Page 125 of 360 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135175225 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 5394

Thread: Latest orders!

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    Completely agree. Everything Valiant has me excited. Even the weaker stuff is a good read. I've thought about going back to monthly reading just for Valiant.
    Valiant got me back to single issues a little over a year ago. Ninjak and Bloodshot are instant reads every month when I get them. I've also thoroughly enjoyed every event so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    The Black Science deluxe has a bad binding because Image called the first printing back because of a minor printing error. The first printing had a great binding but they rushed the 2nd printing to avoid further delays with the release hence the tightness of the book.
    Black Science wasn't a sign of things to come from Image.
    It's still a glued binding. Technically nicknamed "glewn" (sewn signatures with a glued squared spine) but I have yet to see a Deluxe edition from Image that doesn't suffer from gutter loss due to the glued spine. The regular sized Image deluxes (Fatale, Five Ghosts) and Bad Science (larger than oversized) all suffer this issue. If I'm proven wrong with pics, I'd be pleasantly surprised and will stand corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    The most coherent of universes, it's still early days so you could catch up fairly easily, Imo far better than anything that DC or Marvel are putting out
    I have picked up almost all the first trades released by Valiant as they are very well priced and using them as a guide I've dived further into the universe. Bloodshot, Shadowman (till the last couple of trades), Harbinger have been excellent while XO-Manowar is a good read too. I do need to catch up with the rest of the universe though but have only heard good things.

Latest.....

That's a lot of shrink wrap my friend :P
    Last edited by PLEDGE; 04-15-2016 at 10:33 AM.

Just arrived today.

A little disappointed, although not surprised, that Batman Europe is standard trim.

20160415_141808.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by mike1981 View Post
    Just arrived today.

A little disappointed, although not surprised, that Batman Europe is standard trim.

20160415_141808.jpg
    Awesome man. Would you giving and picture of the front and back of GL3 or if someone allready has would you point me to the right direction! thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    Awesome man. Would you giving and picture of the front and back of GL3 or if someone allready has would you point me to the right direction! thanks
    Opps found them allready, sorry mike.

Quote Originally Posted by PLEDGE View Post
    That's a lot of shrink wrap my friend :P
    Tell me about it, as quick as I read one, two more takes it's place. Hail hydra

Tell me about it, as quick as I read one, two more takes it's place. Hail hydra
    Love this response! Hail Hydra!!!

I hate ordering from forbiddenplanet.co.uk.

I just ordered Lone Wolf And Cub omnibus vol. 12 from them as it was listed as In Stock. It's out at the end of this month on speedyhen, wordery and amazon but I guess forbidden planet count as direct market so I ordered it to get it sooner. I've had an email confirming my order and I went back to check something and it's now listed as stock on the way soon. Has it changed because I got the last one or because now that someone has ordered it and they haven't got them they are covering themselves to fob me off?

It wouldn't be the first time I've suffered at the hands of their website. The only thing I ever got from them was the Stray Bullets Uber Alles edition after it conveniently dispatched right after the reply I got when I emailed them moaning that I'd been waiting for ages for it to be dispatched. Every other order has ended up cancelled.

I wish the GL Johns omnis had varied up the spine artwork a bit. Keep the typography and general layout the same...but some different graphics would have been nice...especially with all the ideas he introduced in his run. Could have done something cool with the colour spectrum.

I've only got volume 2 as I wanted it for the Blackest Night parts, so I probably won't buy 1 & 3.... I do think volume 2 though is great value for money and while I'd totally recommend it, I do have two small gripes about it.
    Why is there no index at the front of the book telling you what issue starts on what page and, I wish they'd printed the covers of each comic exactly as they were originally with the issue number etc... Are volumes 1 & 3 done the same way?

Volume 1 is brilliant in itself and it really all builds towards Blackest Night, you're missing out!

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    Volume 1 is brilliant in itself and it really all builds towards Blackest Night, you're missing out!
    I might take your advice then... It'll have to wait till next months pay though as I've too much on this month.
    It's about £50 from a few sellers on Amazon which I think is reasonable, some very high prices on eBay though !

Quote Originally Posted by NeathBlue View Post
    I might take your advice then... It'll have to wait till next months pay though as I've too much on this month.
    It's about £50 from a few sellers on Amazon which I think is reasonable, some very high prices on eBay though !
    if you are not opposed to buy from speedyhen I'm pretty sure they are 50 quid each and you can have 5 pounds off if you spend 50 with the code Loyal50 until 30th of April.