Page 299 of 360 FirstFirst ... 199249289295296297298299300301302303309349 ... LastLast
Results 4,471 to 4,485 of 5394

Thread: Latest orders!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow View Post
    I think Miracleman was expensive due to all the financial/legal issues of buying the rights for that series, along with the fact that even though Alan Moore & Neil Gaiman were both writers on that book, the title isn't well-known enough for them to get huge sales. I never looked into the numbers on that series, but I always assumed it didn't sell well.

I'm still waiting patiently for Gaiman to finish the newer part of the series. I believe Mark Buckingham was going to be the penciler again, which was supposedly the reason he left Fables and Bill Willingham stopped writing Fables (A large part of the reason, anyway).

I'm also hoping Miracleman eventually gets released in omnibus form with both Moore's & Gaiman's parts of the book in one. Their respective runs are too short for them to make it a 2-parter, unless Gaiman's newer part of the series turns out to be real long.
    I was holding out for a better release. Some deluxes or an omnibus. I will be waiting a long time to read it all if I wait for something better. I did the same thing with finally buying the paperbacks of Swamp Thing which made me want to go back and finish Miracleman. I have the Gaiman volume as well.

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    I was holding out for a better release. Some deluxes or an omnibus. I will be waiting a long time to read it all if I wait for something better. I did the same thing with finally buying the paperbacks of Swamp Thing which made me want to go back and finish Miracleman. I have the Gaiman volume as well.

Yeah, it'll probably be a long time until an omnibus is released (If one is ever released).

Good thing is the entire Miracleman run is pretty good. They also included a new Grant Morrison short-story in there. It was so good it made me wish he wrote at least a full-issue's worth.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow View Post
    Yeah, it'll probably be a long time until an omnibus is released (If one is ever released).

Good thing is the entire Miracleman run is pretty good. They also included a new Grant Morrison short-story in there. It was so good it made me wish he wrote at least a full-issue's worth.
    Didn't know that. I see it listed in the third volume. Looking forward to that now.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Just ordered the Fantastic Four by Byrne Omnibus V1.

Possibly my favorite run on a comic of all-time.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Helllllllll no! They're my babies I'm just trying not to spend money
    Oh, good. The way you worded it I thought perhaps you did. Glad you didn't. 🙂
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    Just ordered the Fantastic Four by Byrne Omnibus V1.

Possibly my favorite run on a comic of all-time.
    Byrne's FF run is one of my all time favorite runs.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

another anti order post (okay I actually had a couple books lately but some are still not with me so I will have an actual, real smaller haul post soon):
    went to Edinburgh the first time ever, visited FP and 3 other shops that sold comics...and I bought nothing!
    I was surprised and kind of disappointed. I didn't even buy an action figure or any merch (my friend got a Neca Pennywise at least).
    But it was still fun just walking around Edinburgh but I've found the city disappointing comicbook wise, even FP was kinda dingy and not as exciting compared to the Newcastle one (that was the last FP I was in and I've spent some money there).
    Dead head is not bad for a (very) small shop, they carried some good trades and hcs but I had everything already I wanted.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    another anti order post (okay I actually had a couple books lately but some are still not with me so I will have an actual, real smaller haul post soon):
    went to Edinburgh the first time ever, visited FP and 3 other shops that sold comics...and I bought nothing!
    I was surprised and kind of disappointed. I didn't even buy an action figure or any merch (my friend got a Neca Pennywise at least).
    But it was still fun just walking around Edinburgh but I've found the city disappointing comicbook wise, even FP was kinda dingy and not as exciting compared to the Newcastle one (that was the last FP I was in and I've spent some money there).
    Dead head is not bad for a (very) small shop, they carried some good trades and hcs but I had everything already I wanted.
    I tend not to buy instore as sometimes, the price is too much.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I tend not to buy instore as sometimes, the price is too much.
    I agree but you can get some deals or some books that are rare or just not much more than online and I don't mind a couple of extra quid to support a nice store.
    Also it's different when you go on a holiday and buy stuff as like holiday souvenir.

Batman - Contagion
    Batman - Morrison Omni

I rarely buy in shops, but I agree, sometimes you can get a good deal.
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    I rarely buy in shops, but I agree, sometimes you can get a good deal.
    I don’t buy in shops anymore either. I’m all for supporting LCS, but why pay $40 for something when I can get on IST for $23?
    Last edited by 2nd line g; 08-30-2018 at 03:35 AM.

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    Is Contagion good? People seem mixed on it.
    Not sure. From my No Man’s Land thread I understand this is the start of the story, so I figured I’d get it before I read NML. Looking forward to it!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I agree but you can get some deals or some books that are rare or just not much more than online and I don't mind a couple of extra quid to support a nice store.
    Also it's different when you go on a holiday and buy stuff as like holiday souvenir.
    Agreed. When I go to Canada, I'll likely buy stuff simply due to the location.