Page 287 of 360 FirstFirst ... 187237277283284285286287288289290291297337 ... LastLast
Results 4,291 to 4,305 of 5394

Thread: Latest orders!

I‘ve got my pre-orders of the last three weeks from my LCS and after a few years off I’m starting to read Marvel again.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

My accumulated haul from the last few months or so:

I wasn't going to get any more Slott Spider-Man stuff as I'm not a big fan of his latter stuff, although I quite enjoed Spider-Verse. The Clone Conspiracy OHC was really cheap from an amazon.co.uk marketplace seller so I went for it. The Mandela GN was free - certain libraries in Warsaw give books away that are seldom read. The Superman GA Vol. 5 Omnibus was at that really low pre-order price from amazon.co.uk. I only received it recently as my brother was visiting from the UK and I had it posted it to him.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    How did you like that Deluxe Hardcover of Action Comics?

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    How did you like that Deluxe Hardcover of Action Comics?
    Very nice indeed. At that price, it's a steal and a must for any Superman fan.

Edit: There's a couple of interesting articles and quite a few of the best known stories and also first appearances. I think it would have been cool for a few more articles by past creators and also a better cover gallery as it's lacking in that area but overall it's a very nice thickish book.
    Last edited by Raffi Ol D'Arcy; 05-31-2018 at 10:40 AM.

Spectacular Member

Nice haul Raffi!! How good are the stories in Superman Exile omni ? Thinking about ordering it...

Quote Originally Posted by QComix View Post
    Nice haul Raffi!! How good are the stories in Superman Exile omni ? Thinking about ordering it...
    I haven't actually read those stories yet but I've heard a lot of good things. Maybe someone else could comment?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post

I‘ve got my pre-orders of the last three weeks from my LCS and after a few years off I’m starting to read Marvel again.
    The stories of Old Man Logan and Doctor Strange on those volumes are great,good choice on these Marvel TPB´s imo.

Astonishing Member

Cool Haul.
    Do all the Marvel Omnibuses have the letters section included in them as the Avengers Omnibus 3 or the Daredevil Shadowland?
    Because Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus having the letters section included was a cool feature in those Omnibuses so i am wondering if all the Marvel Omnibuses have the letters section in them.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    Cool Haul.
    Do all the Marvel Omnibuses have the letters section included in them as the Avengers Omnibus 3 or the Daredevil Shadowland?
    Because Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus having the letters section included was a cool feature in those Omnibuses so i am wondering if all the Marvel Omnibuses have the letters section in them.
    Thx Whiteshark.

No, unfortunately, only the Silver Age Omnibuses include the Letters pages. Therefore Avengers 3 will have them but not Shadowland.

Impressive hauls, guys!

@whiteshark: Thx. I‘ve already read Old Man Logan 1+2 yesterday and I want more. So good!

Astonishing Member

Thx Whiteshark.

No, unfortunately, only the Silver Age Omnibuses include the Letters pages. Therefore Avengers 3 will have them but not Shadowland.
    Thanks for the info.

Great books, Lago and Raffi. I've been tempeted by that Doc savage book for a while now but am still looking for a good price. 80 Years of Superman looks also good but I'm not sure how much double-dipping that would mean as I'm sure I have some of the stories in miscellaneous archives and TPBs.

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    Impressive hauls, guys!
    Thx!

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Great books, Lago and Raffi. I've been tempeted by that Doc savage book for a while now but am still looking for a good price. 80 Years of Superman looks also good but I'm not sure how much double-dipping that would mean as I'm sure I have some of the stories in miscellaneous archives and TPBs.
    Cheers!

DOC SAVAGE ARCHIVES - I ordered mine through flubit for around £26.50. It was going for around £28 or so on amazon.co.uk and flubit beat that price and sent me a copy (using Speedyhen).

ACTION COMICS: 80 YEARS OF SUPERMAN - I thought the same re: double-dipping but I went for it anyway as it's such a nice book. I don't have my copy with me but I copied the list of issues from the DC Wikia page:

OVERVIEW:
    Hardcover celebrating the 80th anniversary of Superman's debut in Action Comics #1, revisiting stories from across the decades and featuring debuts of key characters like Superman, Lois Lane, Supergirl, Brainiac and Toyman, as well as fellow Action Comics stars Zatara the Master Magician, the Vigilante and the Human Target. The book also includes an essay by Paul Levitz, a never-before-published Golden Age Superman story believed to have been written by Jerry Siegel and illustrated by the Joe Shuster Studio, a tribute to Action Comics by Jerry Siegel's daughter Laura Siegel Larson, an introduction by Jules Feiffer, plus essays by different writers and a new story "The Game," written by Paul Levitz with art by Neal Adams.

ISSUES:
    Action Comics #1: "The Coming of Superman"; "The Mystery of the Freight Train Robberies"
    Action Comics #2: "Revolution in San Monte"
    Action Comics #42: "The Origin of the Vigilante"
    Action Comics #64: "The Terrible Toyman!"
    "Too Many Heroes!" (A previously unpublished story produced in 1945; A revised version was published in 1948's Superman #55)
    Action Comics #241: "The Super-Key to Fort Superman"
    Action Comics #242: "The Super-Duel in Space"
    Action Comics #252: "The Supergirl from Krypton!"
    Action Comics #285: "The World's Greatest Heroine!"
    Action Comics #309: "The Superman Super-Spectacular!"
    Action Comics #419: "The Assassin Express Contract!"
    Action Comics #484: "Superman Takes a Wife"
    Action Comics #554: "If Superman Didn't Exist..."
    Action Comics #584: "Squatter"
    Action Comics #655: "Ma Kent's Photo Album"
    Action Comics #662: "Secrets in the Night"
    Action Comics #800: "A Hero's Journey"
    Action Comics (Volume 2) #0: "The Boy Who Stole Superman's Cape"
    "The Game" (A new story produced for this book by Paul Levitz and Neal Adams, but also appeared one week later as part of digital editions of Action Comics #1000)