Page 101 of 360 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 5394

Thread: Latest orders!

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Is it out of character if that's how he was for 10 years? Lol. I know what your saying though. Although I will play devil's advocate and ask is it really that far fetched for someone to take a such a hard line on something they feel strongly about, and have the repercusions of what transpires fundamentally change them? I would say no.
    It is when there is forty years of stories defining who the character is. It's not about Tony's position and sticking up for what he believes, it's about the actions that he and Reed took out of nowhere. They didn't have a chance to change or be changed by events, which is where the problem lied.

It's also what was really cool about that period of the Knaufs Iron Man run. He was in character AND dealing with the fallout of Civil War in ways that were exciting and made sense.

BANNED

Latest order of mine:

The New Frontier Deluxe Edition
    Metabarons 40th Anniversary edition HC
    Usagi Yojimbo Saga Edition -1-2 TPB

I can't wait for them to arrive i will put pics too once they arrive. I heard nothing but good things about Usagi Yojimbo... i will probably read it first when they arrive... i'm really excited to start this new series.
    Last edited by Batarang; 02-12-2016 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JakeJarmel View Post
    why'd you cancel?

I've never read civil war because i've always heard mixed reviews. With the movie coming out and that nice box-set, i'm suddenly considering reading it. not sure
    Just bored with Marvel stuff to be honest

I would like the civil war box set but they are only premiere hardcovers. I rather have the OHCs which not just for the oversized art but they alll have dustjackets and have more material per book, although the extra material may be in some of the other PHCs in the set. I know most of the OHCs are OOP but there is a civil war OHC comming out with the movie, and maybe ill get the OHCS one day for a good deal.

Just got back into comics last month, first time since I was a young kid (probably 20 years). In my late 20's, but have fallen in love with them again. Not only with comics, but beginning a collection.

My latest order was for the following.

DMZ Deluxe Edition: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
    Y The Last Man Deluze Edition: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
    Sex Criminals Volume 1, 2
    Deadly Class Volume 1, 2, 3
    Uncanncy X-force Ultimate Collection Volume 1, 2
    New X-men Ultimate Collection Volume 1, 2, 3
    Annhilation Omnibus
    Annihilation: Conquest Omnibus
    Soutern Bastards Deluxe Book One
    Lazarus Deluxe Book ONe
    The Manhatten Projects Volume 1,2 3, 4, 5
    Nightly News Anniversary Edition
    East of West Volume 1, 2, 3, 4

I am debating about picking up Transmetropolitan Vol 1 through 10 as well. Also looking at Animalman Omnibus and or Doom Patrol...just not sure which to go for first.

Fantastic Member

Transmetropolitan is an amazing read and would fit well with what you've got there. I like your list! Animal Man and Doom Patrol by Morrison are good, but personally I prefer Transmetropolitan.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCanuck View Post
    Just got back into comics last month, first time since I was a young kid (probably 20 years). In my late 20's, but have fallen in love with them again. Not only with comics, but beginning a collection.

Annhilation Omnibus
    Lazarus Deluxe Book ONe

I am debating about picking up Transmetropolitan Vol 1 through 10 as well. Also looking at Animalman Omnibus and or Doom Patrol...just not sure which to go for first.

I'd just be hesitant to buy a full run of something unless you're sure you'll like it, or else you'll be stuck with a bunch of books you have no interest in reading

Mighty Member

Annhilation Omnibus
    Lazarus Deluxe Book ONe

Welcome back! Wonderful reading list you got there. I've always been on the fence about transmet and animal man, but got doom patrol and enjoyed it, especially the end. I'd personally recommend something like scalped first, based of what your initial purchases were like. Just curious, what was you're thought process about what format to buy? I see you went hc for lazarus and southern bastards, but trade for east of west, Manhattan Projects and sex criminals when those hc's are readily available.

Annhilation Omnibus
    Lazarus Deluxe Book ONe

well, lots of good stuff and quite the variety. Transemtropolitan is awesome and I would rate it above Animal Man or DP because of the art. I love both but TM's art is much better especially compared to Animal Man.
    I would also highly recommend Sleeper, Planetary, Fear Agent, Scalped, Bendis' Daredevil and Alias.

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone, Will add them to the list.

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Welcome back! Wonderful reading list you got there. I've always been on the fence about transmet and animal man, but got doom patrol and enjoyed it, especially the end. I'd personally recommend something like scalped first, based of what your initial purchases were like. Just curious, what was you're thought process about what format to buy? I see you went hc for lazarus and southern bastards, but trade for east of west, Manhattan Projects and sex criminals when those hc's are readily available.
    I picked up Saga a couple months ago, and it is what really hooked me. Shortly after I grabbed Manhattan Projects and East of West Volume 1 (so in reality, I picked up 2 and on in my recent pick up, but listed them the first volumes also). I wasn't sure I would like other comics, or if it was just Saga. I fell in love with all three of them almost immediately.

So, I just picked up the rest in TPB. Just for some consistency.

I will pick up East of West in hardcover eventually, as it is amazing. What bothered me about the hard cover of The Manhattan projects is they both cover issues 1-20, but the first arc runs #1-25. In TPB the first arc is the first five volumes. Then it becomes THE MANHATTAN PROJECTS: THE SUN BEYOND THE STARS and starts at issue #1 again. I am not quite sure if I want to continue past this arc, and would have been five issues short if I bought the hardcovers.

I also live in Canada, and hardcovers, deluxe editions, omnibus and absolute formats come at a premium. Sometimes they are resonably price, but more often then not it is a wallet killer. For example The Infinity Gauntlet omnibus is $124 plus taxes, and the cost of buying it at a local store is no different.

I try to pick up what I have the money for, and if I get a TPB I enjoy I would double dip in the long run. I might get East of West custom bound as well, not sure yet.
    Last edited by CrazyCanuck; 02-12-2016 at 09:13 AM.

Just ordered

The Invisibles Deluxe Edition - 1, 2, 3, 4
    Punk Rock Jesus Deluxe Edition
    Fear Agent Library Edition - 1, 2

Tapped out until the end of next month now.

Just ordered

The Invisibles Deluxe Edition - 1, 2, 3, 4
    Punk Rock Jesus Deluxe Edition
    Fear Agent Library Edition - 1, 2

Tapped out until the end of next month now.
    PRJ and Far agent are super awesome! I love the Invisibles but I admit it's not for everybody. I'm quite curious if you will like it.
    If you like to listen to podcasts I would recommend checking out the Morrison episodes on Kevin Smith's Fatman on Batman before reading Invisibles, he talks about a lot of stuff, how he sees the world and such, it really helped me getting into his mindset.
    Or checking out his documentary, it's up on youtube. (I always recommend these when people start to read Morrison, before I listened to the podcasts I was basically a Morrison hater).

Punk Rock Jesus is a great book, fantastic art work too as is Transmet and if you do go for that I'd recomend the Absolute Edition. As for Fear Agent I wasn't a fan but it has a lot of love.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    PRJ and Far agent are super awesome! I love the Invisibles but I admit it's not for everybody. I'm quite curious if you will like it.
    If you like to listen to podcasts I would recommend checking out the Morrison episodes on Kevin Smith's Fatman on Batman before reading Invisibles, he talks about a lot of stuff, how he sees the world and such, it really helped me getting into his mindset.
    Or checking out his documentary, it's up on youtube. (I always recommend these when people start to read Morrison, before I listened to the podcasts I was basically a Morrison hater).
    Would you post videos for those in my thread? That would be helpful for some folks here.

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Would you post videos for those in my thread? That would be helpful for some folks here.
    yes! I was even thinking about it but then my food was ready and totally forgot it