Page 61 of 360 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest orders!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dorktron View Post
    Continued...

Attachment 23993
    Is that a new printing of Peter Pan, or...? Different cover from that I have.

As I said earlier in this thread, I've had a good month at work with a promotion and my personal business is also doing very well, so I did the responsible thing and made some large comic orders. This is about 75% of what I've ordered and I have another order coming from IST this week that is almost all Archaia books. I tend to make large orders every quarter or so...

More pics in the next post.
    Great stuff! Let me know what you think about Throne of Ice, I've read bit lukewarm reviews.
    Also, Son of the gun in quite f#&@ed up. Not an easily digestible story with a very unlikeable protagonist. I don't say it's bad, just a warning
    District 14 is reeeaaaallllyyyy good, read the first season and ordered season 2 and The Fantastic voyage of Lady Rosenbilt right away.

Quote Originally Posted by Racci View Post
    Is that a new printing of Peter Pan, or...? Different cover from that I have.
    Must be. Shame, I prefer this new cover to the crocodile skin one that I have.
    Last edited by Balakin; 06-28-2015 at 02:47 AM.

just popped in an order for...

Infinity Gauntlet omni (which to be honest i probably won't dig that much)
    Glory the complete collection
    Snyder's Swamp Thing
    Walking Dead HC vol 12
    and have re-ordered the Hawkeye omni although speedyhen and previously cancelled it???
    Unity Book 1 HC
    Bloodshot & Harbingers HC's books 2

This month's arrivals. You could say I wen't a bit overboard with the european stuff:

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    This month's arrivals. You could say I wen't a bit overboard with the european stuff:
    Been eyeing Redhand. Is it Sword of Glass sized? How's the art?
    "1000 Books Read in 2015" Status as of 8/11/2015: 706

Reading: Chew, 52

Quote Originally Posted by awalk1227 View Post
    Been eyeing Redhand. Is it Sword of Glass sized? How's the art?
    same size yes, even a bit taller with the slipcase. Art is good, not as good as Swords of glass but I think the story is better done than SoG.

Quote Originally Posted by wolpherine View Post
    Wow! Nice haul!

Do you ever shop at Talesofwonder?
    Thanks!

Nope. almost only IST. I've been burned by sellers on Amazon and eBay, and IST has never disappointed me other than not having a lot of stuff in stock.
    Epic things: "TOPANGA" (GHA), Jaxson & Zefferson (PRO), Lucas (SHEL)

Great stuff! Let me know what you think about Throne of Ice, I've read bit lukewarm reviews.
    Also, Son of the gun in quite f#&@ed up. Not an easily digestible story with a very unlikeable protagonist. I don't say it's bad, just a warning
    District 14 is reeeaaaallllyyyy good, read the first season and ordered season 2 and The Fantastic voyage of Lady Rosenbilt right away.
    Will do in regards to Throne of Ice. It looks so cool so the mediocre reviews have me scratching my head. I have seen a few good reviews (on Humanoid's website) so we will see. I am super stoked for District 14!

Looks like we have very similar tastes in books! Great haul. I'm interested to hear your thoughts on Naja and Beauty.

Looks like we have very similar tastes in books! Great haul. I'm interested to hear your thoughts on Naja and Beauty.
    Naja is good although it has some disturbing stuff in it. Don't want to spoil anything, let's say, if you weren't outraged by the (brilliant) movie Oldboy (original, not the remake) than you probably will be alright.
    Definitely planning to buy other books from the creators (Zaya or Luminae), it was an engaging read.
    Loved Beauty. Maybe the art is not for everybody but I think it's brilliant and suits the story perfectly. It's an adult fairy tale, but not adult like Game of thrones (that's Beautiful darkness, which still haunts me) it's more like Gaiman's stuff (not the storytelling style, more like the tone).

Amazing Member

Thanks!

Nope. almost only IST. I've been burned by sellers on Amazon and eBay, and IST has never disappointed me other than not having a lot of stuff in stock.
    Talesofwonder.com is owned by the same people that own IST and DCBS. When you order books from Talesofwonder, they are actually shipped from IST. The reason I ask is that Talesofwonder has a buyer rewards program where you get a $5 coupon for every $50 you spend in a 30-day period. It's nice because you can save them up and, if money is tight one month, use them to supplement your cash.

Quote Originally Posted by wolpherine View Post
    Talesofwonder.com is owned by the same people that own IST and DCBS. When you order books from Talesofwonder, they are actually shipped from IST. The reason I ask is that Talesofwonder has a buyer rewards program where you get a $5 coupon for every $50 you spend in a 30-day period. It's nice because you can save them up and, if money is tight one month, use them to supplement your cash.
    Wow, thanks for letting me know. I'll check it out.

All-New Member

So just got these

Civil War: FF OHC
    B.P.R.D vol. 3 HC
    Spider-man Bigtime Ultimate Collection
    Criminal Deluxe vol. 2

All for about 200 dollar incl. shipping. Really hoping they are worth it. And before you bash me for paying to much. I live in Europe and actually think this is a great deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossedk View Post
    So just got these

Civil War: FF OHC
    B.P.R.D vol. 3 HC
    Spider-man Bigtime Ultimate Collection
    Criminal Deluxe vol. 2

All for about 200 dollar incl. shipping. Really hoping they are worth it. And before you bash me for paying to much. I live in Europe and actually think this is a great deal.
    well, personally I couldn't give to sh@ts about Civil war or the FF (although I can vaguely remember reading something CW related with the Thing which wasn't horrible) but the other 3 are some awesome books.