Page 243 of 360 FirstFirst ... 143193233239240241242243244245246247253293343 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,645 of 5394

Thread: Latest orders!

you just can't win, my pre-orders of Providence book 3 and Neonomicon have been dispatched only to find Speedyhen have lowered the price after they have charged me a higher price, so do you pre-order or not bother?

Spectacular Member RickyMeister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    you just can't win, my pre-orders of Providence book 3 and Neonomicon have been dispatched only to find Speedyhen have lowered the price after they have charged me a higher price, so do you pre-order or not bother?
    I have the world war hulk omnibus in my watch list and i could pre order for 55 now its gone up to 70. Guess it depends on the book

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    really sad to see that speedyhen started doing this as well. Bookdepository was doing this for years, very crappy practice IMHO that's why I never preorder anything unless it's something really cheap usually on amazon and they only charge when they despatch.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    really sad to see that speedyhen started doing this as well. Bookdepository was doing this for years, very crappy practice IMHO that's why I never preorder anything unless it's something really cheap usually on amazon and they only charge when they despatch.
    Bookdepository is still doing that. But it's still cheaper for me to buy it with them than here. I just don't pre-order and wait unitil the prices drop. I also have the feeling that they are upping their price so it looks like they are giving a bigger discount.

Have you ever missed out on a book?
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Have you ever missed out on a book?
    not because of the preorders. The last time I took a gamble was with the Rachel rising omnibus hc and it paid off waiting for Forbidden planet to get some stock since I got it for like £44 while folks were freaking out and paying £60 or more.

Hmmmm, maybe I should consider this not pre-ordering thing :P
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Incredible Member

I pre-order most things I want but pay attention when they are coming up. If you see the price is still high and you know its likely to at worst maintain the same price or get lowered, just cancel. On the other hand, I pre-ordered Thor 3 and Thor (Walt Simonson) Omnibus' right away on amazon.ca when I had the chance. My pre-orders are locked in at around 43 dollars cheaper each than the current listed price. Do I think they will drop from their current price at some point. Absolutely. Will they drop 43 dollars or more. Who knows. I'm glad I pre-ordered them when I did.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

My "Collected" haul from the last few months:

Last edited by Raffi Ol D'Arcy; 09-01-2017 at 03:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post

well, that's a really great pile of awesome stuff but my favourite part is the 2 DVDs, even tho I don't buy any physical copies of movies it just fills my heart with joy to see those 2 in any collection (the Rocketeer being one of my all time favourite movies, it always makes me sad that basically no one under 30 knows it ).

I can't see the picture?

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    I can't see the picture?
    hmm, it doesn't work for me either but I could see it 10 minutes ago.

Spectacular Member RickyMeister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RickyMeister View Post
    I have the world war hulk omnibus in my watch list and i could pre order for 55 now its gone up to 70. Guess it depends on the book
    Just checked again and now the planet/world war hulk omnibus and punisher by ennis omnibus have dropped again now we are closer to release.
    And the johns gl omnibus went from 77 to 59 although they only have v2 in stock.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    well, that's a really great pile of awesome stuff but my favourite part is the 2 DVDs, even tho I don't buy any physical copies of movies it just fills my heart with joy to see those 2 in any collection (the Rocketeer being one of my all time favourite movies, it always makes me sad that basically no one under 30 knows it ).
    I put those DVDs in the pic especially for you Balakin In fact, I eventually picked up the Rocketeer DVD because of how highly you praised it. I'm a movie buff but it's one of those films that "got away" and was on my list of films to see.

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    I can't see the picture?
    Not quite sure why. Hmm, I seem to be having problems with google photos, I'll try and fix it.

I put those DVDs in the pic especially for you Balakin In fact, I eventually picked up the Rocketeer DVD because of how highly you praised it. I'm a movie buff but it's one of those films that "got away" and was on my list of films to see.

Not quite sure why. Hmm, I seem to be having problems with google photos, I'll try and fix it.
    haha! let me know how you like them. Although I must say I think I overhype the Rocketeer a bit. It doesn't break the genre or anything and usually my favourite movies tend to be the ones that elevated their genres in some way while still remained part of it (Robocop, Oldboy, Dark knight, Jurassic Park etc etc) but that's why I like it. It is the perfect example of a good old fashioned action adventure movie.