Page 227 of 360 FirstFirst ... 127177217223224225226227228229230231237277327 ... LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,405 of 5394

Thread: Latest orders!

I'm the same :P Y: The Last Man is really good, I hope that you enjoy it!
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Spectacular Member RickyMeister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    I'm the same :P Y: The Last Man is really good, I hope that you enjoy it!
    having the complete series at once is helpful so i can read through that without any waiting

I got to read them without waiting too, its nice :P

I wasn't supposed to be buying any more books, but it just sort of happened... I appreciate that only two of these are comic books, but books are awesome too and I buy them together!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Spectacular Member

Haven't posted in a while, here are my hauls from the last 2 months or so. With my first newborn child arriving in September, my orders will be smaller and/or less frequent in the near future !

Impressive haul! It's nice to see someone going all in on Usagi. The only thing I don't have is the fantagraphics big collections. I'm waiting to pick that up if and when the reprint happens.

Nice haul! Are you French? :P

Quote Originally Posted by QComix View Post
    Haven't posted in a while, here are my hauls from the last 2 months or so. With my first newborn child arriving in September, my orders will be smaller and/or less frequent in the near future !

That is one handsome looking haul. So sexy.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mormegil View Post
    Impressive haul! It's nice to see someone going all in on Usagi. The only thing I don't have is the fantagraphics big collections. I'm waiting to pick that up if and when the reprint happens.
    Thanks! I was lucky to snag the last copy of the Fantagraphics slipcase at Indigo/Chapters two months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Nice haul! Are you French? :P
    Haha yeah, French is my first language! I'm French Canadian

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    That is one handsome looking haul. So sexy.
    Thanks!

VERY impressive haul QComix! I'm really jelly of all those Integrales editions especially the thorgal one. I've heard so many great things about that series but the english editions are small, thin paperbacks and they are censored as well if I'm not mistaken.
    Also congrats on the baby! Even if you'll only get half as many stuff as you did before it still will be more than enough to read I think Also you can also justify it by saying you are gathering reading material for your kid.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    VERY impressive haul QComix! I'm really jelly of all those Integrales editions especially the thorgal one. I've heard so many great things about that series but the english editions are small, thin paperbacks and they are censored as well if I'm not mistaken.
    Also congrats on the baby! Even if you'll only get half as many stuff as you did before it still will be more than enough to read I think Also you can also justify it by saying you are gathering reading material for your kid.
    Thanks Balakin! Yes I have a huge backlog so I'm not concerned about missing reading material for a good while haha (and I'll most likely have less time to read)

I LOVE those French Intégrales! Even the smallest format (like Spirou or Valerian) are a bit bigger than a Marvel or DC OHC. And that Black & White Thorgal Intégrale is taller and wider than a DC Absolute (the book doesn't even perfectly fit my Billy bookshelves as it is about 1cm wider than the depth of the shelf). Every comic TPB or regular HC feels so small after reading those big Franco-Belgian "Bandes dessinées" lol

Absolutely stunning haul, QComix. Loving it! And welcome to the game of 'Diapers or books?' I was intrigued by the Thorgal b&w Integrale, but I somehow think that the colouring is quite an important aspect of the artwork here, particularly in the later albums where Rosinski basically paints. And how are the later Spirou volumes? I stopped buying them after the first Fournier Integrale since it wasn't anywhere near Franquin's work, imo (that the Marsupilami was missing after the first story didn't help either).

You're also one of the few people round here who has bought Elephantmen. I absolutely love that series, but somehow they stopped putting out the HCs. The last one was published at least 3 years ago, iirc. Wonder what happened.
    Last edited by LordJulius; 06-20-2017 at 12:45 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Absolutely stunning haul, QComix. Loving it! And welcome to the game of 'Diapers or books?' I was intrigued by the Thorgal b&w Integrale, but I somehow think that the colouring is quite an important aspect of the artwork here, particularly in the later albums where Rosinski basically paints. And how are the later Spirou volumes? I stopped buying them after the first Fournier Integrale since it wasn't anywhere near Franquin's work, imo (that the Marsupilami was missing after the first story didn't help either).

You're also one of the few people round here who has bought Elephantmen. I absolutely love that series, but somehow they stopped putting out the HCs. The last one was published at least 3 years ago, iirc. Wonder what happened.
    Thanks LordJulius! Ha, "diapers or books?" ! So true lol

I was unsure at first if I should just buy Thorgal in color, but after paging through the first few colored volumes that are in this Integrale and not really liking the colors in those I decided to go with the B&W Integrale. The way bigger format helped too! I might reconsider buying the colored versions for the later albums.

As for Spirou Integrales, I never read any material in the four Integrales between Franquin and Tome & Janry. I really wanted those Tome & Janry ones, so I decided to buy the other four in between to have the whole series. Tome & Janry's run is really well regarded from what I could read online, probably 2nd best liked Spirou run behind Franquin. I vaguely remember reading a few Tome & Janry albums when I was a teen and enjoying them.

And yeah too bad about Image stopping the release of Elephantmen in HC. I like fat TPBs though, so it's all good, can't wait to start reading the series!

Amazing Member

Decided to try out some more image/Valiant titles I've been eyeing. Slowly but surely I'm going to get through them. Also purchased my first tablet. It's a 10 inch Acer tablet. Nothing too fancy since I only use it for reddit/youtube and now digital comics.

IMG_0699.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCairo View Post
    Decided to try out some more image/Valiant titles I've been eyeing. Slowly but surely I'm going to get through them. Also purchased my first tablet. It's a 10 inch Acer tablet. Nothing too fancy since I only use it for reddit/youtube and now digital comics.
    Comixology sales are source of some real bargains for digital comics, worth having a look at site every week or so. And I've regularly heard reports of what a bargain Marvel Unlimited is, if you're a hard core Marvel fan.

Just bought a couple of things off comixology. First is "Batman and the Outsiders", the Mike Barr/ Jim Aparo run. This is an unusual buy for me, because I nearly always buy because of the writer. Here I bought because I really, really like Jim Aparo's art. (Though..to be fair...do like what bit of Mike Barr's writing I've read.)

Second was Joshua Dysart's Imperium series. Here bought because concept sounds interesting, and its got consistently good reviews.
    Last edited by JackDaw; 06-22-2017 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    Comixology sales are source of some real bargains for digital comics, worth having a look at site every week or so. And I've regularly heard reports of what a bargain Marvel Unlimited is, if you're a hard core Marvel fan.

Just bought a couple of things off comixology. First is "Batman and the Outsiders", the Mike Barr/ Jim Aparo run. This is an unusual buy for me, because I nearly always buy because of the writer. Here I bought because I really, really like Jim Aparo's art. (Though..to be fair...do like what bit of Mike Barr's writing I've read.)

Second was Joshua Dysart's Imperium series. Here bought because concept sounds interesting, and its got consistently good reviews.
    Have you read the Harbinger series from Dysart? I'm waiting on an Imperium deluxe because I'm deluxe only with Valiant so far s I don't know how accessible Imperium is but it is a continuation of Harbinger and carries the status quo that got set up of the end of that series. Also same characters and everything.