Page 157 of 360 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167207257 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,355 of 5394

Thread: Latest orders!

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batarang View Post
    I couldn't find Rachel Rising Omni anywhere :/ i really wanted that one but it seems i missed the boat...

Balakin, dude you should totally read Batman vs Predator. It's amazing.
    I just ordered a Rachel Rising Omni from "In Stock Trades" this morning. Looks like they still have some in stock.

http://www.instocktrades.com/TP/Abst...omer/JUN160996

Quote Originally Posted by Goremageddon View Post
    I just ordered a Rachel Rising Omni from "In Stock Trades" this morning. Looks like they still have some in stock.

http://www.instocktrades.com/TP/Abst...omer/JUN160996
    IST is really good for Americans but with the shipping prices it's not worth it for the rest of the world unfortunately. Thanks though. It's supposed to be released outside of the us too soon.

Fantastic Member

Just placed an order to catch up on some books I follow that have released new volumes, as well as fill in some gaps in my collection.

[new] Lucifer vol. 1 - Carey's Lucifer is one of my all time favorite titles, so I figured I'd give this a try.
    Hellblazer vol. 14 - Azzarello's run marks the half way point in this seminal title.
    Y: The Last Man book 5 - Excited to finish this.
    Injection vol. 2 - Love Ellis, loved the first volume of this.
    Invisible Republic vol. 2 - I thought that the first volume of this was really something special, so I'm excited to read the continuation.
    Northlanders vol. 6 & 7 - Finally completing this run. Really enjoyed these stories.
    Bloodshot: Reborn vol. 3 - The only Valiant title I'm still reading. The first two volumes were really interesting, and I have to commend Lemire for making me care about this character and his bizarre world.
    Saga vol. 6 - Because Saga.
    Black Science vol. 4 - This took me awhile to get into, but now that I know what I'm getting, I want more. The number of ideas thrown out in each world really captivates me.
    Jupiter's Circle vol. 2 - I really don't care for superhero stories, but I read the first volume on a lark and enjoyed it enough to want to know how it ends.
    Southern Bastards vol. 3 - Just as I don't usually care for superhero stories, I definitely don't usually care about what happens in the American South, but Jason Aaron has had me hooked since Scalped, so I'm in for another collection.
    Enigma - I realized when I was placing my order than I gave my old copy of this away years ago and had a hankering to read it again. One of the best of the early Vertigo works, in my opinion. Genius, twisted stuff.
    Replica vol. 1 - I don't even know what it's about, I just love the writer and have heard that this publisher might be the next Vertigo, so I'm giving it a try.
    Deadenders [complete] - I don't know how I missed this when it was originally coming out, but it's been on my list of things to read for awhile now, so I'm finally diving in. 16 issues for a great cost with a great creative team (Brubaker, Pleece) is impossible to pass up any longer.
    Sex vol. 3 & 4 - Joe Casey fan for a long time, but it took me awhile to try this book. Honestly, the nudity feels borderline gratuitous at times, but the storytelling is so tight and the characterization is so impressive that I had to come back for more. This is Casey at his best.
    Unknown Soldier vol. 1-4 (vertigo) - I leafed through volume 1 at my local library recently and was hooked. I'm excited to read the whole story at once.
    Monstress vol. 1 - Too cheap to pass up, and if the reviews are to be believed, this should be great. Plus, I'm always interested in supporting female creators.
    Shade the Changing Man vol 1-3 - I'm a Shade fan from the minute Milligan started it, and my hope is that somehow this new Shade the Changing Girl title results in some more collections for the old series. I'm doing my part!
    Tom Strong vol. 1-6 - The only ABC title I never read. I figured that it was time.
    X-Statix Omnibus - I think I've read about half of this. Love Milligan, love Allred, easy choice.

I'll post pics when it arrives!

Mighty Member

Just curious, why so definitive on disliking stories set in the south? I mean, that's not really a genre for instance. Its like just saying i dont like stories set in the UK or France without knowing what they're even about.

Fantastic Member

I have no sympathy or time for people who long for the good ol' days of the 1850's.

Mighty Member

Just because a story is set in the south doesn't mean it will deal with those kinds of stereotypes. Outcast, for example, is set in the south and you probably wouldn't even know if it wasn't stated

Fantastic Member

Okay, thanks for the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    Yeah hopefully around that price. I'm hoping that Speedyhen pick it up... also hoping for an August bank holiday discount!
    just preordered it from Forbidden planet UK for £46.5. It says it will be in stock on the 30th so we will see. If I find it cheaper elsewhere I'll just cancel it since they didn't take any money yet. I wasn't really satisfied with FP in the past but this seems like quite a good price so it's worth a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by missingmarch View Post
    I have no sympathy or time for people who long for the good ol' days of the 1850's.

Mighty Member

^Yeah, ikr

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    just preordered it from Forbidden planet UK for £46.5. It says it will be in stock on the 30th so we will see. If I find it cheaper elsewhere I'll just cancel it since they didn't take any money yet. I wasn't really satisfied with FP in the past but this seems like quite a good price so it's worth a shot.
    Nice one I'll check them out.

Very small haul over the last week in regards to trades.
    - Injustice Gods Among Us Year Four Vol.2 HC
    - Hellblazer Vol.14 TP
    - Lucifer Vol.1 TP

Even though this week will be small as well, I'm so looking forward to The Omega Men.

All-New Member

Last book from July order arrived today which was Birthright Vol.3

latest:
    just when I thought I have it all planned out I realised a 3rd chunk Atomic Robo trade just came out also Hellblazer v14 (and also TMNT v3 is actually happening very soon). Noticed lately that a lot of books appear in the UK later than in the US, more than it used to. It kills me to wait when I know the books are already out (like the Kubert Tarzan or the Byrne Avengers which had like a month delay).

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    latest:
    just when I thought I have it all planned out I realised a 3rd chunk Atomic Robo trade just came out also Hellblazer v14 (and also TMNT v3 is actually happening very soon). Noticed lately that a lot of books appear in the UK later than in the US, more than it used to. It kills me to wait when I know the books are already out (like the Kubert Tarzan or the Byrne Avengers which had like a month delay).
    I keep looking to buy that Captain Britain HC but I'm put off because it seems pretty difficult to get Volume 2.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"