Page 334 of 360 FirstFirst ... 234284324330331332333334335336337338344 ... LastLast
Results 4,996 to 5,010 of 5394

Thread: Latest orders!

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

My recent collected editions haul:

I wasn't going to pick up the Secret Invasion Omnibus but it was going for less than £34 on the amazon.co.uk marketplace and I thought what the heck. I also picked up the Batman Morrison Vol. 2 Omnibus for £34 from amazon.co.uk - it was £39 plus a £5 discount code.

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 02:02 PM.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I wasn't going to pick up the Secret Invasion Omnibus but it was going for less than £34 on the amazon.co.uk marketplace and I thought what the heck. I also picked up the Batman Morrison Vol. 2 Omnibus for £34 from amazon.co.uk - it was £39 plus a £5 discount code.
    Nice haul. Let us know what you think of that Shazam (I still call him Captain Marvel) book.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    That's a nice haul Raffi. Do have a book in mind to crack open first?
    Thx. I couldn't resist and I opened ASM Omnibus Vol. 4. Very very nice. The MWF: Death of Daredevil TPB had no shrinkwrap. I also opened up the Shazam: The New Beginnings Deluxe OHC.

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    Nice haul. Let us know what you think of that Shazam (I still call him Captain Marvel) book.
    Thanks also. Yes, he's the original Captain Marvel to me too. I've read the original 4-issue story which retconned CM's origin. The story by Roy and Dann Thomas is pretty good but the art by Tom Mandrake is average, not the greatest. There's a 2-page intro. by Roy Thomas which gives some background as to why Roy Thomas wrote the story and why he didn't carry on with a regular run. I still have the additional stories from Acrion Comics Weekly to read.

Nice haul Raffi!

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    Nice haul Raffi!
    Cheers mate!

Oh! I am also looking for the Secret Invasion Omnibus in the UK. The price on Amazon Marketplace is currently higher - what was the seller selling it for 34 GBP?

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    Oh! I am also looking for the Secret Invasion Omnibus in the UK. The price on Amazon Marketplace is currently higher - what was the seller selling it for 34 GBP?
    BOOKS_EXPRESS_MEDIA and the price was £33.94 with free delivery to the UK. I had it delivered to my brother in the UK. He recently visited me and dropped it off ( I live in Poland).

BOOKS_EXPRESS_MEDIA and the price was £33.94 with free delivery to the UK. I had it delivered to my brother in the UK. He recently visited me and dropped it off ( I live in Poland).
    Ah! I have bought from that seller before. Great bargain you got there, I will keep my eyes open on Amazon UK

By the way, how is the binding on Batman by Grant Morrison? I've heard that there are some binding issues/ spine breaking on some copies?

By the way, how is the binding on Batman by Grant Morrison? I've heard that there are some binding issues/ spine breaking on some copies?
    You know, I actually haven't cracked open either of the two Morrison Batman Omnibuses yet. I'm sure if you ask anyone on the DC Collected Editions thread, someone will be sure to answer

You know, I actually haven't cracked open either of the two Morrison Batman Omnibuses yet.
    For what it's worth, I have, and haven't found any problems.

Another very poor month for comics, but some nice books. Just Stranger Things for comics this month - it was OK, but nothing special... Next month has more comics, yey! I've been reading a lot more books than comics recently but I really want a nice comics run. I might reread the Doctor Who Year One volumes. Are those things even coming out? Jeez. I feel like I've missed them but I can't find anything.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

BANNED

Here are the lastests.