Page 115 of 360 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125165215 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 5394

Thread: Latest orders!

What i've received these last 6 weeks or so.

20160314_181202-1.jpg

Incredible Member

Recent arrivals, I've not been able to put these new transformers books down since they arrived they are brilliant, funny, engaging and Heartfelt in equal measure, who knew robot trucks could be so great.

Finally put my order in for the Stern Spider-Man omni.

The Michelinie/Layton Iron Man and UXM vol 2 are looking to be my next big buys.

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post

Recent arrivals, I've not been able to put these new transformers books down since they arrived they are brilliant, funny, engaging and Heartfelt in equal measure, who knew robot trucks could be so great.
    not that I need a new series to start but sell me on the Transformers books please. The movies really soured me on the franchise but I have a soft spot for giant robots. I have vague memories about reading the Marvel series and liking it.

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    Finally put my order in for the Stern Spider-Man omni.

The Michelinie/Layton Iron Man and UXM vol 2 are looking to be my next big buys.
    Both of those are awesome bronze age books, GET THEM!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    not that I need a new series to start but sell me on the Transformers books please. The movies really soured me on the franchise but I have a soft spot for giant robots. I have vague memories about reading the Marvel series and liking it.
    The IDW stuff is nothing like the movies and far removed from the Marvel series (from what I've read of the Marvel series).

I read the first couple volumes of Phase 1 but it never really grabbed me (and volume three is OoP and stupidly expensive), so I dived in with Phase two and I don't feel lost at all.

IDWs Phase two kicks off at the end of the war. Thats right the 4 million year old war between the autobots and the decepticons is over, done, finished. Megatrons gone AWOL and Optimus has decided to go on holiday now that the wars over. From there the book splits into two interweaving stories.

1) Robots In Disguise (RID) In the aftermath of the civil war, hundreds of non-combatants, conciencious objectors and robots who just didn't want to die for a cause they didn't belive in have begun returning from all across the galaxy to Cybertron, and they are not happy about what the autobots and the decipticons have done to their planet, this book deals with the fallout from 4 millions years of civil war, the distrust and prejudice that goes alongside having to build a new life besides those you hate and the political machinations necessary to try and create a lasting peace.

2) More Than Meets The Eye (MTMTE), this follows a small group of (mainly) autobots who, disalusioned with the outcome of the war (despite winning it) have decided to go on a cross galaxy search for the remnants of a cybtronion king arthur style legend and restore some of glory of the cybertronian race, this book bounces between hilarious robot buddy comedy and some suprisingly dark horror beats and none of it feels out of place.

MTMTE feels like the stronger of the two books right now, the crew of the Lost Light are just an absolute pleasure to be around. Although RID's cybertronian politics genuinly makes me forget i'm reading about giant robots who turn into trucks half the time. The fact that the "good guys" who I grew up cheering for have won the war but now I'm sat here sympathizing with decepticons and wanting to punch prowl in the face is a wonderful thing indeed.

Yeah, like that.

thanks for the detailed answer, I think this is something I have to check out for myself.
    damn....again....

Amazing Member

Some omnis I added to my collection. The DD was because I missed the last printing. Sucks about the price hike on it. The X-Statix was because I heard good things about this run. Plus it was on clearance and wanted to nab it before it goes OOP.

20160312_181307.jpg
    Last edited by JohnnyCairo; 03-14-2016 at 05:38 PM.

Spectacular Member

thanks for the detailed answer, I think this is something I have to check out for myself.
    damn....again....
    drd's post is spot on, Tansformers Phase 2 books are awesome! Highly recommended.

I think it was you Balakin who posted pictures of Mobile Suit Gundam HCs last week? How/what are the stories? Would you recommend them, knowing that I love Transformers and Atomic Robo comics?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noob_Nathan View Post

20160314_181202-1.jpg
    Saga, East of West, The Invisibles, and Pride of Baghdad are all excellent. Have heard great things about Black Hole. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by QComix View Post
    drd's post is spot on, Tansformers Phase 2 books are awesome! Highly recommended.

I think it was you Balakin who posted pictures of Mobile Suit Gundam HCs last week? How/what are the stories? Would you recommend them, knowing that I love Transformers and Atomic Robo comics?
    yeah I would. My only problem with those books is the storytelling, which is very decompressed but that's just mangas for you. But it is very cinematic but sometimes I wish the dialogue parts would be a bit more condensed. Also mostly they are in greyscale, there are some coloured pages but the majority is in greys. I don't mind but some people only read colour books so I thought I would mention it.
    It is about humanity going out into space, making colonies then some of those wants to go independent and start a civil war which they mostly fight with mechs. The titular mobile suit Gundam is a new model piloted accidentally by a young kid (around 15-16).
    But I've only read the first 2 books, but enjoyed them a lot. They are also really good quality, well built hardcovers.

Quote Originally Posted by missingmarch View Post
    Saga, East of West, The Invisibles, and Pride of Baghdad are all excellent. Have heard great things about Black Hole. Enjoy!
    Hellboy, Goon, Invisibles! All time modern classics for me. But!!! RAT QUEENS! Love that series! Great haul!

Spectacular Member

yeah I would. My only problem with those books is the storytelling, which is very decompressed but that's just mangas for you. But it is very cinematic but sometimes I wish the dialogue parts would be a bit more condensed. Also mostly they are in greyscale, there are some coloured pages but the majority is in greys. I don't mind but some people only read colour books so I thought I would mention it.
    It is about humanity going out into space, making colonies then some of those wants to go independent and start a civil war which they mostly fight with mechs. The titular mobile suit Gundam is a new model piloted accidentally by a young kid (around 15-16).
    But I've only read the first 2 books, but enjoyed them a lot. They are also really good quality, well built hardcovers.
    Thanks for the detailed response Balakin! I'll add them to my wishlist

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noob_Nathan View Post

20160314_181202-1.jpg
    Huh. I just noticed my EoW hc has a different color on the spine for "YR". My first printing is red. I wonder is yours a different printing? It also seems the cover may be different, from what little I can see.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Huh. I just noticed my EoW hc has a different color on the spine for "YR". My first printing is red. I wonder is yours a different printing? It also seems the cover may be different, from what little I can see.
    Looks like the DCBS/IST variant cover.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?