Page 158 of 360 FirstFirst ... 58108148154155156157158159160161162168208258 ... LastLast
Results 2,356 to 2,370 of 5394

Thread: Latest orders!

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    I keep looking to buy that Captain Britain HC but I'm put off because it seems pretty difficult to get Volume 2.
    there is a like new copy of vol2 on amazon from the UK for £22.8. I've just risked a US seller through alibris with a 10% coupon it was only £18.6. Might take a month to get here though.
    The real difficulty is the Moore CB omnibus under 100 quid.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    latest:
    just when I thought I have it all planned out I realised a 3rd chunk Atomic Robo trade just came out also Hellblazer v14 (and also TMNT v3 is actually happening very soon). Noticed lately that a lot of books appear in the UK later than in the US, more than it used to. It kills me to wait when I know the books are already out (like the Kubert Tarzan or the Byrne Avengers which had like a month delay).
    Nice Haul dude wow... those Invincible Compendiums are big... I started to upgrade my Invincible Tpbs to HCs, HC volum 2 and 3 on their way. I need that Golden Age Batman Omni and i'm thinking of getting in to Tarzan but i don't know, it's really getting out of hand, i follow way too many series and i just get in to Ron Marz Witchblade btw... but couldn't find vol. 3 and 4 anywhere... anywhere which doesn't have a crazy shipping cost at least...

Mighty Member

Been wanting to try Atomic Robo in those thick collections, but man they're pricey.

Quote Originally Posted by Batarang View Post
    Nice Haul dude wow... those Invincible Compendiums are big... I started to upgrade my Invincible Tpbs to HCs, HC volum 2 and 3 on their way. I need that Golden Age Batman Omni and i'm thinking of getting in to Tarzan but i don't know, it's really getting out of hand, i follow way too many series and i just get in to Ron Marz Witchblade btw... but couldn't find vol. 3 and 4 anywhere... anywhere which doesn't have a crazy shipping cost at least...
    I tried to recapture some teenage years nostalgia a few years ago with Darkness but only could enjoy it with Ennis on writing then it went downhill very fast so that was it for me with the Top Cow verse. Not a fan of their usual art style either (to put it mildly).
    Normally I would get the Ultimate collections but no way in hell I will buy all 10+ volumes of Invincible even though I love the series. The compendiums are quite sturdy, takes up much less space and cost half of the hardcovers.
    Regarding Tarzan: this Kubert tpb seems like a good way to experience it. It's affordable, it's not daily or sunday strips but monthly comics, it's his complete run...and it's freakin Joe Kubert!
    Haven't read it yet though but expecting some goodness.
    Also can't wait for the Buscema Tarzan omni.
    If you want some older strips I'm pretty sure you can find the Titan books Hogarth volumes for reasonable prices and they are not numbered so you can just get the cheapest volume. They are large format and nice quality books. I would love to tell you it's worth a read but I have such a huge backlog, no idea when I will get around reading it.

Currently reading Adventures of Dieter Lumpen btw and my oh my what a beautiful book. Loving the art in it.

there is a like new copy of vol2 on amazon from the UK for £22.8. I've just risked a US seller through alibris with a 10% coupon it was only £18.6. Might take a month to get here though.
    The real difficulty is the Moore CB omnibus under 100 quid.
    I've just had a look on amazon. It's been a while since I checked for it. Quite surprised there some on there! Thanks
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Spectacular Member ComicBookNoob's Avatar

Not brand new and wrapped in plastic, but I feel like I did pretty well for $25

IMG_2792.jpg
    Check out my blog: http://comicbuffet.blogspot.com/

Favorite DC Heroes: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood, Green Arrow, The Ray
    Favorite Marvel Heroes: Daredevil, Spider-man, X-23, Iron Man, Iron Heart
    Currently Reading: Robin Vol 4, Iron Man, Teen Titans, Titans, Justice League of America Vol 5, Champions Vol 2, Invincible Iron Man Vol 3, Frank Miller's Daredevil

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Been wanting to try Atomic Robo in those thick collections, but man they're pricey.
    yeah it's IDW they are a bit weird with pricing. Paperquality is really good though and the stories are just sooo much fun.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frogtown View Post
    I gave a sarcastic answer to an inane question. Internet r hard, I know.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by missingmarch View Post
    I gave a sarcastic answer to an inane question. Internet r hard, I know.
    I didnt realize my question was so "inane". I simply (and politely) asked why you choose to write off southern based comics. But I'll keep my comments for those who contribite positively to the board from now on.

Fantastic Member

All I said that I was as interested in reading about the american south as I was in reading about superheroes. In a long post where I said a lot of things about a lot of comics - none of which you chose to respond to - you only chose to press into an off-hand remark I made (which was itself only playing forward a comment I made previously) contributing nothing positive OR substantive.

Curious about your thoughts on The White Lama, Balakin.

