Page 242 of 360 FirstFirst ... 142192232238239240241242243244245246252292342 ... LastLast
Results 3,616 to 3,630 of 5394

Thread: Latest orders!

Fantastic Member

not all of these are a comic book but some are related

i actually took the photos for other purposes, that's why the focus isn't really on the only legit comic book in the haul always wanted to try Peanuts but have no money or space for the multiple volumes of the complete collection, and this was like 20 bucks new in shrinkwrap, no brainer.

haul.jpg

calvinhobbes.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbones View Post
    Got the Nailbiter Deluxe Edition Hardcover yesterday. Read 2 issues so far and it's really good! Does anyone know when or if they will release the Vol. 2 Hardcover? Hope they release it soon.
    It's been almost a year and a half since it came out and we haven't had a volume 2 yet.

I think someone a few pages back said they asked the authors and they said there was a screw up and 2018 should see a second and third hardcover. I think.

Don't quote me on that though

Quote Originally Posted by GhostPirate View Post
    First time I've felt I had a reasonably post-worthy haul, even though this is about 2 months worth of buys for me. Coincidentally, I also got the Starslammers and first 2 Ragnarok HCs recently, as I was on a bit of a Simonson-centric spree after finally getting around to finishing off my Thor TPB set.

Attachment 53605
    loads of great stuff there!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    loads of great stuff there!
    Thanks a lot, and that was a pretty awesome haul you had, too!

This forum has helped inspire me to start upgrading my very floppy-heavy collection to more trades and HCs when possible... helped by coming across some pretty good deals along the way

Started collecting slowly around April this year. These are from the last 30 days (got the Hickman Avengers Omnibus a little earlier than that).

BlFZRRN.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Materiel View Post
    Started collecting slowly around April this year. These are from the last 30 days (got the Hickman Avengers Omnibus a little earlier than that).

BlFZRRN.jpg
    Just finished Vol. 2 of Kill or be Killed and it's excellent! 3 issues into Nailbiter and it's really good too. Nice stuff

Great purchases, Balakin, Ghost Pirate, zaboraviti and Materiel. Just binge-read the two EoW HCs while on vacation. Such a brilliant series. Can't wait for vol. 3.

Incredible Member

I'm currently on a binge. About 20 books within a few weeks due to great sales i'm taking advantage of. Lot of deluxes and some Omnibus/Absolutes that have been on my list to get. Partly due to threads like this! Everytime I see something I haven't heard of, I go researching. The hunt for new great material I've never heard of is part of the thrill for me.

Over the last few months I have purchased a few books that cost me over $500
    which at first glance seems steep (for me)
    but than when I take into account I don't buy floppies any longer which would cost me $40 a week
    and than the train which was another $8 ($190 a month) spending over $500 actually is saving me
    money and travel time.

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    but than when I take into account I don't buy floppies any longer which would cost me $40 a week
    and than the train which was another $8 ($190 a month) spending over $500 actually is saving me
    money and travel time.
    I find it so difficult to give up floppies, but I have started cutting back on them.

I've cut down to basically MMPR, James Bond and 3 Image titles
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Materiel View Post
    I find it so difficult to give up floppies, but I have started cutting back on them.
    Me too. It's hard but I like it and decided that from now on, older series will only be purchased in trades or hc/omnibus and new series in singles. It saves me money and the searching etc.. Exception to that is Action Comics, Detective Comics, Batman and Superman. I have Vol. 1 to 3 of Superman and after that it's singles, Batman I have Vol. 1 to 3 also (vol. 3 is out next week) and after that it's in singles. Action Comics and Detective Comics it's the same thing.

Darealbw

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    money and travel time.
    I agree with you. Trades or hardcovers does save a lot. I am now kinda decided to go back collecting them again instead of floppies.

Sixth Gun deluxe Vol. 4 and New Teen Titans omnibus vol. 1 (Wolfman/Perez)

I generally only buy old comics as HCs etc, but sometimes its easier to get them in singles. For example, I'm currently getting the last few issues of Negation - can't find #22 anywhere!
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”