Page 172 of 360 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172173174175176182222272 ... LastLast
Results 2,566 to 2,580 of 5394

Thread: Latest orders!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by krylox View Post
    Attachment 40801

purchases of the past 6-7 weeks...

and here's a video compagnon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ae1k6PsLrXA
    Jaw drops... (this forum needs a jaw drops smile lol)

That's alot of books for just past 6-7 weeks...

All-New Member

Week #6 pickups

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Here's what I got in the mail this week. Hickman's Avengers OHC 1, 3 New Avengers, 1, 2 OHC, Infinity OHC, Thor - God of Thunder 1 & 2 OHC and Thor 1 OHC. And Batman vol 9

“Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OriolesMagic18 View Post
    Week #6 pickups
    Wow, nice haul. So with Marvel making the Apocalypse War OHC does this mean that they won't do a HC of Extraordinary X-Men v1?
    Last edited by The Whovian; 10-15-2016 at 02:00 PM.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Fantastic Member

Just found issue 3 and 6 of War Machine second series to complete run .

The Bronze Age JLA omnibus. Which also happens to be my first omnibus.

Latest haul.
    Artist and Gallery editions are my new thing it looks like. I'm doomed.
    The Wood Artisan edition tpb is nice although I wish it would be a bit bigger. Still looks cool so thanks for the recommendations.
    We had a nice and in depth exchange about visiting LCS-s in the DC thread where I was firmly on the "spend your money wherever you want don't feel like you have to buy anything in an LCS" side. So after not spending a dime since they couldn't get me the stuff I wanted I went in today and spent 40 quid on a Funko Pop! (not for me) and the Stumptown hc and preordered a Gallery edition, just to support them. Because I'm a moron. But it's a nice shop and they deserve to stay in business. Also I buy too many books, need to limit myself somehow.

Also, the Sandman GE is a frekkin' beast I thought it's the same size as the other AEs and GEs but it's taller and heavy as hell. I got a great deal on it but when it arrived and realised how big it is my first thought was "this was a mistake". It's gorgeous though

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Latest haul.

Also, the Sandman GE is a frekkin' beast I thought it's the same size as the other AEs and GEs but it's taller and heavy as hell. I got a great deal on it but when it arrived and realised how big it is my first thought was "this was a mistake". It's gorgeous though
    Sandman GE is one of my favourity Artist/Artifact/Gallery editions in my collection. It is insanely great. Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by Roland1580 View Post
    Sandman GE is one of my favourity Artist/Artifact/Gallery editions in my collection. It is insanely great. Congratulations!
    thanks! I got it for 40 pounds in an ebay auction which is a super awesome deal. I thought it collects the first arc but then I realised it collects the Dream hunters which I don't have and never read before so it made me even happier.

BANNED

Latest haul.
    The Wood Artisan edition tpb is nice although I wish it would be a bit bigger. Still looks cool so thanks for the recommendations.
    We had a nice and in depth exchange about visiting LCS-s in the DC thread where I was firmly on the "spend your money wherever you want don't feel like you have to buy anything in an LCS" side. So after not spending a dime since they couldn't get me the stuff I wanted I went in today and spent 40 quid on a Funko Pop! (not for me) and the Stumptown hc and preordered a Gallery edition, just to support them. Because I'm a moron. But it's a nice shop and they deserve to stay in business. Also I buy too many books, need to limit myself somehow.

Great haul. That Sandman GA is really big :O i search my feelings and nah... i'm happy with my absolutes. puff.. a bullet dodged... I love New Gods... but same goes for them too i'm happy with my omnibuses. It seems i finally found some satisfaction lol i usually go nuts to buy big HC editions but it seems i filled that space with Absolutes and Omnibuses. lol I'm so happy about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Batarang View Post
    Great haul. That Sandman GA is really big :O i search my feelings and nah... i'm happy with my absolutes. puff.. a bullet dodged... I love New Gods... but same goes for them too i'm happy with my omnibuses. It seems i finally found some satisfaction lol i usually go nuts to buy big HC editions but it seems i filled that space with Absolutes and Omnibuses. lol I'm so happy about this.
    yeah but just looking at the original art in the original size...
    I just had a flipthrough with my flatmate and both of us were drooling especially at the P Craig Russel pages (and Kelley Jones).
    I mean yeah it's not the original original pages but the scans are so damn good a few times I had to touch the pages to make sure the tape or white out fluid is part of the scan and not some dirt or actual tape on it.
    Except the Red Sonja AE, that book is not that high quality but I like me some R.E. Howard pulp, it still looks good and it was only 50quid after a little complaining about a small ding a shedloads of dust on the book.

It might depend on how artistic you are I would love to know if people who are buying lots of AE-s are artists on some level or some sort of visual creative people.

All-New Member

Week 7:

Latest haul.

Awesome, Balakin. The Sandman GE is indeed amazing. What you now need is the DKR GE

Btw, the Wally Wood book is the smaller version of the Wood AE from a couple of years ago. It is actually even bigger than the Sandman GE, by a couple of inches (as are all EC AEs plus a few others). You would've liked that.

AEs are truly addictive books. I held off until they announced Born Again. Now I have about 20 of these bastards and of course I will buy more. Atm I am impatiently waiting for the Prince Valiant Studio Edition (which will be another 2 inches taller than the EC ones!!!) but it keeps being postponed.
    Last edited by LordJulius; 10-21-2016 at 04:40 PM.

BANNED

yeah but just looking at the original art in the original size...
    I just had a flipthrough with my flatmate and both of us were drooling especially at the P Craig Russel pages (and Kelley Jones).
    I mean yeah it's not the original original pages but the scans are so damn good a few times I had to touch the pages to make sure the tape or white out fluid is part of the scan and not some dirt or actual tape on it.
    Except the Red Sonja AE, that book is not that high quality but I like me some R.E. Howard pulp, it still looks good and it was only 50quid after a little complaining about a small ding a shedloads of dust on the book.

It might depend on how artistic you are I would love to know if people who are buying lots of AE-s are artists on some level or some sort of visual creative people.
    hmm... what you desceribed sounds good. I didn't know what the books were about... I thought they were only bigger than absolutes and stuff but it would be too much trouble to get them. The shipping cost and all the customes taxes...oh man those taxes would be insane. They are gigantic and if i bought like 20 of them, the customes people would be on my butt... so i have to pass.
    Last edited by Batarang; 10-22-2016 at 09:40 AM.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Batarang View Post
    hmm... what you desceribed sounds good. I didn't know what the books were about... I thought they were only bigger than absolutes and stuff but it would be too much trouble to get them. The shipping cost and all the costumes taxes...oh man those taxes would be insane. They are gigantic and if i bought like 20 of them, the costumes people would be on my butt... so i have to pass.
    LOL. You do realise that your automatic spellcheck replaced customs with costumes? It's all good though, as it's in the spirit of our thread