Page 247 of 360 FirstFirst ... 147197237243244245246247248249250251257297347 ... LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,705 of 5394

Thread: Latest orders!

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Yeah, pretty good. My biggest problem with these IDW hardcovers are you're still 2 to 2.5 publication years behind the monthly series, so it kinda ruins any cliffhangers...
    My worry is they’ll lose the rights to tmnt (or tranformers) and never finish collecting them...like dark horse with the Star Wars omnibuses.

Quote Originally Posted by mooch View Post
    My worry is they’ll lose the rights to tmnt (or tranformers) and never finish collecting them...like dark horse with the Star Wars omnibuses.
    I'm really not worried about that unless there is something I missed here, but here is my argument: TF and TMNT are successful (if awful) movie franchises and the studio won't let them go. Not sure about TMNT plans but TF already has a spin off, sequels and cartoon series in the works so selling the properties doesn't seem like a logical step. The SW movie franchise was in limbo when Lucas sold the rights.
    But even if they would sell it who can pay for them? If it's Disney then no need to worry, IDW has a close relationship with Marvel but even if WB buys it they published DC material before (in artist editions at least) so I'm pretty sure they could work out something. IDW is not my favourite publisher but I will give it to them but they can work out licencing like no one else.

I'm eyeballing that TMNT IDW collection. What are your thoughts about them?

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    I was always a turtle fan so I like what I've read so far (vol 1. Planning to binge the rest soon). My friend never read or seen any TMNT, got the first volume and loved it. So I would say if you are interested get them. Quality is the same as any other IDW deluxe and same as the other series it collects everything in chronological order (minis, one shots). Also it's cheper thn buying all the trades.

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    If you like TMNT at all, odds are you'll love them. They've added new characters to the mythos and also touched on classics from the mirage comics and the original cartoon. Having everything in the correct reading order is a huge plus for me too. This is the only series I double dip on the singles and the hardcovers.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    smallest haul in a long time, which wouldn't be a problem if I would save up the money, but no, I have to spend it on action figures But actually I didn't buy that '54 Godzilla, I got it for my bday from my ex along with Irredeemable v2 (the lesson here is: sometimes the "let's just be friends" part actually pays off).
    So you finally got Ennis' Punisher Omni. Enjoy! It's fun as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    well it finally got reprinted It just hit the UK like a week and a half ago (typical these days). I've just finished Ennis' Punisher Max yesterday and read Welcome back Frank before, and loved all of them.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Been working on the Hardcover Max series. Have volume one and three on the way.

well it finally got reprinted It just hit the UK like a week and a half ago (typical these days). I've just finished Ennis' Punisher Max yesterday and read Welcome back Frank before, and loved all of them.
    That Max series made me fall in love with the Punisher again after thinking he was a cliche. And Garth Ennis writes great comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    That Max series made me fall in love with the Punisher again after thinking he was a cliche. And Garth Ennis writes great comics.
    Many people think the Punisher is just a silly powerfantasy for teenage boys who think Superman sucks because he is boring. Ennis (and some other great writers like Aaron or Rucka) proves them wrong. And you can clearly see how great Ennis was on the title when you start reading the couple of one shots after Ennis' run and see how bad those are. Also he had great artists who understood how to draw the stories. After Ennis a lot of the artists, even when they have a good style, just don't seem to "frame their shots" the way it would fit the tone the previous creators set in during 60 issues.

Many people think the Punisher is just a silly powerfantasy for teenage boys who think Superman sucks because he is boring. Ennis (and some other great writers like Aaron or Rucka) proves them wrong. And you can clearly see how great Ennis was on the title when you start reading the couple of one shots after Ennis' run and see how bad those are. Also he had great artists who understood how to draw the stories. After Ennis a lot of the artists, even when they have a good style, just don't seem to "frame their shots" the way it would fit the tone the previous creators set in during 60 issues.
    Not sure if I read any Rucka or not...I hadn't read a Punisher story in over 20 years until I was recommended the Max series. LOVED it. I also read the other Max run that Aaron did where Punisher fights Kingpin...that was pretty good, as well.

Not sure if I read any Rucka or not...I hadn't read a Punisher story in over 20 years until I was recommended the Max series. LOVED it. I also read the other Max run that Aaron did where Punisher fights Kingpin...that was pretty good, as well.
    It's the best run in comics.Period. Aaron's stuff it's on the same lavel IMHO.

loved Aaron's too. I've just gave up on the volume that's between Aaron and Ennis, it's very disposable and mediocre.
    Rucka is great but it's part of the 616 continuity so you get scenes where Punisher fight supervillains like the Vulture and such but it still works really well. Rucka is just a great storyteller.

loved Aaron's too. I've just gave up on the volume that's between Aaron and Ennis, it's very disposable and mediocre.
    Rucka is great but it's part of the 616 continuity so you get scenes where Punisher fight supervillains like the Vulture and such but it still works really well. Rucka is just a great storyteller.
    I was able to get that hardcover of volume 6 for $8. Not great but worth $8. I’ll check out that Rucka run.

And I just ordered the Back to War Omnibus. To date, the most expensive book I’ve ordered. Good thing I put in overtime at work!

My latest. I think I'll also go for TMNT. I loved it when I was a child, so I'll probably love it now.
    20171008_111158.jpg