Page 319 of 360 FirstFirst ... 219269309315316317318319320321322323329 ... LastLast
Results 4,771 to 4,785 of 5394

Thread: Latest orders!

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    I blush when people kiss in front of me. These comics do not sound like my thing...
    I'm usually not really into them either but Sunstone worth a shot IMHO. especially that you can sample it for free.

BANNED

I'm in to them :P there should be sex in the material which i read at some point, otherwise, it feels lifeless but i read regular super hero stuff which doesn't have any sex in it as well.

Also check out Small Favors. It's not as fleshed out as Sunstone, but there is still a story there.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurz View Post
    I'm in to them :P there should be sex in the material which i read at some point, otherwise, it feels lifeless but i read regular super hero stuff which doesn't have any sex in it as well.
    I was mostly thinking about books that's main focus is sex. I agree that sex is a part of life but when everything revolves around it in a story it becomes just as unrealistic as the sexless superhero books. I'm genuinely happy any time a hero gets laid because most of the times writers find an excuse to interrupt it with a villain attacking or something (that full page panel in Grayson Superspy when the girl says "Dick" I was very pleasantly surprised mister goody two shoes got some).

Quote Originally Posted by Spoked Ham View Post
    Also check out Small Favors. It's not as fleshed out as Sunstone, but there is still a story there.
    looked it up, it looks like fun with good art but I'm very hard to convince about buying erotic comics. Some of my friends already think I'm weird and/or secretly a serial killer (swear I'm not, I don't have space to hide the bodies, I need it for my books) and I don't want to give them more ammo.

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 02:08 PM.

Astonishing Member

Last Orders:

005.jpg

006.jpg

No Omnibus Edition this time.But interesting Tpbīs to me.

Incredible Member

Finally received the Conan Omnibus yesterday. Yeah the cover is ugly (why does he have such tiny hands that don't find around the handles?!) but whatever. Looking forward to getting into it. There are loads of extras which are nice. I typically just go through those quickly.
    Also got a few more small books. I really like the new Doom Patrol a lot. Read the first issue of the second book. I recommend any fan of the Doom Patrol to pick up the 2 volumes available.

Just ordered the Wonder Woman by Phil Jimenez Omnibus - I really liked his run and especially his art on that - it's a great followup to Perez' run, which Jimenez idolizes.

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    Finally received the Conan Omnibus yesterday. Yeah the cover is ugly (why does he have such tiny hands that don't find around the handles?!) but whatever.
    I actually like John Cassaday as an artist (his work on Planetary is phenomenal), but yeah, not only is his style not right for Conan, that is an atypically bad cover for him. Why not just have a different BWS Conan cover? It's not like there's a lack of them.

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    Just ordered the Wonder Woman by Phil Jimenez Omnibus - I really liked his run and especially his art on that - it's a great followup to Perez' run, which Jimenez idolizes.

I actually like John Cassaday as an artist (his work on Planetary is phenomenal), but yeah, not only is his style not right for Conan, that is an atypically bad cover for him. Why not just have a different BWS Conan cover? It's not like there's a lack of them.
    Thanks for the recommendation, I think I'll get that too. I'm enjoying the Perez WW omni and I liked Jimenez's art in the Infinite Crisis omni.

Incredible Member

Was undecided regarding the WW Omnibus, but while reading the third Knightfall Omnibus there was an issue drawn by Jiminez and I really liked his style - it was as if he was paying hommage to George Perez. So I ordered it Does it directly continue George Perez' run?

Also ordered the Captain Marvel Omnibus with the old school cover.

I just ordered Gail Simone's run on Birds of Prey from ebay. Volume 1 and 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    Does it directly continue George Perez' run?
    No, not directly - there was quite a bit of time/issues between the runs, but that is the run he references and follows up with the most.

His art is definitely influenced by Perez, but he's not some hack copy-cat - crazy detailed art, though a slight bit more realism.

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Sunstone was a bore to me even tho i loved the art.
    I really liked the first volume (hardcover) but I am reading the second now and it’s starting to feel kind of soap-opera-esque. Not liking it as much as the first half.

Incredible Member

No, not directly - there was quite a bit of time/issues between the runs, but that is the run he references and follows up with the most.

His art is definitely influenced by Perez, but he's not some hack copy-cat - crazy detailed art, though a slight bit more realism.
    Thanks for the info!