Page 111 of 360 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161211 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 5394

Thread: Latest orders!

Quote Originally Posted by Liven View Post
    I don't understand the hate for CGN shipping charges. Are people just buying 1 book at a time? I put in an order once a month, based around when saving the most on a new omnibus or 2 and then pad it with stuff that's already been released but I didn't feel the need to get right away. Example, next week will order Batman Omnibus, World's Finest Omnibus, Darksied War 1 HC and maybe 1 or 2 Epics. I pay $7.99 for shipping and receive boxes where the actual shipping charges are anywhere from $15 to $25. Where exactly is the gouging?
    My hate for CGN extends way beyond shipping charges. With IST, there is no reason to ever use such a terrible company.

// end old man rant.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    so my orders from the last couple days are as follows

Buffy LE Vol 1 (arrived)
    Nextwave agents of hate
    Absolute Ronin
    Aliens 30th Anniversary
    Usagi Yojimbo special edition
    Civil War Box set
    Elektra omni
    Locke & Key special edition vol 2
    The Wicked + The Divine
    Shadowman vol 2
    Daredevil & Daredevil companion omni's
    Nemo trilogy
    Providence act 1

DD companion? Thought reprint wasn't out yet

Quote Originally Posted by JakeJarmel View Post
    DD companion? Thought reprint wasn't out yet
    He didn't say he had it yet.

so my orders from the last couple days are as follows

Buffy LE Vol 1 (arrived)
    Nextwave agents of hate
    Absolute Ronin
    Aliens 30th Anniversary
    Usagi Yojimbo special edition
    Civil War Box set
    Elektra omni
    Locke & Key special edition vol 2
    The Wicked + The Divine
    Shadowman vol 2
    Daredevil & Daredevil companion omni's
    Nemo trilogy
    Providence act 1
    that is a pretty descent list Mister, but my opinion is biased here

quick delivery from Speedyhen......

my waiting to move house shelving.....

nice!
    btw, I noticed if you place a big order they usually deliver it within a day or two via courier, nicely packed.
    Not every time but mostly.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    nice!
    btw, I noticed if you place a big order they usually deliver it within a day or two via courier, nicely packed.
    Not every time but mostly.
    Yeah, this was pretty good, as they were all already out, they came in a big box with loads of packaging, so probably is best to wait till a few books have been released and then order rather than preorder and get them one at a time in crappy wrap around cardboard, but then you risk them selling out, decisions decisions

Yeah, this was pretty good, as they were all already out, they came in a big box with loads of packaging, so probably is best to wait till a few books have been released and then order rather than preorder and get them one at a time in crappy wrap around cardboard, but then you risk them selling out, decisions decisions
    I try to group as much as I can but with thing that could well out fast I just order them separately (or preorder it with other stuff and it might get grouped if the release date is close and they got stock).

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Cool! Love your setup!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Next wave: A good get? I've been looking to get some Warren Ellis in my life and a coin flip has me set om the marvel stuff first.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Next wave: A good get? I've been looking to get some Warren Ellis in my life and a coin flip has me set om the marvel stuff first.
    Ellis is probably my favourite CB writer but this will be my first read of any of his marvel stuff (I think)

Have to mention what outstanding value the Buffy LE is, £13 for a book of that size and quality (even the story is ok) when turning the pages I had check I wasn't turning 3 at a time as they were so thick, DH really do put every other company to shame
    Last edited by Hellboydce; 03-06-2016 at 02:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Planetary and Authority is in my all time top 10, Planetary probably top 5, and loved most of Ellis' MArvel stuff I've read, his Secret Avengers was just fun, Moon knight same but Nextwave is one of my favourite MArvel books ever.
    I don't even like these kinda books, hate Deadpool for example but any time I read Nextwave I'm in tears from laughter by the second page.
    Don't want t oversell it but I think it's really funny. Early Immonen art is maybe not for everybody but it fits the book perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Planetary and Authority is in my all time top 10, Planetary probably top 5, and loved most of Ellis' MArvel stuff I've read, his Secret Avengers was just fun, Moon knight same but Nextwave is one of my favourite MArvel books ever.
    I don't even like these kinda books, hate Deadpool for example but any time I read Nextwave I'm in tears from laughter by the second page.
    Don't want t oversell it but I think it's really funny. Early Immonen art is maybe not for everybody but it fits the book perfectly.
    Global Frequency is also a great book and worth hunting down.

Amazing Member

Ellis is probably my favourite CB writer but this will be my first read of any of his marvel stuff (I think)

Have to mention what outstanding value the Buffy LE is, £13 for a book of that size and quality (even the story is ok) when turning the pages I had check I wasn't turning 3 at a time as they were so thick, DH really do put every other company to shame
    I agree with your last statement. I just started reading The Goon LE and it's one of the best quality books I ever had. I can't believe how thick the pages are. I check the page number ever time I turn just to make sure I'm not skipping. And the book is huge. I couldn't believe how much bigger it is than my omnis. I wasn't expecting that. Also, must mention that the content is phenomenal, as well. I can't wait to start reading it again once I put it down. That's how I know I love a comic book.

You guys got me into The Goon and so far I love it. Also placed order yesterday for Usagi Yojimbo Special Edition. Can't wait for that one to come in. I see the comics on your shelves and these two always stuck out to me, so I picked them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    Global Frequency is also a great book and worth hunting down.
    you don't really have to hunt it down, last time I checked the complete tpb was readily available.
    Good stuff but it feels like a bit of a Planetary light. Still, I would recommend it to anyone.