Page 315 of 360 FirstFirst ... 215265305311312313314315316317318319325 ... LastLast
Results 4,711 to 4,725 of 5394

Thread: Latest orders!

New XMen Academy X Coll
    Fairy Tail vol 1-3
    Kaguya-san wants to be confessed vol 5.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by FreakyFraser View Post
    Glad to see I'm not the only one who buys books but doesn't get around to reading all of them lol. I've spent some of the holidays clearing my backlog but even looking at my shelf now I can see books begging to be read (I'm looking at you Planetary Books 1 & 2).

Further to that I'd say my resolutions would be to:

1. Stop buying singles (I have a bad habit of buying the singles, and then immediately buying the trade of the same story-line as soon as it's solicited. Sometimes the trade arrives and I still haven't read the singles. Shame!)

2. Stop buying the same stories in multiple formats.. (how many 'versions' of Dark Knight and Year One do I need.......apparently 4 of each it seems lol)
    My resolution is: I don't buy singles, I don't buy trades, I only buy hc collected editions and I still have a backlog (most of it because I had to get by after years of not reading comics).

My haul over December.

Forbidden Planet had some good deals to be had. Got most of these Titan HCs for 99p! Absolute Sandman was £20 and the last one i needed.

Also surprised to see Serpieri drop a new volume of Druuna out of nowhere.

And my Kickstarter edition of Palmiottis Killing Time in America came, with a small original art piece by Amanda Connor!

All in all, a good time was had :P

Ha, you're in for a weird one with Ring of Roses. I got mine for £2.99 I think (also FB), so you beat me :P
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 02:09 PM.

Incredible Member

Just ordered:
    Conan Marvel Years Omnibus Volume 1
    Ben Reilly Omnibus Volume 1
    Guardians of the Galaxy Tomorrow’s Heroes Omnibus
    Witchfinder TPB 5
    Deadly Class Deluxe HC 1

BANNED

New arrivals

Fairy Tail vol 4-8
    Xmen Legacy (Spurrier) vol 1-4
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Latest:

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Just ordered Conan the Barbarian Marvel Omnibus crappy cover variant and two Marvel Epics - FF “Into the Timestream” and Excalibur “The Cross-TIme Caper.”

Heading to Texas this week, and hopefully these will be waiting for me at work when I return the week after.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    Just ordered Conan the Barbarian Marvel Omnibus crappy cover variant and two Marvel Epics - FF “Into the Timestream” and Excalibur “The Cross-TIme Caper.”

Heading to Texas this week, and hopefully these will be waiting for me at work when I return the week after.
    I also ordered the much sought after bad cover variant. Marvel should just offer other actual issue covers as variants.
    It’s still #1 at IST anyways. Looking forward to reading it. I only read like 1 or 2 conan issues when I was younger.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    I also ordered the much sought after bad cover variant. Marvel should just offer other actual issue covers as variants.
    It’s still #1 at IST anyways. Looking forward to reading it. I only read like 1 or 2 conan issues when I was younger.
    Would not surprise me to see it go for more money after the first week. The 55% discount won’t last and they played me for the sucker I am.��

Graphic Autist,
    You are not a sucker.
    You are a reader and collector like many who have missed out on the direct market cover.
    Who is interested in what is contained within the book and not just how cool it would look
    sitting on the book case (front cover facing you).
    I wanted the Barry-Windsor Smith cover the minute I first saw it months ago.
    And I also was not there when they became available for sale and so now find myself
    stuck between taking the regular cover at a discount or hoping the Smith cover becomes
    available even at a higher cost.
    What really bugs me and gets my craw is knowing this same crap is going to happen when
    Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus volume 4 comes out. So what is one to do? hold out and
    pay more to keep classic covers on the omnibus collection or just hope for plan A
    but drop back to plan B when these books come out?
    I can not say Marvel is wrong for even offer non comic reproduced covers n these omnibuses
    because it is obvious (to me) this strategy has played a big part in the collectability of these
    Omnibuses over the years, along with Marvels hesitation to reprint them sooner.
    Last edited by My Two Cents; 01-20-2019 at 05:33 PM.

All-New Member

As I handed in my Master's dissertation in the beginning of January and have to defend it on the end of January, I had A LOT of time to dive into the comics I wished to read and own, as such I ordered quite a lot of books (my wallet is hurting)
    Attached Images Attached Images

I like! I hope that I actually get around to buying Deadly Class some day :P
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”