Page 300 of 360 FirstFirst ... 200250290296297298299300301302303304310350 ... LastLast
Results 4,486 to 4,500 of 5394

Thread: Latest orders!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by 2nd line g View Post
    I don’t buy in shops anymore either. I’m all for supporting LCS, but why pay $40 for something when I can get on IST for $23?
    Bad service is a killer for me. Without naming places, I've been to some excellent, and some poor stores. One place completely ignored our agreement for a pull-list, another tried overcharging me and another said that I was one of his favourites as I purchased his "Crap comics" (British humour gone wrong).

Saying that, the excellent ones are excellent.

Not much for me in August, should be nothing at all in September, except maybe a birthday present or two.

August
    The Black Dragon
    Ring of Roses
    Sacrifice
    Greendale
    The Angel of Elhamburg
    The Tattooist of Auschwitz
    The Great Darkness
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Just received V1 & 2 of Geoff Johns’ Green Lantern Omnibus.

I had no idea how huge they would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    Just received V1 & 2 of Geoff Johns’ Green Lantern Omnibus.

I had no idea how huge they would be.
    Haha! I had to bring the third one with me to Cambridge. I took all of my books home in a suitcase last weekend (not enough cases for one trip when I go back) and one of the wheels melted away. I'm pretty sure GL was a big component of that, although the myriad of other books may have had an influence...
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Haha! I had to bring the third one with me to Cambridge. I took all of my books home in a suitcase last weekend (not enough cases for one trip when I go back) and one of the wheels melted away. I'm pretty sure GL was a big component of that, although the myriad of other books may have had an influence...
    Yup. That‘s what these books do. When I moved to my old place fours years ago I took a suitcase full of books there every day. One hard rubber wheel busted when the suitcase was filled with 12 omnis and a stack of floppies.

Not much for me in August, should be nothing at all in September, except maybe a birthday present or two.

August
    The Black Dragon
    Ring of Roses
    Sacrifice
    Greendale
    The Angel of Elhamburg
    The Tattooist of Auschwitz
    The Great Darkness

From my perspective, that's blasphemy! I have these books to order in September:

Berlin HC
    Berlin TPB vol 3
    Kick-Ass: The New Girl
    Ballad of Halo Jones vol 3

Then in October:

My Heroes Have Always Been Junkies (Brubaker)
    Star Wars: Darth Vader-Lord of the Sith HC vol 1
    Wonder Woman: Earth One vol 2 ----I wasn't a big fan of the first volume, but this is Grant Morrison so I'm giving him a chance. Sometimes he starts up his stories lukewarm to help it simmer, then has it bubbling hot as it goes further.

My dearth of purchases is between November to February. I don't know of anything on the horizon within that timeframe that I'm planning to get.

Blasphemy to me too! Moving into a new flat though, so I have to adult for a little while...

The Darth Vader is totally worth it

Blasphemy to me too! Moving into a new flat though, so I have to adult for a little while...

The Darth Vader is totally worth it

I understand your pain.....I have more books to order within the time-frame I posted, but I only listed the upcoming releases above. These I'm planning to also buy:

Absolute V For Vendetta ----I have the TPB, figured this book is worthy of an upgrade to an Absolute version.
    Batgirl Stephanie Brown tpb vol 1
    Batgirl Stephanie Brown tpb vol 2
    Black Monday Murders tpb vol 2 ----When the inevitable hardcover collection of this series comes out, it shall appear in my weaselly hands, ASAP.
    Complete Skizz tpb
    Crossed 10th Anniversary HC ----Read mixed reviews on this series, figured I'd just get the first collection with Garth Ennis at the helm
    Global Frequency deluxe edition HC
    Injection tpb
    Jar of Fools tpb
    New Mutants Epic Collection tpb "Renewal"
    Nightly News anniversary edition HC
    Spider-Man/Deadpool by Kelly/McGuinness HC ----Tried this series out on tpb and enjoyed them. Let my recent ex-girlfriend keep the tpbs, and I'm happily upgrading to hardcover.
    Star Wars tpb vol 2 "Showdown on the Smugglers Moon ---This was the only part of Jason Aaron's SW run I truly enjoyed. Introduction of Sana Starros, Dengar vs Chewbacca, etc...
    Zatanna by Paul Dini tpb

The Zatanna and Batgirl runs I have the floppies for, just wanted to have collected versions for easy access on my bookshelf. I'm hoping DC will re-release Gail Simone's early Birds of Prey run. I let my recent ex-gf keep those, so I'm hoping they re-release the stuff, or, better yet, bring that gem out in hardcover form.

Spectacular Member RickyMeister's Avatar

Been over a month since my last post, was waiting for the fourth plague of frogs before showing but its taking its time.
    2855A98A-CD87-4CF6-A03A-5C87F7FF6A11.jpg

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 02:20 PM.

Just placed the order for the big-ass Galactus book and Geoff Johns’ GL V3 Omnibus.

I figure the Galactus book will be a display piece in my office at work that nobody else will care about.

My latest from the last weeks
    20180906_105616.jpg

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    My latest from the last weeks
    20180906_105616.jpg

Some of the books areupside down and therefore defective. You should return them or send them to me for safekeeping.

Ordered the Loeb/Sales Bats Omnibus.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    Some of the books areupside down and therefore defective. You should return them or send them to me for safekeeping.
    You're such a generous person! :P