I've loved most of Jodorowsky's work set in the Jodoverse (Metabarons, Incal, and Technopriests) and some of his work outside (Borgia, The Bouncer, and The Madwoman of the Sacred Heart), but still haven't pulled the trigger on a few of his other books like the one above, Anibal 5, or Diosamante.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogtown View Post
    Curious about your thoughts on The White Lama, Balakin.

I've loved most of Jodorowsky's work set in the Jodoverse (Metabarons, Incal, and Technopriests) and some of his work outside (Borgia, The Bouncer, and The Madwoman of the Sacred Heart), but still haven't pulled the trigger on a few of his other books like the one above, Anibal 5, or Diosamante.
    Hopefully I will like it, still haven't read Bouncer either. Son of the gun soured me a bit but just watched a review of White lama and it motivated me to finally get it.

In other news FP just sent me an email that the Rachel Rising omnibus will take 3-5 weeks to be despatched...

BANNED

I tried to recapture some teenage years nostalgia a few years ago with Darkness but only could enjoy it with Ennis on writing then it went downhill very fast so that was it for me with the Top Cow verse. Not a fan of their usual art style either (to put it mildly).
    Normally I would get the Ultimate collections but no way in hell I will buy all 10+ volumes of Invincible even though I love the series. The compendiums are quite sturdy, takes up much less space and cost half of the hardcovers.
    Regarding Tarzan: this Kubert tpb seems like a good way to experience it. It's affordable, it's not daily or sunday strips but monthly comics, it's his complete run...and it's freakin Joe Kubert!
    Haven't read it yet though but expecting some goodness.
    Also can't wait for the Buscema Tarzan omni.
    If you want some older strips I'm pretty sure you can find the Titan books Hogarth volumes for reasonable prices and they are not numbered so you can just get the cheapest volume. They are large format and nice quality books. I would love to tell you it's worth a read but I have such a huge backlog, no idea when I will get around reading it.

Currently reading Adventures of Dieter Lumpen btw and my oh my what a beautiful book. Loving the art in it.
    Top Cow is the 90s dude...Darkness, Witchblade and Spawn...my teenage years's characters. they published the first two volumes of witchblade in turkish when i was 15... it was such an T&A book with the reaveling costume and that was really appealing factor to a 15 year old btw lol so i got the volumes and read them and really liked them. That was what ignited my love for witchblade... i really liked the consept of this armored glove which gave her powers and how it kind of distribute and cover the body like a full armor and everything, i thought it was pretty cool... I liked the art too. I don't dig the 90s style like when i was 15 anymore but it's pretty nostalgic... after i complete Ron Marz Run, i will probably get in to Witchblade Origins books, the earlier stuff.
    I'm sucker for HCs aspecially OHCs so it's OHCs for me when it comes to The Invincible.
    I kind of hope for Joe Kubert OHC Tarzan, that's one of the reasons why i still wait to buy it... I think i couldn't resist if there was a OHC of Kubert Tarzan...
    I will check out the Busceman Omni and Titan books Hogarth Tarzan volums, thanks dude.
    Dieter Lumpen, i remember seeing this book in your haul... but other than that i don't know anything about it, i will check it out too.
    Last edited by Batarang; 08-25-2016 at 06:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Batarang View Post
    Top Cow is the 90s dude...Darkness, Witchblade and Spawn...my teenage years's characters. they published the first two volumes of witchblade in turkish when i was 15... it was such an T&A book with the reaveling costume and that was really appealing factor to a 15 year old btw lol so i got the volumes and read them and really liked them. That was what ignited my love for witchblade... i really liked the consept of this armored glove which gave her powers and how it kind of distribute and cover the body like a full armor and everything, i thought it was pretty cool... I liked the art too. I don't dig the 90s style like when i was 15 anymore but it's pretty nostalgic... after i complete Ron Marz Run, i will probably get in to Witchblade Origins books, the earlier stuff.
    I'm sucker for HCs aspecially OHCs so it's OHCs for me when it comes to The Invincible.
    I kind of hope for Joe Kubert OHC Tarzan, that's one of the reasons why i still wait to buy it... I think i couldn't resist if there was a OHC of Kubert Tarzan...
    I will check out the Busceman Omni and Titan books Hogarth Tarzan volums, thanks dude.
    Dieter Lumpen, i remember seeing this book in your haul... but other than that i don't know anything about it, i will check it out too.
    I think if DH wanted to do ohc of the Kubert Tarzan they would have already done it. They had the regular hc Archives but those are oop. Also there are at least two Artist's editions, Tarzan of the apes and something else. Of course they have the regular AE pricing so it's around 80-100 quid here.

Michel Fiffe's Copra is in UK comixology sale so very happily bought it.

I suppose could argue that's an indie purchase rather than "classic"...but I understand it a riff on John Ostrander's Suicide Squad run, so it will be a good chink of new reading to accompany my next re-read of John O/ Kim Yale Suicide Squad, Manhunter and Deadshot stuff.