition from singles to trades and Black Widow is the first example of that where I've sold my singles for the volume. I picked up Daredevil by Waid Vol. 1 and then a week later, I found volumes 3 & 4 on sale for half price and I jumped on it, so that's why there's no volume 2. Originally, I was going to just grab New Avengers Volume 1 in paperback because the second half of it is included in Infinity, but I realised it'd be odd to have everything in the run but that volume in hardcover, so I picked up the OHC. Everything else is fairly standard.

Resident of Central City RedWhiteAndBlueSupes's Avatar

Just ordered the Silver Age Flash Omnibus vol 2, if DC keeps up their omnibus run I'll probably get sucked into getting all the silver/bronze age ones lol

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    Attachment 44032

Recent arrivals, Creepax Volume is an absolutly gorgeous book
    Does your copy of the Crepax book have a rough texture on the top half of the cover? I just received my copy and I'm not 100% sure if it's a defect or by design. The first volume didn't use this texture so it's a bit of a mismatch.
    Last edited by aaltomuoto; 01-27-2017 at 09:36 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by aaltomuoto View Post
    Does your copy of the Crepax book have a rough texture on the top half of the cover? I just received my copy and I'm not 100% sure if it's a defect or by design. The first volume didn't use this texture so it's a bit of a mismatch.
    Yeah it does, the first volume has a texture on the top half as well its just different to volume two and mutch, mutch less pronounced.

My copy of the first volume does't have a texture on the top half, just a slick matte finish. The bottom half does have a texture tough. Strange that they went with this golfball like texture for the second volume.

BANNED

First Haul of 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Batarang View Post
    First Haul of 2017

that's a very healthy amount of comics! Are those infinity figures going on sale now? I'm not a gamer so I have no idea about what's going on with it but I always thought the designs looked cool.
    Also, dunno if you've read Infinite crisis and some other multiverse spanning tie in but the middle chunk of the TT omni is just basically a tie in to those, doesn't really work on its own. They included the last issue of IC if I remember correctly but the Donna Troy stuff is heavily hinted at and then nothing happens with it in this book.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    that's a very healthy amount of comics! Are those infinity figures going on sale now? I'm not a gamer so I have no idea about what's going on with it but I always thought the designs looked cool.
    Also, dunno if you've read Infinite crisis and some other multiverse spanning tie in but the middle chunk of the TT omni is just basically a tie in to those, doesn't really work on its own. They included the last issue of IC if I remember correctly but the Donna Troy stuff is heavily hinted at and then nothing happens with it in this book.
    The Infinity figures are around for sometime now. (more than 1 year may be... not sure) First the 2.0 series came and now the 3.0 series are around. I bought them for the cool designs too never played the game, i'm just a figure collector.
    I read Infinite Crisis, the ran thanagar war, omac project, villains united as single issues back in the day while i was getting single issues. I don't know where are they now though. I actually want the Infinite Crisis Omnibus too but its price is just crazy... I hope DC will reprint it someday. I read first two trades of Geoff Johns's Teen Titans too but i don't remember anything about Donna Troy though, i wasn't very fimiliar with the character back then while i was reading the Infinite Crisis and Teen Titans and it has been so long since i read them ( i need a reread). I read some of The New Teen Titans' first omni so i kind of know Donna Troy now.
    Last edited by Batarang; 01-30-2017 at 04:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Batarang View Post
    The Infinity figures are around for sometime now. (more than 1 year may be... not sure) First the 2.0 series came and now the 3.0 series are around. I bought them for the cool designs too never played the game, i'm just a figure collector.
    I read Infinite Crisis, the ran thanagar war, omac project, villains united as single issues back in the day while i was getting single issues. I don't know where are they now though. I actually want the Infinite Crisis Omnibus too but its price is just crazy... I hope DC will reprint it someday. I read first two trades of Geoff Johns's Teen Titans too but i don't remember anything about Donna Troy though, i wasn't very fimiliar with the character back then while i was reading the Infinite Crisis and Teen Titans and it has been so long since i read them ( i need a reread). I read some of The New Teen Titans' first omni so i kind of know Donna Troy now.
    wht I meant about the Infinity figures is that I remember hearing the game is no longer being developed further so the figures are getting discounted maybe. Regardless, I agree, they are cool.

With Donna Troy it's not really knwing her past, the problem was in the omni that Johns hints at her return and it seems like that will be the next big thing, then she goes on some journey through the multiverse or something without appearing in the TT story. The omni became very disjointed at that point.

and here is my latest. Yes I went crazy for Valiant but it's really great so far and I'm even considering getting paperbacks for some of the series that are either oop or just seemingly not happening in deluxe (mainly the first 3 Archer and Armstrong trades and Imperium because I need the continuation of the Harbinger saga and after 4 paperbacks, there is still no dlx announcement while Faith is already getting a thin deluxe when the 2nd trade isn't even out).

That's also impressive. How's that Joe Hill graphic novel collection? Can you share some pictures?
    Last edited by JPAR; 01-30-2017 at 07:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    and here is my latest. Yes I went crazy for Valiant but it's really great so far and I'm even considering getting paperbacks for some of the series that are either oop or just seemingly not happening in deluxe (mainly the first 3 Archer and Armstrong trades and Imperium because I need the continuation of the Harbinger saga and after 4 paperbacks, there is still no dlx announcement while Faith is already getting a thin deluxe when the 2nd trade isn't even out).
    I don't know if you've read that Dark Horse Conan material before, but i thought it was great. They do an amazing job of reworking Howard's tales and making them fit into a more cohesive story. And i LOVE Cary Nord's art, especially in the first volume. I liked his art here more than i did with X-O Manowar.

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    That's also impressive. How's that Joe Hill graphic novel collection? Can you share some pictures?
    mine has a nasty ding on the side of the fron cover (which I've already contacted speedyhen about) so it's not the best for photobait. But if you ever had an IDW deluxe then it's exactly the same as those. Size binding, paper, everything.
    It collects both Cape miniseries, Kodiak, Thumbrpint and The Wraith. I've read the first Cape story years ago and it was really good, no idea about Kodiak and Thumbprint. The Wraith is a follow up or spin off to NOS4A2 which I absolutely loved (just like everything else from Hill).