Page 181 of 360 FirstFirst ... 81131171177178179180181182183184185191231281 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,715 of 5394

Thread: Latest orders!

Seems to me like Speedyhen and Wordery are using the EU vote to jack up prices. The pound lowering is a knee jerk reaction to something that has had no real effect on anything yet but it's the only reason for omnibuses being an average of £40 now being between £70 and £80.

I ride mountain bike trials and the go to shop in the world is Tarty Bikes which is an English company. They didn't raise their prices, they put out an update saying prices were now cheaper for the international buyers. That seems to me that these shops have made a conscious choice.

I'd accept new stock having a jacked up price as a reality of some guys deciding the pound is worth less regardless of anything actually happening (I watched The Big Short, I know how the world economy works ) but books these shops have had in stock for a while shouldn't suddenly have a price increase.

Quote Originally Posted by QComix View Post

I remember seeing some B&M albums in this thread or the "General omnibus..." thread, I guess it was you! Have you read any of the post-Jacobs stuff ? I was wondering if those albums were worth buying too
    There are two teams working on B&M atm, and I think they're both doing a great job. At times it's hardly noticeable that it's not Jacobs, imo.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    There are two teams working on B&M atm, and I think they're both doing a great job. At times it's hardly noticeable that it's not Jacobs, imo.
    Alright, thanks! I'll try to check them out eventually

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    Seems to me like Speedyhen and Wordery are using the EU vote to jack up prices. The pound lowering is a knee jerk reaction to something that has had no real effect on anything yet but it's the only reason for omnibuses being an average of £40 now being between £70 and £80.

I ride mountain bike trials and the go to shop in the world is Tarty Bikes which is an English company. They didn't raise their prices, they put out an update saying prices were now cheaper for the international buyers. That seems to me that these shops have made a conscious choice.

I'd accept new stock having a jacked up price as a reality of some guys deciding the pound is worth less regardless of anything actually happening (I watched The Big Short, I know how the world economy works ) but books these shops have had in stock for a while shouldn't suddenly have a price increase.
    well Diamond, their main supplier had a prise increase right after the vote that might be the reason and they might get new stock of older books too. Although it certainly seems a bit suspicious.

Quote Originally Posted by Batarang View Post
    My Latest Haul

wow that's a mixed bag How do you like Darkness btw? Glad to see RR arrived. Great book.

Mighty Member

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    So volume 1 has a black spine volume 2 has a white spine and the ninth wave LE has a white spine... Dammit Dark Horse your usually so good at this.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    So volume 1 has a black spine volume 2 has a white spine and the ninth wave LE has a white spine... Dammit Dark Horse your usually so good at this.
    Ninth Wave is a prequel, right? So you could order them white-black-white for something visual pleasing, if you wanted.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by rynprc View Post
    Ninth Wave is a prequel, right? So you could order them white-black-white for something visual pleasing, if you wanted.
    Yeah its a prequel, that was released after the main series, that was released as a LE in the middle of the main series.... I suppose technically there's no wrong way to shelve it.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    It's more a tan/lite brown, but still...lol.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    wow that's a mixed bag How do you like Darkness btw? Glad to see RR arrived. Great book.
    Not that much actually, The Spawn and The Darkness, it seems like i party like it's 1996. lol I really like The Darkness, i haven't read The Darkness since 2004 (just returning) but i really liked what i read at 2004 so i'm returning for more with The Compendium vol. 2. I don't have The Compendium vol. 1 though, just 4 TPBs of what is before The Compendium Vol. 2. (I haven't started to read the vol. 2 yet btw) What was written by Ennis was really fun to read as far as i can remember, i can't remember who came after Ennis but that was ok too. And i hope The Top Cow will republish The Compendium vol. 1, so i can get a vol. 1.

All-New Member

Week 11:

Everything between the marvel omni and the Seven soldiers of victory archives books were only $5 per.

Quote Originally Posted by OriolesMagic18 View Post
    Week 11:

Everything between the marvel omni and the Seven soldiers of victory archives books were only $5 per.
    even with some of them being only $5 this is an insane haul for a week

What how were some of those only 5$? I'd love to pay 5 bucks for dark avengers

Quote Originally Posted by Batarang View Post
    My Latest Haul

How is the Street Fighter comic series? I really liked the games and animated series that came over the years. Any new material would be great.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.