Page 224 of 360 FirstFirst ... 124174214220221222223224225226227228234274324 ... LastLast
Results 3,346 to 3,360 of 5394

Thread: Latest orders!

Fantastic Member

thanks! less is more and all that
    i read Irmina and The Nao of Brown, Irmina is a much stronger and better written story. Nao has spectacular art though. Rolling Blackout has only arrived today, so no opinion on that yet but i think i'm going to like it, i'll start it as soon as i finish Saga
    Craig Thompson is one of the authors i've always been meaning to try and his books has been on my wish list for ages but something always gets in the way...

A few of those just went on my wishlist too :P
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

thanks, Irmina went on the wishlist. How depressing is it though?
    Also let us know what you think of Rolling blackouts please when you manage to read it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by zaboraviti View Post
    collective haul since, i think, February. not much to say the least. yep, this hasn't been a particularly good year financially for me so far.

Attachment 50293
    Nice Haul.

I'm sorry to hear that you have financial problems. :/ Hope you get over them and get more comics but this haul is not bad at all.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    thanks, Irmina went on the wishlist. How depressing is it though?
    not too depressing, not to me anyway, just... leaves you thoughtful i guess.

Also let us know what you think of Rolling blackouts please when you manage to read it.
    will do

Quote Originally Posted by Batarang View Post
    Nice Haul.

I'm sorry to hear that you have financial problems. :/ Hope you get over them and get more comics but this haul is not bad at all.
    thanks, bro. i wish i could transcend the needs of this body so that stupid things like utility bills, food and healthcare didn't get in the way

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by zaboraviti View Post
    collective haul since, i think, February. not much to say the least. yep, this hasn't been a particularly good year financially for me so far.

Attachment 50293
    well thanks to you I've got a copy of that Simpsons/Futurama book ordered. Damn you CBR Forums! Daaaaaaaaaaaamn yoooooooooouuuuuu!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by zevious zoquis View Post
    well thanks to you I've got a copy of that Simpsons/Futurama book ordered. Damn you CBR Forums! Daaaaaaaaaaaamn yoooooooooouuuuuu!

ah well, sorry about that. or you're welcome, i don't know personally i don't think the story is particularly great. then again, i only skimmed through without really reading it for now - i just had wanted to have this book since forever, as a token of my love for these shows, so when i saw a used copy at a low price, i didn't hesitate.

Fantastic Member

Yeah it's not a terribly costly book and sounds like fun...

BANNED

Here is my latest haul

Here is my latest haul

Nice!

I never read any Wonder Woman. What is a good starting point to give it a try?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    Nice!

Thanks.

I'm new to Wonder Woman too. (: Just do what i did, grab bunch of things (: , i got:

Straczynski's ''Wonder Woman: Odyssey'' vol. 1 and 2 HC.
    Morrison's ''Wonder Woman Earth One'' vol. 1 HC
    Azzarello's ''Absolute Wonder Woman'' vol. 1 OHC
    Perez's ''Wonder Woman Omnibus'' vol. 1 and 2 OHC

- I got Straczynski cause i liked what he did with ''Supreme Power'' and ''Spider-man'' books and WW's new costume looked cool.
    - I got Morrison cause it seemed like a good new start for a new reader and Morrison is a talented comic book writer for sure
    - I got Azzarello's run cause i liked ''100 bullets'' (as far as i read) and it's the first Absolute edition of WW so DC must be proud of what Azzarello did with WW to make it the first Absolute.
    - I got Perez's run cause George Perez was who revitalized WW after The Crisis in the 80s in a very succesful way as far as i know.

I just read WW: Odyssey vol. 1 amog them so far and it was medicore unfortunatly. It had some interesting points to want me read vol. 2 but not the best of WW, i hope.
    Last edited by Batarang; 06-07-2017 at 04:43 AM.

I got some Chapters gift cards for my birthday, which magically transformed into Wolverine by Daniel Way Complete Collection Volume 1 and Wolverine Epic Collection Volume 12: Shadow of Apocalypse.

Here is my latest haul

so it seems like this manga thing is here to stay for you what's that Brides series is about?

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    Nice!

I'm not the biggest expert but here are my two cents:
    Marston's Golden age run was weird fun with LOTS of kinky sex stuff hidden in plain sight so if you like GA books you should try that.

Morrison's Earth-1 is basically a re imagining of Marston's ideas, it's an interesting read but not very representative of the character.
    Azzarello had a n52 take, it's not very true to the core of the character but it's a good read.

Perez's run might be a good starting point if you are into bronze age stuff since it was the post CoIE relaunch like Byrne's MoS.

If started the JMS run but it was crap like his Superman Grounded.

I've heard great things of Rucka's current and previous runs also Gail Simone's.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I'm not the biggest expert but here are my two cents:
    Marston's Golden age run was weird fun with LOTS of kinky sex stuff hidden in plain sight so if you like GA books you should try that.

Morrison's Earth-1 is basically a re imagining of Marston's ideas, it's an interesting read but not very representative of the character.
    Azzarello had a n52 take, it's not very true to the core of the character but it's a good read.

Perez's run might be a good starting point if you are into bronze age stuff since it was the post CoIE relaunch like Byrne's MoS.

If started the JMS run but it was crap like his Superman Grounded.

I've heard great things of Rucka's current and previous runs also Gail Simone's.
    Thanks.

I'm new to Wonder Woman too. (: Just do what i did, grab bunch of things (: , i got:

Straczynski's ''Wonder Woman: Odyssey'' vol. 1 and 2 HC.
    Morrison's ''Wonder Woman Earth One'' vol. 1 HC
    Azzarello's ''Absolute Wonder Woman'' vol. 1 OHC
    Perez's ''Wonder Woman Omnibus'' vol. 1 and 2 OHC

- I got Straczynski cause i liked what he did with ''Supreme Power'' and ''Spider-man'' books and WW's new costume looked cool.
    - I got Morrison cause it seemed like a good new start for a new reader and Morrison is a talented comic book writer for sure
    - I got Azzarello's run cause i liked ''100 bullets'' (as far as i read) and it's the first Absolute edition of WW so DC must be proud of what Azzarello did with WW to make it the first Absolute.
    - I got Perez's run cause George Perez was who revitalized WW after The Crisis in the 80s in a very succesful way as far as i know.

I just read WW: Odyssey vol. 1 amog them so far and it was medicore unfortunatly. It had some interesting points to want me read vol. 2 but not the best of WW, i hope.
    Thanks. I'll look into it. A lot of choises to make