Page 106 of 360 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 5394

Thread: Latest orders!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    Get yourself a Marvel Unlimited subscription and you can read it all there and then if you think it's worth it you can get the omnibus editions.
    Yeah I'm off and on unlimited whenever the mood strikes me. I will get to it eventually. But from a collectors standpoint I'd really like to own these but I don't don't like the $35-$40 price tag on trades. And while I'm glad we've seen more omni reprints lately Marvel seems uninterested in reproducing many of the sout after modern classics that many of us have been clamoring for.

Latest..........

so now, up to date (but still yet to read) HB, but, after flicking through The Incal (and this may verge on the sacrilegious) i think it looks awful (the art that is) i have seen Moebius's artwork before and I'm sure it was better than this, i'm pretty positive this will end up on eBay.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Latest..........

so now, up to date (but still yet to read) HB, but, after flicking through The Incal (and this may verge on the sacrilegious) i think it looks awful (the art that is) i have seen Moebius's artwork before and I'm sure it was better than this, i'm pretty positive this will end up on eBay.
    should have tried Metabarons instead. Same universe but soooo different.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    after flicking through The Incal (and this may verge on the sacrilegious) i think it looks awful (the art that is) i have seen Moebius's artwork before and I'm sure it was better than this, i'm pretty positive this will end up on eBay.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by JakeJarmel View Post
    just came in
    So beautiful this DD set. Vol 4 got any extra content (sketches and stuff)?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by thiago.cido View Post
    haven't opened any yet. i'll report back when i get home from work

Latest. This month's theme so far (I usually have some passing obsession every month) was the "stop experimenting and get the stuff you know you want to have and will like".
    Started buying Chew and Hellblazer a year ago but stopped in favour of trying out new things (had the first Gundam book for 2,5 years but not the rest) but for now I've experimented enough so I try to focus on books I know I have to have.
    Next up, more Hellblazer, probably more Prince Valiant, 3rd Corto Maltese maybe (also have 3 missing Gundam books on their way)

edit: adding my 2cents to the Black science debate: wish it would be the 1st print but it is not really horrible especially considering that it collects 3 trades in library size for like 21 pounds (and I had a 15% off voucher as well).
    Also, more people buy this the quicker it will get reprinted so take it as a sacrifice on my part. Your welcome

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Latest. This month's theme so far (I usually have some passing obsession every month) was the "stop experimenting and get the stuff you know you want to have and will like".
    Started buying Chew and Hellblazer a year ago but stopped in favour of trying out new things (had the first Gundam book for 2,5 years but not the rest) but for now I've experimented enough so I try to focus on books I know I have to have.
    Next up, more Hellblazer, probably more Prince Valiant, 3rd Corto Maltese maybe (also have 3 missing Gundam books on their way)

edit: adding my 2cents to the Black science debate: wish it would be the 1st print but it is not really horrible especially considering that it collects 3 trades in library size for like 21 pounds (and I had a 15% off voucher as well).
    Also, more people buy this the quicker it will get reprinted so take it as a sacrifice on my part. Your welcome

very nice. been seeing a lot of hellblazer around here lately lol. never read it myself.

also been seeing a lot of the goon. how is this run? considered reading it years ago, but never got around to it.

very nice. been seeing a lot of hellblazer around here lately lol. never read it myself.

also been seeing a lot of the goon. how is this run? considered reading it years ago, but never got around to it.
    Hellblazer is really good, at least the Ennis run I've read. Also loved him in Gaiman's Books of magic. Wish he would write more HB.

The Goon is a masterfully crafted funny, morbid and heartbreaking book. Lots of noir and classic horror influences in the art and setting.
    It starts out as fun and very violent romp but starts developing it's dramatic sides early on and those just get stronger as the story progresses but the fun and violence never stops either.
    I would highly recommend it.

Amazing Member

Hellblazer is really good, at least the Ennis run I've read. Also loved him in Gaiman's Books of magic. Wish he would write more HB.

The Goon is a masterfully crafted funny, morbid and heartbreaking book. Lots of noir and classic horror influences in the art and setting.
    It starts out as fun and very violent romp but starts developing it's dramatic sides early on and those just get stronger as the story progresses but the fun and violence never stops either.
    I would highly recommend it.
    just ordered the goon library edition hc 1 from barnes and noble. i wonder if it'll actually be in stock, seeing as how it seems to be gone everywhere else.

just ordered the goon library edition hc 1 from barnes and noble. i wonder if it'll actually be in stock, seeing as how it seems to be gone everywhere else.
    if not, there is a reprint coming in May I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogtown View Post
    Best reply ever since 'I don't even...'.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by thiago.cido View Post

Nada, bro. Just cover variants.

Ordered UXM omni vol 3 on release day and today order Ultimate spiderman omnibus

Great haul balakin, lot of stuff I want to purchase.

Also I have very similar thoughts about collecting: get only books I need, not want, collect important runs etc.

Think I'm gonna jump on Gundam train next month, would you post few pictures how art looks like.