Page 15 of 360 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest orders!

DSCF4701.jpg

Really excited to get into this stuff. Already tore through Fables Book 1, and it's absolutely great. Will be in the US in a few weeks, so will try and pick up some more volumes cheap if I can find them!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenholmDX View Post
    DSCF4701.jpg

Really excited to get into this stuff. Already tore through Fables Book 1, and it's absolutely great. Will be in the US in a few weeks, so will try and pick up some more volumes cheap if I can find them!
    I had to laugh because I've just recently ordered so much of the same stuff you have. I have yet to order Y: The Last Man and I didn't order the Deluxe Fable books, but I ordered the first Fables paperback, East of West, Southern Bastards, The Wicked + The Divine and Sex Criminals, and I came very close to picking up Deadly Class yesterday while I was at Barnes and Noble!
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

Quote Originally Posted by quinnzel View Post
    I came very close to picking up Deadly Class yesterday while I was at Barnes and Noble!
    Deadly class is awesome, I like it so much more than the other, very much hyped Remender book, Black science (BS is not bad, it just didn't impress me too much, especially after Fear agent. Maybe when I'm gonna read the whole thing after it's finished...).

I had to laugh because I've just recently ordered so much of the same stuff you have. I have yet to order Y: The Last Man and I didn't order the Deluxe Fable books, but I ordered the first Fables paperback, East of West, Southern Bastards, The Wicked + The Divine and Sex Criminals, and I came very close to picking up Deadly Class yesterday while I was at Barnes and Noble!
    Haha, I mainly just grabbed the trades because they're cheap, but I've heard people say great things about them, so it was hard to say no. I actually bought the first trade of Fables, but then saw how great the Deluxe Editions were, and they pretty much work out at the cost of two trades, so it was a no brainer personally.

Was in my LCS again today, and they had the Superman Unchained Deluxe Hardcover on sale for €19.99, so I couldn't say no. Not really into Superman outside of Red Son, but it looks like a different take on the character so I said I'd give it a try!

I had a load up on the cheap Image volume 1 tpb's a while ago and I'm still reading most of them. Good idea. Deadly Class is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Deadly class is awesome, I like it so much more than the other, very much hyped Remender book, Black science (BS is not bad, it just didn't impress me too much, especially after Fear agent. Maybe when I'm gonna read the whole thing after it's finished...).
    Glad to hear it! Yeah, I was sort of looking at Black Science, too, but glad to hear Deadly Class is good.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenholmDX View Post
    Haha, I mainly just grabbed the trades because they're cheap, but I've heard people say great things about them, so it was hard to say no. I actually bought the first trade of Fables, but then saw how great the Deluxe Editions were, and they pretty much work out at the cost of two trades, so it was a no brainer personally.

Was in my LCS again today, and they had the Superman Unchained Deluxe Hardcover on sale for €19.99, so I couldn't say no. Not really into Superman outside of Red Son, but it looks like a different take on the character so I said I'd give it a try!
    I hear you. I picked up a lot of the Image trades for the same reason, but also because I had heard so much good stuff about them. I started reading Fables last night and I'm just completely in love with it. I think I might have to pick up the deluxe edition for the same reason.
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

Glad to hear it! Yeah, I was sort of looking at Black Science, too, but glad to hear Deadly Class is good.

I hear you. I picked up a lot of the Image trades for the same reason, but also because I had heard so much good stuff about them. I started reading Fables last night and I'm just completely in love with it. I think I might have to pick up the deluxe edition for the same reason.
    I love Fables and do not regret buying the deluxe editions. With that said, only the first volume includes the same ammount of content as two trades. After that they tend to be about the size of 1.5 trades (volume three actually has the same issue count as the paperback, but at twice the cost). I still reccomend buying the deluxes from here on out, but the value isn't as good as it first appears.
    Last edited by canadianaidan64; 01-17-2015 at 08:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by canadianaidan64 View Post
    I love Fables and do not regret buying the deluxe editions. With that said, only the first volume includes the same ammount of content as two trades. After that they tend to be about the size of 1.5 trades (volume three actually has the same issue count as the paperback, but at twice the cost). I still reccomend buying the deluxes from here on out, but the value isn't as good as it first appears.
    Thanks for the info! Definitely good to know. I think I'll definitely look into the first two deluxe HCs. I just finished the first paperback last night and I just loved every page of it.

Thanks to this thread, I ordered Fables vol. 1 HC Deluxe edition.
    I also ordered Amazing Spider-Man omni vol. 1, and MMWs Silver Surfer book 2 #7-18 in TPB (we're not going to discuss that TPB part).
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    Thanks to this thread, I ordered Fables vol. 1 HC Deluxe edition.
    I also ordered Amazing Spider-Man omni vol. 1, and MMWs Silver Surfer book 2 #7-18 in TPB (we're not going to discuss that TPB part).
    Why not get the OHC instead? *pokes with stick* *poke poke poke* I have the first two Fables Deluxe laying around. Sometimes I wonder if I'd bother picking up the rest of the series in hopes of some nice Omnibus coming out at some point lol.

Quote Originally Posted by danmar85 View Post
    Why not get the OHC instead? *pokes with stick* *poke poke poke* I have the first two Fables Deluxe laying around. Sometimes I wonder if I'd bother picking up the rest of the series in hopes of some nice Omnibus coming out at some point lol.
    Wait.
    What is this???

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    Wait.
    What is this???
    He's talking about the Silver Surfer Omnibus. He's a foul person
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    He's talking about the Silver Surfer Omnibus. He's a foul person
    *sniffle*

And I here I thought he might know of some other way to get this portion of the series in HC.

Extraordinary Member

Ms Marvel & Captain Marvel (Vol 1) both arrived today.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Currently on order:

The New 52: Futures End (Volume 1)
    Action Comics Vol. 4: Hybrid