Page 231 of 360 FirstFirst ... 131181221227228229230231232233234235241281331 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,465 of 5394

Thread: Latest orders!

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Some signings from Glasgow Comic Con 2017. I thought that they would look at me strangely when I asked them to sign JB Service like James Bond, but they were pretty chill haha I love it though! The hardbacks are Phonogram and WicDiv.

JB Service
    pretty fun idea with the JB signatures

Haha, I asked Kieron to do it and then got distracted swapping between them as they were signing the books, so I didn't actually see Jamie's response until I got back to my flat :P
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

A little haul from late June, the last of which has arrived!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

A little haul from late June, the last of which has arrived!
    are the DW books actual prose right? I always see them among the comics on a lot of websites. I wonder if they are any good.

Yep they are I've only read The Clockwise Man and I'm halfway through Winner Takes All. Winner Takes All isn't so good, but I liked The Clockwise Man, and I'm presuming that given how many there are, some of them will be a bit crap haha I got them HC for about £4 each second hand, plus one of the later ones at GCC for £2.50 I think it was.

Yep they are I've only read The Clockwise Man and I'm halfway through Winner Takes All. Winner Takes All isn't so good, but I liked The Clockwise Man, and I'm presuming that given how many there are, some of them will be a bit crap haha I got them HC for about £4 each second hand, plus one of the later ones at GCC for £2.50 I think it was.
    that's not a bad price. I think I will stick to big finish, there is a War Master series coming out soon with Derek Jacobi.

Spectacular Member RickyMeister's Avatar

What i got in this week.IMG_1153.jpgif i worked it out correctly then all in the invincible hardcovers should fit on one shelf nicely. Then after that i will move ln to chew omnivore editions

Quote Originally Posted by RickyMeister View Post
    What i got in this week.IMG_1153.jpgif i worked it out correctly then all in the invincible hardcovers should fit on one shelf nicely. Then after that i will move ln to chew omnivore editions
    Get the smorgasbord editions if you have the room, they are much nicer, and not really anymore expensive

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Get the smorgasbord editions if you have the room, they are much nicer, and not really anymore expensive
    If i can get volume 1 for a decent price i will probably get them. Will be needing another shelf soon so i could make some room for them and any other absolute/library editions in the future.

If i can get volume 1 for a decent price i will probably get them. Will be needing another shelf soon so i could make some room for them and any other absolute/library editions in the future.
    Image did do slipcase versions of Invincible too, 3 volumes, volume three for some reason was different dimensions and spine from the first 2 and was a right pain to the OCD when on the shelf, then they stopped releasing them, so I had the first 3 and then went onto the deluxes

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Image did do slipcase versions of Invincible too, 3 volumes, volume three for some reason was different dimensions and spine from the first 2 and was a right pain to the OCD when on the shelf, then they stopped releasing them, so I had the first 3 and then went onto the deluxes
    hasnt one of the ultimate collections also got a different spine. Not looking forward to getting that one

Spectacular Member

hasnt one of the ultimate collections also got a different spine. Not looking forward to getting that one
    Yeah they messed up the spine of vol 9

Mighty Member

It has "Invincible" in purple instead of yellow. It's not that bad, considering the rainbow assortment of colors used on them as is.
    Last edited by awayne83; 07-08-2017 at 12:41 PM.

Mighty Member

Latest:

https://imgur.com/W7ep98P

Few thoughts:

-Giant Days is a standard hc. Why do you do this to me Boom!? It is a nice edition tho

-continue to be amazed at Marvel's thinning trade epidemic. They're almost like a prestige format single issue at this point

-pleasantly surprised with DCs deluxe binding. Sewn and opens very nicely. If i didn't know, I'd think it was a Marvel ohc. And no black covers!

-ditto for Powers. Built like a tradional Marvel ohc, they've finally moved away from the glued pages and binding. It only took them 7 volumes.

-I agree that the Avengers spine is kinda meh. Looks like it may interlock with the next volume based on the design
    Last edited by awayne83; 07-08-2017 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Latest:

https://imgur.com/W7ep98P

Few thoughts:

-Giant Days is a standard hc. Why do you do this to me Boom!? It is a nice edition tho

-continue to be amazed at Marvel's thinning trade epidemic. They're almost like a prestige format single issue at this point

-pleasantly surprised with DCs deluxe binding. Sewn and opens very nicely. If i didn't know, I'd think it was a Marvel ohc. And no black covers!

-ditto for Powers. Built like a tradional Marvel ohc, they've finally moved away from the glued pages and binding. It only took them 7 volumes.

-I agree that the Avengers spine is kinda meh. Looks like it may interlock with the next volume based on the design
    that' the first pic I've seen of Tokyo ghost, looks great, can't wait for mine to arrive! Also shame for Giant days but it's kind of expected with Boom. I will get it nonetheless heard great things about the series.