Page 265 of 360 FirstFirst ... 165215255261262263264265266267268269275315 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,975 of 5394

Thread: Latest orders!

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    My first of 2018
    Attachment 60953
    lovely! I really should catch up on reading those TMNT books.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    I love Vision and have been waiting on the hardcover since the series ended. Picking it up in an order this week. This is the first I've heard that it's a glued binding and I have to say it's an incredibly disappointing ball drop by Marvel. I'll still get it, but damn Marvel, it's a freaking Eisner winning book that a ton of people have been waiting for. Idiotic decision to say the least. I need to go kick something now.
    Just ordered this. Sucks I’m hearing now it’s a glued binding’ but what a great series.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    I love Vision and have been waiting on the hardcover since the series ended. Picking it up in an order this week. This is the first I've heard that it's a glued binding and I have to say it's an incredibly disappointing ball drop by Marvel. I'll still get it, but damn Marvel, it's a freaking Eisner winning book that a ton of people have been waiting for. Idiotic decision to say the least. I need to go kick something now.
    Yeah i don't understand the thinking behind the choice either. It wasn't "rushed" out like the event HCs, which is what we hear the traditional reasoning behind the glued bindings is. With that said, as someone else pointed out, the binding is not bad. In fact, the more recent glued bindings I've gotten from Marvel have been pretty decent once the book is opened up some, but ymmv.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Can’t make out a title on the fancy looking ones, what are they?
    I added a better photo.

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    You will enjoy the TMNT volumes!
    I love them. All of you were right. Read the first one and almost finished the second.

When you finish the 5th one and feel that you need some emotional support, we are all here for you
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Pulled the trigger on the Thor by Simonson Omnibus.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    Pulled the trigger on the Thor by Simonson Omnibus.
    Good choice! One of my favourite books so far. Really deserves its status as a classic. Hope you'll enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    When you finish the 5th one and feel that you need some emotional support, we are all here for you
    Just finished the 5th. And I know what you mean. Luckily I don't have to wait for the 6th too long

Oh true, I need to get my pre-order in on payday :P
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Spectacular Member

What can the TMNT series be compared to? Thinking bout getting them, but looking for more information before making the plunge.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    Good choice! One of my favourite books so far. Really deserves its status as a classic. Hope you'll enjoy it.
    I re-read the Beta Ray Bill stories about a decade ago, but most of this run hasn’t been read since I was an early teen in the 80s.
    Last edited by Graphic Autist; 01-30-2018 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fillmont View Post
    What can the TMNT series be compared to? Thinking bout getting them, but looking for more information before making the plunge.
    Honestly that's a tough question. Throughout the IDW run there have been elements of sci-fi, adventure, comedy, and relationship/drama. It's also partly an homage to the original Mirage comics run. I'm trying to think of something to compare it to but can only come up with the original Mirage TMNT run (which probably doesn't help you much).

Quote Originally Posted by pch3727 View Post
    Honestly that's a tough question. Throughout the IDW run there have been elements of sci-fi, adventure, comedy, and relationship/drama. It's also partly an homage to the original Mirage comics run. I'm trying to think of something to compare it to but can only come up with the original Mirage TMNT run (which probably doesn't help you much).
    I can't tell you more. This sums up pretty much everything. Only thing I can add is the action. There is a lot of action in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by pch3727 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    I can't tell you more. This sums up pretty much everything. Only thing I can add is the action. There is a lot of action in the comics.
    I’m a bit intrigued about these as well, they seem well received but I have never read anything turtle-wise and all I can think about is the crappy cartoons and movies and it being a bit kiddy-ish, is there a chance I’ll like it?

(It’s exactly the same with the transformer books)