Page 244 of 360 FirstFirst ... 144194234240241242243244245246247248254294344 ... LastLast
Results 3,646 to 3,660 of 5394

Thread: Latest orders!

Spectacular Member

Last month's hauls :

Wonder girl: adventures of a teen Titan
    Wonder Woman by Greg Rucka book 2

I never really cared for seeing a bunch of long boxes piled up, unless it was in my home.
    But I sure do enjoy seeing the many posts of collectors showing there book cases filled.
    I guess a pile of boxes is a pile of boxes, but each and every book case display is unique
    and something to appreciate and incorporate into a personal library.

Quote Originally Posted by QComix View Post
    Last month's hauls :

nice! Going on a SW binge before the new movie?
    Also I have to get my act together and get the rest of Irredeemable, love that series.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    nice! Going on a SW binge before the new movie?
    Also I have to get my act together and get the rest of Irredeemable, love that series.
    No I'm not really interested in the movie, I'm just on a Star Wars comics kick right now :P

And Irredeemable is very good, indeed !

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

My latest hauls over the last week:

And I FINALLY snagged these books that I have been trying to acquire for a long time. This now completes my Hellboy and BPRD collection (and I'll soon have the last Hellboy LE in about a month)

I bought them off a great seller on Ebay. He wanted $300, but I managed to get them for $270. Yeah, I know that's a lot, but comics are worth what you are willing to pay for them, and I was willing to pay that amount. Plus, I already had the BPRD 1946-1948 DE book, so I can sell one of them and recoup some of my money I spent. In the end, I'll probably have only paid $250, which isn't bad considering how extremely hard it is to find all four of them together for sale.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

^^^
    Nice! Great find with BPRD! Not the be a party pooper but did you know that the entirety of X-O vol3 is in the Armor hunters dlx because it's part of that crossover? Although I can understand if you don't want to have vol 1,2, Armor hunters, vol 4, 5 on your shelf.

image.jpg
    September purchases so far.I finally managed to complete Johns Flash run.
    DC,I need Bronze Age Batman,Green Lantern,and Flash collected.Please,and thank you.

^^^
    Nice! Great find with BPRD!
    Thanks! You don't know how delighted I am to finally have these books in my collection. It's a relief really. I thought I was never going to get them and almost gave up looking.

Not the be a party pooper but did you know that the entirety of X-O vol3 is in the Armor hunters dlx because it's part of that crossover? Although I can understand if you don't want to have vol 1,2, Armor hunters, vol 4, 5 on your shelf.
    Not sure what you mean Balakin. This is the only new Valiant series I have picked up and only because I loved the original run and read the first few issues of this run and liked it. I really don't know what is happening in this new universe. Do you mean there's a crossover with Armor Hunters that isn't in X-O v3?
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by bob fett View Post
    image.jpg
    Oh, wow! I've been thinking of getting Kraven's Last Hunt for a while but I couldn't decide if I wanted to spend the $$$ on that or other things. I'll probably end up getting it eventually. And I just got that Vader omni myself today. It's amazing looking isn't it?!

Also, I can't quite make out what that JLA book is. Is it from Waid's run?

Great books!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Thanks! You don't know how delighted I am to finally have these books in my collection. It's a relief really. I thought I was never going to get them and almost gave up looking.

Not sure what you mean Balakin. This is the only new Valiant series I have picked up and only because I loved the original run and read the first few issues of this run and liked it. I really don't know what is happening in this new universe. Do you mean there's a crossover with Armor Hunters that isn't in X-O v3?
    The complete x-o 3 is in the armor hunters, together with the rest of the event.

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    The complete x-o 3 is in the armor hunters, together with the rest of the event.
    Ah, I get what you're both saying now. I just looked it up. Well, crud. Isn't that a kick in the teeth

So do I need really need those other issues (Armor Hunters: Aftermath #1, Armor Hunters: Bloodshot #1-3, Armor Hunters: Harbinger #1-3, Unity #8-11) to fully understand what happened during that event? Or can I just stick with reading the X-O issues?

Because I'm looking at the prices for that Armor Hunters DE and it's insane.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by QComix View Post
    Last month's hauls :

My latest hauls over the last week:

And I FINALLY snagged these books that I have been trying to acquire for a long time. This now completes my Hellboy and BPRD collection (and I'll soon have the last Hellboy LE in about a month)

I bought them off a great seller on Ebay. He wanted $300, but I managed to get them for $270. Yeah, I know that's a lot, but comics are worth what you are willing to pay for them, and I was willing to pay that amount. Plus, I already had the BPRD 1946-1948 DE book, so I can sell one of them and recoup some of my money I spent. In the end, I'll probably have only paid $250, which isn't bad considering how extremely hard it is to find all four of them together for sale.
    Quote Originally Posted by bob fett View Post
    image.jpg
    Fantastic hauls guys. I considered investing in the Valiant and Mignola Universes as what I had and had read I thought were pretty good but decided against it as a) I would never get around to reading them due to lack of time, b) have to buy a bigger house for lack of space and c) be forced to declare bankruptcy. Btw, my Darth Vader Omnibus is on its way.

Ah, I get what you're both saying now. I just looked it up. Well, crud. Isn't that a kick in the teeth

So do I need really need those other issues (Armor Hunters: Aftermath #1, Armor Hunters: Bloodshot #1-3, Armor Hunters: Harbinger #1-3, Unity #8-11) to fully understand what happened during that event? Or can I just stick with reading the X-O issues?

Because I'm looking at the prices for that Armor Hunters DE and it's insane.
    yeah I think the event itself is kind of important and it's an important story for X-o because the whole story happens because of the armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Fantastic hauls guys. I considered investing in the Valiant and Mignola Universes as what I had and had read I thought were pretty good but decided against it as a) I would never get around to reading them due to lack of time, b) have to buy a bigger house for lack of space and c) be forced to declare bankruptcy. Btw, my Darth Vader Omnibus is on its way.
    both are great universes but some of the hardcovers in both are ridiculously oop. Still the stories are great and worth getting them in any format. Valiant is very crossover heavy outside of a few titles (like the great Ivar, Timewalker) but it's well written and well put together.