Page 12 of 360 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest orders!

BANNED

Barbarella collector's edition!

Fantastic Member

Won a couple of ebay auctions last night. Silver Surfer Omnibus for $140 and Spiderman Vol 2 for $127. Had $36 in ebay bucks, so in the end got the 2 out of print titles for about $115 each, plus $8 shipping (combined shipping - same seller).

There's definitely been a run on posting some of these out of print titles. Must be people trying to pay off holiday debt. At any given time you'd see 2 or 3 Silver Surfers on ebay for at least $150. At the time I'm writing this there's 6 of them, one of them being an auction with 4 hours left, currently at $100. The same was the case for Spiderman Vol 2. Timing is everything, and I've been doing 3x/week searches on the OOP titles I'm missing for the past 2 months, adding each title to my watch list, no matter the price, to get an idea of value.

If you're looking for OOP titles on ebay, now is a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by Liven View Post
    Timing is everything, and I've been doing 3x/week searches on the OOP titles I'm missing for the past 2 months, adding each title to my watch list, no matter the price, to get an idea of value.
    In case you don't know, you can view completed listings and recently sold listings by clicking check boxes on the left hand side of the page. That way you can see what people are actually paying, as opposed to the outrageous prices that scalpers and spectators ask.

Pre-ordered the Dial H hardcover and the Wolfman Deathstroke tpb. Never read either but I am really looking forward to them.
    Co-host of Get Valiant, a Valiant Comics podcast.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua View Post
    Pre-ordered the Dial H hardcover and the Wolfman Deathstroke tpb. Never read either but I am really looking forward to them.
    I love both! Well I've only read the first 5 issues of Deathstroke (only issues available digital) and a few Dial H issues but I loved all of that.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Just ordered Superman Unchained HC and TMNT Ultimate Collection vol. 5 HC. Should have both by the end of the week.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by canadianaidan64 View Post
    In case you don't know, you can view completed listings and recently sold listings by clicking check boxes on the left hand side of the page. That way you can see what people are actually paying, as opposed to the outrageous prices that scalpers and spectators ask.
    Yeah, I know. Huge discrepancy between some asking prices and what things actually sell for.

Just ordered the Sixth Gun Deluxe off of Amazon Marketplace. And also waiting on IST to ship me Dragon Age World of Thedas volume 1.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Won a couple of ebay auctions last night. Silver Surfer Omnibus for $140 and Spiderman Vol 2 for $127. Had $36 in ebay bucks, so in the end got the 2 out of print titles for about $115 each, plus $8 shipping (combined shipping - same seller).

There's definitely been a run on posting some of these out of print titles. Must be people trying to pay off holiday debt. At any given time you'd see 2 or 3 Silver Surfers on ebay for at least $150. At the time I'm writing this there's 6 of them, one of them being an auction with 4 hours left, currently at $100. The same was the case for Spiderman Vol 2. Timing is everything, and I've been doing 3x/week searches on the OOP titles I'm missing for the past 2 months, adding each title to my watch list, no matter the price, to get an idea of value.

If you're looking for OOP titles on ebay, now is a good time.
    That is funny, I reading your post and i thought i lost the Silver Surfer auction to you, but sounds it was a different one of the 6... Congrats on the wins.

Just received my latest win on ebay, OOP Locke & Key Welcome to Lovecraft deluxe oversize edition, still shrink wrapped at publisher price. Surely this beauty from IDW will be the next article on my blog.
    I am happy

Fantastic Member

A couple more ebay omnibus wins, in addition to Silver Surfer and Spiderman 2 a few days ago.

Captain America (Lee) for $125 + $8.
    Iron Man Vol 2 for $93 + $10.

Still hating myself for not putting in a higher bid for Eternals (went for $102, and from the same seller as the Cap I won), but with these 4, I can't complain too much.

A couple more ebay omnibus wins, in addition to Silver Surfer and Spiderman 2 a few days ago.

Captain America (Lee) for $125 + $8.
    Iron Man Vol 2 for $93 + $10.

Still hating myself for not putting in a higher bid for Eternals (went for $102, and from the same seller as the Cap I won), but with these 4, I can't complain too much.
    I am jealous. I want that Silver Surfer omnibus. But I refuse to pay $200 + for it.
    It should have never gone out of print.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    I am jealous. I want that Silver Surfer omnibus. But I refuse to pay $200 + for it.
    Just keep an eye on ebay for auctions over But It Now. That's where you can make out. Plenty have sold for around 130 to 150, shipping included.

My problem now that I have IM 2 is to get IM 1.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    Yeah, I too suggest Ebay. Be clever how you do it, I honestly don't know much about "Sniping", and whether its legal but if it is, try that. I always use "Buy Now" because I hate bidding.

007 girl.

Sniping comes with the territory, I do it almost all the time with a 90% rate of return.

It simply means waiting to bid in the last few seconds of the auction. Timing it to the last second on Ebay is an art and takes some practice. If Ebay's server, or yours has a hiccup, you can lose out.

Also, never under-estimate the power of one cent.

I beat a person by 0.01 in the last second quite a number of times

I only use Buy-it-Now if the BIN price is a good one.
    Kings 21:23
    And of Jezebel also spake the LORD, saying, The dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.