Page 13 of 360 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest orders!

Extraordinary Member

Woah! I heard it was lethally tough xD

yeah, you don't want to bid on an item early because that gives people time to out bid you, and because items with lots of bids get more attention/are noticed easier (they might appear higher on the page under "best matches", I'm not sure). You want the item to slip by unnoticed until the last second, and then you pounce on it.

sniping is not illegal, maybe you're thinking of bidding on your own auction with a dummy account, which afaik is illegal.

Extraordinary Member

Ah right. I restrain from them for that purpose, sometimes you can end up paying a price which isn't even accurate, its clever...

Quote Originally Posted by ultimate jezebel View Post
    Also, never underestimate the power of one cent.

I beat a person by 0.01 in the last second quite a number of times
    Yeah, for some reason people almost always bid in $0.99 or five dollar increments. Sometimes I bid in 4.98 increments just to push the price up to see what my competitor's max bid is, then I decide if I want to out bid them. yeah, I'm a dick, I know.

The funniest is when someone bids an outrageous number on an item they're determined to get, so that they'll always have the highest bid, and then someone else does the exact same thing.
    One guy on a forum I visit ended up having to pay $202 for a $50 game because him and another guy both bid ridiculous amounts as placeholders, thinking no one else would do the same.
    Last edited by canadianaidan64; 01-09-2015 at 11:27 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by canadianaidan64 View Post
    Yeah, for some reason people almost always bid in $0.99 or five dollar increments. Sometimes I bid in 4.98 increments just to push the price up to see what my competitor's max bid is, then I decide if I want to out bid them. yeah, I'm a dick, I know.

The funniest is when someone bids an outrageous number on an item they're determined to get, so that they'll always have the highest bid, and then someone else does the exact same thing.
    One guy on a forum I visit ended up having to pay $202 for a $50 game because him and another guy both bid ridiculous amounts as placeholders, thinking no one else would do the same.
    Are you serious? I can't imagine people being that stupid.

Sniping. I had no idea there was a word for it. I do that on every auction I bid on. With cell phones and tablets, you're almost always able to access ebay when an auction is ending so why put in a bid early and give someone, who maybe has a lot more money to spend than you, a chance to raise it. Sometimes you lose (Eternals went for exactly $1 above my max bid). Sometimes you're dead on (Paid my max bid for Silver Surfer, so I won it by a hair). Sometimes you get it for less than Max (put in max bid of over $100 for IM 2 and got it for $93).

All of these were done by getting the bid ready in the last minute and hitting confirm at the 7 second mark. Just as long as you've determined what you're willing to pay and don't get caught up in winning, you're good. Losing Eternals for such a good price sucks, but life goes on.

I watch the buy it nows of the titles I don't have yet just to see what people are willing to pay.

Well, I didn't get the omni because it's out of print, and when I can find a copy, it's over $200.
    But I DID find a copy of the MMW SS #1-6, and I was happy to even find that. Because, iirc, I can find the other issues and on, but I could never find those first 6.
    I just love Stan Lee's SS. He was meant to write that character (and I'm not typically a huge fan of SL's writing).
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Put in a huge order last night to cheapgraphicnovels:

- 100 Bullets Brother Lono TPB
    - DMZ Vol. 2 TPB
    - DMZ Vol. 3 TPB
    - Cthulhu Tales Omnibus: Delirium TPB
    - Rat Queens Vol. 1 TPB
    - Sex Criminals Vol. 1 TPB
    - God Hates Astronauts TPB
    - The Wicked + The Divine Vol. 1 TPB
    - Red Sonja Omnibus Vol. 1 TPB
    - Red Sonja Vol. 1: Queen of Plagues TPB
    - Red Sonja Vol. 2: Art, Blood & Fire TPB
    - Adventures of Red Sonja Vol. 2: She-Devil With A Sword TPB

Cthulhu Tales, DMZ and 100 Bullets are for my brother. Everything else is miiiiine

Edit: Also used up an Amazon gift card I got for Christmas and ordered:

- Afterlife With Archie Vol. 1 TPB
    - Chew Vol. 1 TPB
    - Lazarus Vol. 1 TPB
    - Fables Vol. 1 TPB
    - East of West Vol. 1 TPB
    - Southern Bastards Vol. 1 TPB
    Last edited by quinnzel; 01-12-2015 at 01:30 AM.
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

Pulp Purveyor & Noir Nut FiveGhosts's Avatar

I used my Amazon gift card to get:
    * Potter's Field HC
    * Filthy Rich HC
    * Area 10 HC
    * Point of Impact

Quote Originally Posted by Liven View Post
    Are you serious? I can't imagine people being that stupid.
    Also, check out what people pay for gift cards. You would think if someone posted a $25 giftcard, to let's say Denny's, the MAX it would go for would be $25, but NO! If you check some sold listings, you'll see things like that go for like $28, $32, etc... Nothing outrageous, but still, you're like, "Wha??" And I'm not talking limited edition Hobbit gift cards or whatever, plain ole variety.

Didn't work for me, though. But still, I sold a BBuy Gcard for just about face value, so I was okay with it. Yes, people can be dumb on Ebay.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

007 girl.

Quote Originally Posted by canadianaidan64 View Post

My one-cent trick worked again.

I beat whoever it was by 0.01 although the bid came in a second after...no, same time as mine. Person bid with a rounded figure, I always end mine with .01

Got a high-grade bronze age Spidey with a 20c cover for 1/8 the guide price... (which i think is way too high but...)
    Last edited by ultimate jezebel; 01-12-2015 at 01:56 PM.
    Kings 21:23
    And of Jezebel also spake the LORD, saying, The dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.

My latest order is from eBay. I won bids on a couple of the elusive Spidey Clone Saga Epics (yay!) but lost on a couple of the elusive Ben Reilly Epics (boo!)

jd13

I put in an order this morning for the Planetary Omnibus (which will be my first one.) I got very nervous because I heard rumblings of it going OOP soon. To get the free shipping through IST I decided to also pick up the Daytripper Deluxe Ed HC because I heard so many rave reviews. I have only frequented this site for a few days and I already have an itch to get many more hard covers and absolute editions.

Got myself the sleeper omnibus, the platinum definitive xmen tp, Hellboy vol 1 and the first two tps of the colored DBZ mangas, cant wait!
    None of you seem to understand, I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me..

Quote Originally Posted by jd13 View Post
    I put in an order this morning for the Planetary Omnibus (which will be my first one.) I got very nervous because I heard rumblings of it going OOP soon. To get the free shipping through IST I decided to also pick up the Daytripper Deluxe Ed HC because I heard so many rave reviews. I have only frequented this site for a few days and I already have an itch to get many more hard covers and absolute editions.
    excellent choices. Two of my all time favourites (although very different books). I should finally buy that damn Daytripper deluxe too.

Does anybody on the board has ordered the Saga Deluxe HC Volume 1 exclusive mini print from Forbidden Planet.com? I hope it will be of use for someone here, it's in "processing" state for a few weeks now but I checked today and there is now a shipping date displayed: 15th January.