Page 238 of 360 FirstFirst ... 138188228234235236237238239240241242248288338 ... LastLast
Results 3,556 to 3,570 of 5394

Thread: Latest orders!

All-New Member

And the name of this comic shop is...

Are we racing there?
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    BPRD, Empowered and BoD were all ebay finds. Paid over RRP but nowhere near the ridiculous asking prices on Amazon and the like.
    Nice! I've been looking for 3 & 4 for quite a while
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Haul from the last 3 months;

http://imgur.com/a/Mmtoi
    How big is that AD hardcover? Is it the same size as the Revival deluxe?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    How big is that AD hardcover? Is it the same size as the Revival deluxe?
    Same height, slightly wider if I remember right.

Spectacular Member RickyMeister's Avatar

Ordered last night and just got in the post today. Only cost me £55(now i need to sell the tpbs i brought not long ago brought)IMG_1325.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by RickyMeister View Post
    Ordered last night and just got in the post today. Only cost me £55(now i need to sell the tpbs i brought not long ago brought)IMG_1325.jpg
    Very good deal, I sold mine for over £100 if I remember correctly

Quote Originally Posted by rynprc View Post
    Same height, slightly wider if I remember right.

Cool, thanks

One of the main problems I have is that I have a huge list of books that I want, but I have to try and figure out which ones I will end up having to pay XXX for if I don't get them fairly soon haha
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Incredible Member

I have a huge backlog of omnibus' to read cause of that. Buying the whole series of books in case later books are OOP by the time I get to read the first book in a series.

Spectacular Member RickyMeister's Avatar

Also got these this week

IMG_1337.jpg

I am learning as I go along since fully changing to collected editions.
    Like that it is better to focus on just building a diverse library of books I want to read
    and not just when I have finished reading a book. Unlike a floppy that if not read after a
    few weeks, will not be read, a book on a shelf will always be picked up and continued (even if it takes years).
    That I have to pick my poison (as it were) and decide what volumes do I did to build on (even if I end up having five or six untouched books)
    before those fall into second or third sellers for a higher price and what books I am more interested in just reading some stories and not
    all too worried if I just end up with vol.1 and 4 of that series.
    It is looking more and more like I am just going to end up with a scattered collection of stories published originally over the past 80 years
    and if I manage to bring a few up to completion than cool............. The Golden Age Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman are probably
    the most likely along with some recent books.

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    I am learning as I go along since fully changing to collected editions.
    Like that it is better to focus on just building a diverse library of books I want to read
    and not just when I have finished reading a book. Unlike a floppy that if not read after a
    few weeks, will not be read, a book on a shelf will always be picked up and continued (even if it takes years).
    That I have to pick my poison (as it were) and decide what volumes do I did to build on (even if I end up having five or six untouched books)
    before those fall into second or third sellers for a higher price and what books I am more interested in just reading some stories and not
    all too worried if I just end up with vol.1 and 4 of that series.
    It is looking more and more like I am just going to end up with a scattered collection of stories published originally over the past 80 years
    and if I manage to bring a few up to completion than cool............. The Golden Age Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman are probably
    the most likely along with some recent books.
    the most important thing I've learned during the years is patience. I still fuss about getting books that might go oop although I think it's easier to find rare books in the US (still I had some great luck in the UK) but most series get reprinted eventually one way or another.
    The backlog problem can be frustrating but it only bothered me until I got so much books that it's not just an unread pile anymore but half my library which is actually quite comforting because no matter what I fancy at the moment I can always find something unread on the shelf that will satisfy me.

Incredible Member

My happy birthday LCS cover price haul. image.jpg
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Incredible Member

Having a backlog is not a bad problem to have. I can only imagine what some people have as a backlog here. I look forward to reading everything I have when I eventually get around to it.(2 young kids really slows thing down)