Page 308 of 360 FirstFirst ... 208258298304305306307308309310311312318358 ... LastLast
Results 4,606 to 4,620 of 5394

Thread: Latest orders!

Mighty Member

Last couple orders

- Batman by Manapul & Buccelatto
    - Silver Surfer by Slott Omni
    - MMPR Year Two
    - Harrow County LE
    Last edited by awayne83; 11-28-2018 at 10:16 AM.

I've been thinking about getting Deadly Class for a while now, but I have so much on my list! How is the MMPR Year Two? I need it to look pretty beside my Year One and my 2 million MMPR pops xD
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    How is the MMPR Year Two? I need it to look pretty beside my Year One and my 2 million MMPR pops xD
    Like this? Lol

Haven't read the material yet, but like the previous volume it's a nice build with lots of extras.

I've been thinking about getting Deadly Class for a while now, but I have so much on my list! How is the MMPR Year Two? I need it to look pretty beside my Year One and my 2 million MMPR pops xD
    Get Deadly class! It's violent, fun, good cast, good cliffhangers. I think you will like it. Personally I can't wait for the next volume.

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 02:14 PM.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Like this? Lol

Haven't read the material yet, but like the previous volume it's a nice build with lots of extras.
    How are those Planet of the Apes HCs? Are they the same height as an Omnibus? I read somewhere that they didn't reproduce "everything" from the original issues, only the stories themselves. Do you have any internal pics on hand? I was in two minds as to purchasing them but I kind of have a hunch that Disney will pick up the rights at some point and we may see Omnibuses.

It does look pretty...
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    How are those Planet of the Apes HCs? Are they the same height as an Omnibus? I read somewhere that they didn't reproduce "everything" from the original issues, only the stories themselves. Do you have any internal pics on hand? I was in two minds as to purchasing them but I kind of have a hunch that Disney will pick up the rights at some point and we may see Omnibuses.
    They're pretty nice. Not as tall as deluxe/omni, but a bit wider, i guess due to their original magazine format. They chose to collect stories in entirety in the collections instead of across several issues as they originally did. So basically the issues are not in "order" so to speak, but the stories are. They also missed the first page from an issue in the 3rd volume i believe that had people up in arms, but you know how that goes. There's a good sized thread on the MM site with a lot more info from people much more knowledgable about the material than myself. I'm just more a fan of the original POTA movies so i couldn't resisit.

I can post picks later in the evening.

Edit: Here's some pics

I lied earlier. They are the same height as ohcs, about an inch wider though. Printed in b&w on decent grade glossy paper. The embedded logo in the front cover is a nice touch (not sure how visible that is in the pics). Wish Ploog had more of the art duties, he's pretty much only in v1, although the other artists hold there own well enough.
    Last edited by awayne83; 11-28-2018 at 04:49 PM.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

They're pretty nice. Not as tall as deluxe/omni, but a bit wider, i guess due to their original magazine format. They chose to collect stories in entirety in the collections instead of across several issues as they originally did. So basically the issues are not in "order" so to speak, but the stories are. They also missed the first page from an issue in the 3rd volume i believe that had people up in arms, but you know how that goes. There's a good sized thread on the MM site with a lot more info from people much more knowledgable about the material than myself. I'm just more a fan of the original POTA movies so i couldn't resisit.

I can post picks later in the evening.

Edit: Here's some pics

I lied earlier. They are the same height as ohcs, about an inch wider though. Printed in b&w on decent grade glossy paper. The embedded logo in the front cover is a nice touch (not sure how visible that is in the pics). Wish Ploog had more of the art duties, he's pretty much only in v1, although the other artists hold there own well enough.
    Thanks for the reply and also for the pics. They do look great, although I have to say the colour scheme of the spines seem a little off. I would have expected something a bit more momentous/sombre if you know what I mean. Good news regarding the height. They remind me of the Doc Savage Archives Vol. 1 which I have. Unfortunately, Vol. 1&2 are now OOP. If I come across them at a decent price, I may bite.

Spectacular Member

Like this? Lol

Looking great! Though I've had trouble finding BOOM HCs lately. Irredeemable Premier Vol. 5 was unavailable everywhere for quite a while (but now is back in stock at Amazon at least). And I was looking forward to buy MMPR Year 2 HC this week, but I can't find it anywhere...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by QComix View Post
    Looking great! Though I've had trouble finding BOOM HCs lately. Irredeemable Premier Vol. 5 was unavailable everywhere for quite a while (but now is back in stock at Amazon at least). And I was looking forward to buy MMPR Year 2 HC this week, but I can't find it anywhere...
    Thanks. It does seem some of the smaller publishers have cut back on print runs over the last year or 2. I guess that should be somewhat expected, but its kind of ridiculous when a book is gone in a matter of weeks sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Get Deadly class! It's violent, fun, good cast, good cliffhangers. I think you will like it. Personally I can't wait for the next volume.
    I third this. Enigma should check out Deadly Class. Great series. I read it in standard trades and every time I order one I kick myself for not waiting on the hardcovers.

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    I third this. Enigma should check out Deadly Class. Great series. I read it in standard trades and every time I order one I kick myself for not waiting on the hardcovers.
    I'm on it ladies and gents, I'm on it. I just need to find a large sum of money somewhere. Anybody dropped any recently?

I'm pretty certain that I've missed some, but this month's haul. The library in my new flat is almost readyish, so new collection video is due in January I reckon'

1. 87th Precinct: Cop Hater
    2. Waylander (first edition)
    3. The First Chronicles of Druss
    4. Accidental Salad
    5. The Listening Agent
    6. I’m Never Coming Back
    7. Silverfish
    8. All You Need is Kill
    9. JB: The Body
    10. The Walking Dead Book 5
    11. The Walking Dead Book 9
    12. The Art of Harry Potter
    13. Pokemon Adventures V1-7
    14. Diablo: The Order
    15. Diablo: Storm of Light
    16. Diablo: The Book of Adria
    17. Janeway’s Immunobiology

Mighty Member

I'm pretty certain that I've missed some, but this month's haul. The library in my new flat is almost readyish, so new collection video is due in January I reckon'

17. Janeway’s Immunobiology
    Lol

10char
    Last edited by awayne83; 11-30-2018 at 04:33 PM.